Larger Throttle Body for H22A

tlyeow

Known Member
Oct 24, 2005
Hi, I want to enlarge the throttle body on my H22A.

I would like to hear from suggestions from the gurus here on what my options are. The options I know include:
1. Use the DC2 Type R (1.8) throttle body and port it bigger
2. Use the B16 Type R (1.6 ) Throttle body and port it bigger

Any others? Thanks in advance.

Sato

2,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
Get the spoon or mugen throttle body that's designed for Euro r .......sure bigger

crxr

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Or I can sell u a euroR throttle n intake manifold for h22a.

tlyeow

Known Member
Oct 24, 2005
thanks for the posts.

Sato, you got any jalan for the TB?

crxr, If only the TB alone, how much? (how big issit?). I won't need the intake manifold as I am currently using the Skunk2 Intake Manifold.

Sato

2,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
thanks for the posts.

Sato, you got any jalan for the TB?

crxr, If only the TB alone, how much? (how big issit?). I won't need the intake manifold as I am currently using the Skunk2 Intake Manifold.
I'm not quite sure....but u can try err....Amoil....or those shops around sunway...

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
if you are using the skunk2 manifold, might as well match it with the skunk2 h22a TB

PM chris2000 for more info.

H-Series Pro DOHC VTEC

Hi, I want to enlarge the throttle body on my H22A.

I would like to hear from suggestions from the gurus here on what my options are. The options I know include:
1. Use the DC2 Type R (1.8) throttle body and port it bigger
2. Use the B16 Type R (1.6 ) Throttle body and port it bigger

Any others? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

tortis96

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
bro, the last time i also decided to enlarge my TB, i called Avantgarde at ss15, standard h22a TB is 60mm, standard euro r TB is 62mm. but if u wan enlarge, the shop recommend 64mm. u just have to exchange ur TB for his ready 64mm TB. price is rm350. i asked amoil and they r charging RM450.

but plz bear in mind that once u enlarge ur TB, u need a piggyback or VAFC to tune ur air flow or ur car will lag. good luck

tlyeow

Known Member
Oct 24, 2005
Thanks guys for your thoughts... I've finally decided to get the Skunk2 TB instead to match the Intake manifold.

Tortis96, yes, you are right on the matter. I've got the e-Manage installed already for that..hehe.... but Avantgarde price is pretty good... other place will not take any exchange... likely need to by a larger TB and port it... they usually won't take in your current TB...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Okay so I have a 2001 Proton Satria GTI and I love everything about it!... well... everything but the front bumper...

Anyone on here know of any after-market front bumpers or front lips that will fit my GIT? I know it can hold some evo body parts but I just want to know a list of cars bumpers that will fit?

Or anyone know how I can get my hands on an original or even after-market R3 front lip? (The black front lip in my dp) without selling my kidney to get one?

Thanks in advance legends ✌
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience