Lancer 96 converted Evo 4-6.

Jin2244

Sep 30, 2009
Penang
I registered this user last year,but i seldom online since i have to work.
And i just want to know any of you converted your lancer 96 into Evo 4-6? and what is the major problems you face?
I had converted my lancer 96 into Evo 5. but it's running on two wheel.
Hope you guys can share your experiences with me and also everyone in this forum =)
Thank you!

flanker c

Known Member
Jul 24, 2007
I registered this user last year,but i seldom online since i have to work.
And i just want to know any of you converted your lancer 96 into Evo 4-6? and what is the major problems you face?
I had converted my lancer 96 into Evo 5. but it's running on two wheel.
Hope you guys can share your experiences with me and also everyone in this forum =)
Thank you!
i suggest u keep running on two wheel...now days who own converted lancer evo has face big problems like me...mine CK-4A chassis converted evo6 engine + 4WD system..last month i done full settlement bank loan and need endorse 'pembatalan'geran at JPJ..after endorse, JPJ officer tell me your car need re-inspection by JPJ not puspakom..if not..you roadtax can't be renew..and i ask him what for re-inspect my car? him officer said this is 'arahan pihak atasan' he want 'sita' who own lancer converted EVO if drivetrain origin 2WD to 4WD.coz that car not safe fo driving..if your car still running 2WD you still lucky...if convert to 4WD system your car got SITA..mine pening kepala now..what the way i look dismantle my 4WD system to 2WD lock that gearbox and go to inspection:bawling:

Jin2244

Sep 30, 2009
Penang
But mine already DIBATALKAN few years ago. Evo 4-6 running on two wheel always face one problem,we cannot lauch our car when it's at 0. I try to lauch twice,everytime my center diff (small gearbox) broke up,and i have to buy a second hand center diff from chop shop. Some more my front disc brake using BREMBO,rear one using the normal disc brake. the rear brembo cannot fit unless i modify. =(

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

alamak.........
which jpj u go bro...
Nice car EVO 3!

E6XLancer

Known Member
May 2, 2010
1 Malaysia
im also has convert my Lancer CB3A to fully Evo3 engine,Bodyparts & 4wd few years ago sell its to another friends then also got problems when transaction at JPJ & nearly 'SITA' my car. they thread mines are from Proton & saying thats are "WIRA POTONG".after inpections at Puspakom with no problems & sell off to my friend peacefully...:smokin:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Actually, my bro-in-law is in the midst of doing the engine transplant on his Kia Optima to Evo 4 engine. Can anyone share what is the side-effects of driving 2WD 4G63T? I'll need to warn him on the precaution. Thank you first.

flanker c

Known Member
Jul 24, 2007
Actually, my bro-in-law is in the midst of doing the engine transplant on his Kia Optima to Evo 4 engine. Can anyone share what is the side-effects of driving 2WD 4G63T? I'll need to warn him on the precaution. Thank you first.
always torque steer...but powerfull on straight line:burnout:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
thnx for the reply first...

well it literally means the car cannot negotiate corners when driven hard, that's very dangerous. what about problem mentioned by jin2244? LSD broke when sprinting?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Those dogs are like that... We pay tax to feed them... But bite us back... They are short lived people who will go to hell... Forever corrupted... I mean.... You know la...

mitsu4G

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
Johor Bahru
bro jin2244 : me also driving '96 lancer with CK2A chassis..converted to evo 5 done on july last year,also running 2wd jez like yours..had completed jpj n puspakom inspection with hassle free..my mech advice me not to convert to 4WD tranny..(i think i'm also lucky here)..

bro flanker c : ure totally right,straight line very powerful,but poor while taking high speed corners

bro stutzedward : cant help much..after a year of conversion,so far so good,only now can feel my stock clutch worn out oredi,time to change..(might go for twin plate maybe,much stronger they say)

in order to encounter high speed cornering problems,need to change to fully adjustable suspension,at LEAST..lessen cornering problems..but u will encounter problems to buy the suspension,u cannot use rear fully adjustable suspension for evo4-6 to fit in into your stock lancer rear lower arm(unless u modify the "kaki" of the adjustable)..so in order to find one w/out any mod needed,u need to find evo1-3 adjustable,jez change the top mount..then only can fit

jez a lil' info here..there are many sifus out there with loads of experience that can b shared with newbies like me..correct me if i'm wrong la ok..:biggrin:

some people were born lucky,but some,need to put some effort to succeed..
my 2 cents..:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hope this post will answer some of your questions in mind.

Where is it suppose to be connected?

I had a debate with a friend of mine who question my OCT connection which I installed recently. I had connected it in between the driver side head cover outlet (PCV?) & to the manifold. Is the installation correct? I think it is if according to this post ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience