L9 vs Myvi brakes

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
Hi sifu's i am currently driving a kelisa which has a standard master pump,standard braking system for a kelisa. However my intention is to upgrade my braking system which i need sifu's advise on this to whether to change L9 brake discs,knuckle,master pump or the standard myvi one. Budget wise around RM 300-500.

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
just change to myvi brakes bro. PnP and economically beneficial in long run.
using those on my kelisa for the pass 5 years with no problem.
slotted rotors and better grade brake pads with enhance the performance.

just sharing my experience.

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
Hey es2611, how much does it costs? What else can i use back from my existing standard kelisa brakes? How much plus installations?

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
Hey es2611, how much does it costs? What else can i use back from my existing standard kelisa brakes? How much plus installations?
i got em for cheap bro. less than rm200 for both calipers + rotors. i just changed the pads when i first used em. the others are still kelisa's std parts ie hoses + knuckles.

installation? i did it myself since i got a workshop but i think it would be quite cheap since it is pnp with nothing major/complication. so perhaps rm50 would be max.

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
Bro in that case still can use back ori master pump? Wanna ask you can fix my master pump for me? Previously the mechanic service centre said must change master pump but i think can fix back instead of getting a new one. There is a repair kit for the master pump right? Btw seriously that myvi brakes is cheap man. Bro if you can fix it at your workshop for me would be great bro.
Where is your shop bro?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
no need change master pump.. i upgrade from myvi brakes to EK4 brakes..also never change the master pump.. stops great.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
for myvi, L9 and B16 brakes..no real need to change anything...

best bang for buck would be the myvi.. initial cost is sick cheap and rotors and pads choices are abundance and will be easier in the long run...

L9 though good, i dont really recommend... limited pads choices and rotors can only get used...and that oso have to really search for it..

B16 brakes imho is the best all rounder... initial cost slightly higher than myvi and u need to custom the brackets (alot of workshops can do this) but u get even MORE choices of rotors and even MORE choices of pads... and if u crazy enough... can even pasang spoon calipers ha ha ha ha....but seriously they are going pretty cheap these days... and they should bite the best amongst all 3

my ex-kelisa i bought myvi brake replacement from Maxtech.. it costs alot coz all the parts were BRAND NEW. bites MUCH better than stock... even coming down genting fade was minimal... u can see it HERE

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
Thanks guys, really appreciate for sharing knowledge with you guys. However as a start i would like to change to myvi brakes first as a starting point since im running a stock engine and did minor modifications such as extractor,air filter, grounding wire & volt stabilizer,strut bar 2 points front and rear. Next would be to either brakes and upsize my pistons.

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
im sure ur gonna be satisfied with the myvi brakes.
have fun bro.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
bang for buck choice is myvi... have fun with that... but do take note that myvi stock rotors has an issue with warping...but like i said... replacement rotors easy to find....and cheap

should also get pro rs brake hoses... sure sedap!

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
By the way guys my master pump kelisa doesnt brake that well anymore. I last checked a new master pump costs RM 160. Is there a repair kit perhaps for this master pump? However i recently skimmed my discs for the first time and i have just observed that my discs outer layer is not equal in terms of when i checked with my bare eyes the brake pads are using its inner layers only. Could this be due to the master pump issue?

v1ctorong

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
for myvi, L9 and B16 brakes..no real need to change anything...

best bang for buck would be the myvi.. initial cost is sick cheap and rotors and pads choices are abundance and will be easier in the long run...

L9 though good, i dont really recommend... limited pads choices and rotors can only get used...and that oso have to really search for it..

B16 brakes imho is the best all rounder... initial cost slightly higher than myvi and u need to custom the brackets (alot of workshops can do this) but u get even MORE choices of rotors and even MORE choices of pads... and if u crazy enough... can even pasang spoon calipers ha ha ha ha....but seriously they are going pretty cheap these days... and they should bite the best amongst all 3

my ex-kelisa i bought myvi brake replacement from Maxtech.. it costs alot coz all the parts were BRAND NEW. bites MUCH better than stock... even coming down genting fade was minimal... u can see it HERE
We can use Myvi Rotor on L9 caliber, the size difference a little only. Am using it without problem. (Anyhow plan to change to Myvi caliber, as its uncommon to get L9 pad)

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
Hi es2611,

May i know where is your workshop? Really need to upgrade my brakes for optimum performance.

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
Hi es2611,

May i know where is your workshop? Really need to upgrade my brakes for optimum performance.
i did those in shah alam back then.
the usual workshop could get the job done becos it is a simple pnp affair.

tell me your concern ill try to answer u bro.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bought 3" super heavy duty industrial PU hose from Huakenny (Bought some times ago, but no time to do the CAI, until today). It's so durable and tough, and it cannot bend more than 80degree, so I have to come out with a DIY, thus this morning, did all the process below.

And the result was Superb Engine Response !

The Finished Product

Stuffs - 3" PVC Elbow, 3" PVC Pipe, Drill...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience