lancer GLX alarm

kahheng

Known Member
Mar 28, 2007
KL/ Johor
shitty problem,and its bugging me. alarm keep triggering and it seems to have some errors coding. its kinda freaking me if i wana take it back to EON..currently im not using alarm to lock the car.just manual. coz if i use alarm to lock, there is no beeping,and after a while it will self trigger. tried to press the LED panel few times according to the manual but fail. somebody pls help!! :(

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
haha....for me .....just unplug the alarm harness and install a new one ......he he

kahheng

Known Member
Mar 28, 2007
KL/ Johor
batery is new..alarm still ok but sometimes this prob will come back and haunt me...haih

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Is it a 2-way alarm? If so, check the transponder/transmitter. Mine 'kaput' then also have similar symptoms like yours ... the transpnder spoilt due to age and car being parked in the sun ...

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
Is it a 2-way alarm? If so, check the transponder/transmitter. Mine 'kaput' then also have similar symptoms like yours ... the transpnder spoilt due to age and car being parked in the sun ...
Stock...one for GLX is just a upgraded Ctr locking + basic alarm + basic immo (just to de-activate starter when alarm trigger)

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Stock...one for GLX is just a upgraded Ctr locking + basic alarm + basic immo (just to de-activate starter when alarm trigger)

I see ... so there should still be a receiver antenna probably installed under the steering wheel column ... need to go to car alarm shop to test then ..

kahheng

Known Member
Mar 28, 2007
KL/ Johor
iceman, wat do u mean by transponder? do u mean the LED panel on the steering? the round black one? fyi transponder is only availble in 4wd ie triton

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
It should normally be installed under your steering column .. have to remove the cover to get to it .. but i suggest u get some1 who knows where to look for it and check if there's a problem. U can't see any physical defects on it, normally ..

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
i know.....if you want to know as well......I am willing to share......
I guess...Wonderkid knows also ???

Last edited:

kahheng

Known Member
Mar 28, 2007
KL/ Johor
can show me the location of the thing? a bit difficult to get techincal support at EON coz lancer alarm is directly from japan whereby triton is by local (COBRA alarm)

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
can show me the location of the thing? a bit difficult to get techincal support at EON coz lancer alarm is directly from japan whereby triton is by local (COBRA alarm)
can can ...but how ??? u wanna to call me ???

andychua

Known Member
Jul 6, 2006
Sabah
Where is thr alarm location in our Lancer ?? I do not know .... Now mt alarm do not have Beep when I unlock n Lock the car ... =.=" dono what happen ... It just happen this weeks ...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My GTi's coin box door can't be closed due to some problems with its' latch. Somehow, the old latch wasn't latching to it.

So finally I had some time on my hands and decided to become a MacGuyver for today and dip into my dad's tool box. I found some magnets, screws, metal washers...and viola.. the idea of a magnetic latch like on those cupboard doors came to mind.

Anyway.. below are some photos of my DIY for those who are interested. If they don't appear here, then you may go to my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience