latio 1.6 hatchback, swift 1.5

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yes iridium.
RM140 is Denso only. You using Denso right? The original Nissan plugs are NGK and I am having a very hard time finding the Denso equivalents of my Sylphy plugs. Do you have your plug model? If it's the same then I want your help to get RM140 plugs in future! Cuz 200 is just stupid.

Platinum is like 60k km, Iridium 80k, Iridium tough 100k.

Mine was because some how it shorted, so high end it misfire. It was too expensive to maintain if they blow like that so I switch back to platinum. I think bro. Izso also blew one or two sets of his iridium also....:smokin:
Iridium long last is a lie. A bloody lie. When I first bought the car it just reached 100k km so I changed the plugs. 35k later they failed already. Original nissan NGK iridum plugs. Iridium tough from Denso damn hard to find in KL and quite expensive. My latest set lasted 6 months and wasted because of misfiring.

Check engine light will ON if spark plug blow...?
Just my Noob question.
Depends on car. Nissans - no. Protons - no (depends - if cable spoilt then yes) but Audis yes.

Renesis : btw, you asked if iridiums made a difference - yes it does. It's noticeably smoother to rev and not as rough. But that's about it. No performance gains.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That is why, I use Platinum only. My other cars all use normal plugs because easy to remove and change so no need tahan lama. Moreover plugs needs to be remove and clean. I remember at mechanic there got one customer, many years and many k km the plugs got stuck because plenty carbon build up
If so, then I guess maybe it is better to change new sets of normal plugs for few times than relying on one set of expensive plugs.

No matter what, a new set of normal plus should be better than an expensive plug that has reached more than half of its lifespan isn't it?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I thought can cross reference spark plug model on web. Can google for result.
http://www.globaldenso.com/en/products/aftermarket/plug/cross_reference/1037_8.html

Bro izso, i trying to give you idea about sylphy plug. Just my 2 cents.
to make it even more confusing, my NGK plugs (stock ori) is LZKAR6AP-11 plugs which doesn't exist on your cross reference link. It's actually similar (but not the same) as DENSO FXE20HR11 which is supposedly the same heat range but different gapping.

How laaa :confused:

And the supposed correct one is FXE20HR11 which is impossible to find in KL and expensive as hell in SGP

Last edited:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
to make it even more confusing, my NGK plugs (stock ori) is LZKAR6AP-11 plugs which doesn't exist on your cross reference link. It's actually similar (but not the same) as DENSO FXE20HR11 which is supposedly the same heat range but different gapping.

And the supposed correct one is FXE20HR11 which is impossible to find in KL and expensive as hell in SGP
Re-gap yourself lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
What is the expected mileage for iridium again? I remember is something like 100k km? But I believe they won't last so long as sifu VR once said.
RM140 is Denso only. You using Denso right? The original Nissan plugs are NGK and I am having a very hard time finding the Denso equivalents of my Sylphy plugs. Do you have your plug model? If it's the same then I want your help to get RM140 plugs in future! Cuz 200 is just stupid.

Iridium long last is a lie. A bloody lie. When I first bought the car it just reached 100k km so I changed the plugs. 35k later they failed already. Original nissan NGK iridum plugs. Iridium tough from Denso damn hard to find in KL and quite expensive. My latest set lasted 6 months and wasted because of misfiring.

Depends on car. Nissans - no. Protons - no (depends - if cable spoilt then yes) but Audis yes.

Renesis : btw, you asked if iridiums made a difference - yes it does. It's noticeably smoother to rev and not as rough. But that's about it. No performance gains.
Well the original plugs that came with my Livina from new only lasted 55k km. :mad: However the HKS Iridium on my Mark X is already about 80k km now and still going fine so far.

No, I bought the original Nissan plugs from NGK Japan like this:
http://www.mudah.my/Original+Nissan+Livina+Latio+Iridium+Spark+Plug-40693608.htm

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
That means Nissan's Iridium plug is not as reliable as HKS Iridium plug?
Well maybe. Anyway the HKS plugs were also much more expensive when I bought it at about rm90+ per piece almost 5 yrs ago (not sure now how much). It says the plug is double Iridium though.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Both 11 is 1.1 right? Why different gaping?

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

http://www.sparkplug-crossreference.com/convert/DENSO_PN/FXE20HR11

Livina seems like same plugs...
http://ngk.com.my/images/pdf/NGK_catalogue_booklet_19082015.pdf

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well maybe. Anyway the HKS plugs were also much more expensive when I bought it at about rm90+ per piece almost 5 yrs ago (not sure now how much). It says the plug is double Iridium though.
If it is worth the premium, I guess it is fine to pay that much for those spark plugs. They do seem reliable.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If it is worth the premium, I guess it is fine to pay that much for those spark plugs. They do seem reliable.
After this I will just try the Denso Iridium which is the std recommended one for my X and see how the comparison with the HKS set. It should be much cheaper.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
After this I will just try the Denso Iridium which is the std recommended one for my X and see how the comparison with the HKS set. It should be much cheaper.
Denso Iridium should be like around RM60-RM70 a piece?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
HKS ones not some plug manufacturer make for them?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Denso Iridium should be like around RM60-RM70 a piece?
Yeah mostly around that, but the guy where I bought my Livina plugs said he's selling for only around rm180 for 6 plugs! Not sure if really iridium ori or he misunderstood me.

HKS ones not some plug manufacturer make for them?
If not mistaken it's made by NGK also.
Btw my bad, it's not double iridium but iridium (center electrode) + platinum (outer electrode).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm drive satria 1.6 SOHC and converted to DOHC (1.8 DOHC head only), others still standard.. I'm just wanna do a little bid modification and can you guys help me & give some advice on this particular modification.. tq

1) can I use MIVEC injector 240cc on this head
2) how about exhaust? what size is suitable 2" or 2.2", straight one or just follow
S type (like original)
3) throttle body wanna use V6, it's ok??

hope all of u guys can help me..

TQVM..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience