L2S Problem headache.. please help for URGENT Fixes..

my_a91342

Known Member
Nov 17, 2006
Hi and Gooday to all sifu,
i recently fixed my L2S kancil.
The Fixes are :
1. Change Gearbox oilseal (due to leaking)
2. change Timing Belt
all this fixes have to take out the engine and gearbox.

After this fixes, my car having problem like :

*During warming up process - not yet start driving the car
1. engine idle on high RPM at 2 - 2.5K in the morning (during warm up engine)
2. engine like choking or sesak nafas. RPM keep up down up down.. still 2 - 2.5K (after engine is warmed up around 10 minutes).
3. engine idle on high RPM at 1.5 - 2K, when aircond is on but no choking or sesak nafas (after engine is warmed up around 10 minutes - but no driving done).

*After/During driving the car
1. engine like choking or sesat nafas. RPM keep up down up down.. still 1.5 - 1.7K
2. engine idle on RPM at 1, when aircond is on
3. Lost pickup power (can feel the diferences)
4. Car seem heavy, like Cant Go (takleh pegi/blah)..
5. Full tank of fuel only get me about 200km!!! (i drive normally with occasional small boost.. my rpm never over 5k)

Can anybody help me identify the problem pls? so headache.. feel like want to sell the car..
do let me know if you want more info.. thanks and really appreciate it:bawling:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
seems like vacuum and timing related sir, did u do all these by urself?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
are you sure the timingbelt with cam pulley and crank pulley marking was followed correctly????

my_a91342

Known Member
Nov 17, 2006
seems like vacuum and timing related sir, did u do all these by urself?
No sir, i sent it to the workshop..
1. timing have been checked, its not the problem as the timing is already adjust the lowest (but still give high RPM)
2. Vacuum - how to know this is the cause for this problem?

are you sure the timingbelt with cam pulley and crank pulley marking was followed correctly???? ?

Yes sir, as said by the mechanic.. is there a way for me to check?

*sorry for stupid question as im new to this stuff.. :)
really appreciate your answer.. thank you very much :burnout:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
dont worry, those arent stupid questions..

iam leaning towards the vacuum not properly refit in sir, since u confirmed the cam timing is good. u need to send it checked by a good mechanic sir

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
pls check all rubber hoses connected....

gb oil seal are those 2 on driveshaft hole or the one on the flywheel???

if on the flywheel surely the mechanic remove the engine.....that might explain if some vaccum hoses leak/crack/disconnected/loose and leaks..

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
you can send it back to the mechanic, let him/her check back the vacuum hoses to see if cracked/leaked hose due to the engine being take down and hoisted back in again...

....or sometimes there are hoses that the mechanic forgot to put back, a mistake even a good honest mechanic can make

...if the mechanic is making a fuss of it all, you switch mechanic :hmmmm:... it work for me though :love:

my_a91342

Known Member
Nov 17, 2006
dont worry, those arent stupid questions..

iam leaning towards the vacuum not properly refit in sir, since u confirmed the cam timing is good. u need to send it checked by a good mechanic sir
actually sir, the mechanic have done that.. but maybe i can send to another mechanic for second opinion, any recommended good mechanic sir? as im staying in Kajang area :) please advice sir

pls check all rubber hoses connected....
gb oil seal are those 2 on driveshaft hole or the one on the flywheel???
if on the flywheel surely the mechanic remove the engine.....that might explain if some vaccum hoses leak/crack/disconnected/loose and leaks..
- the mechanic have check all the rubber hose..
- the GB oil seal as what been told by the mechanic is between the engine and gearbox.. does that mean the on the flywheel? i think the mechanic remove the engine, as when i went to the workshop.. i saw the engine is on the floor.. please advice sir

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

you can send it back to the mechanic, let him/her check back the vacuum hoses to see if cracked/leaked hose due to the engine being take down and hoisted back in again...
....or sometimes there are hoses that the mechanic forgot to put back, a mistake even a good honest mechanic can make
...if the mechanic is making a fuss of it all, you switch mechanic :hmmmm:... it work for me though :love:
Sir, I think i will switch the mechanic, it look like the mechanic does not really know what is the cause of the problem.. need more experience mechanic.. could you pin-point me to any good mechanic? im staying in Kajang.. really appreciate it sir :)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
- the mechanic have check all the rubber hose..
- the GB oil seal as what been told by the mechanic is between the engine and gearbox.. does that mean the on the flywheel? i think the mechanic remove the engine, as when i went to the workshop.. i saw the engine is on the floor.. please advice sir
)

yep thats the flywheel oilseal....

have u try service the throttle body???
(its common problem for proton/mitsu engine....but not sure on L2 engine)

my_a91342

Known Member
Nov 17, 2006
yep thats the flywheel oilseal....
have u try service the throttle body???
(its common problem for proton/mitsu engine....but not sure on L2 engine)
No sir, i have not service my throttle body.. do you know the best place for me to service my throttle body? is it expensive? please advice sir, as im not familiar with this..

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Hi Sir,
so basically i understand that, there is 2 thing i need to check it first..

1. Vacuum hose - for no cracked or leaked
2. Service my throttle body

is there anything else i should take consideration or aware of?

please do advice me sir..

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
so basically i understand that, there is 2 thing i need to check it first..

1. Vacuum hose - for no cracked or leaked
2. Service my throttle body
check if the vacuum hoses are proper, or if they arent secured. i doubt a small leak in vacuum hose wud render the rpm fluctuation sir.

throttle problem arent common in daihatsu, check the simplest/cheapest first before doing anything complicated/expensive

my_a91342

Known Member
Nov 17, 2006
check if the vacuum hoses are proper, or if they arent secured. i doubt a small leak in vacuum hose wud render the rpm fluctuation sir.

throttle problem arent common in daihatsu, check the simplest/cheapest first before doing anything complicated/expensive
Noted with thanks sir.. will do first.. :) thanks for the tips all.. you all deserve a big thanks :love:

v1ctorong

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
Hi,

If possible pay a visit to autocraft, PJ.

Just behide Campbell Soup factory PJ.

GPS location = 3.09079,101.638682

You can see few Perodua Official Rally car there
*I always service my car beside Autocraft, which is Perodua Service Center own by autocraft.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Sir, I think i will switch the mechanic, it look like the mechanic does not really know what is the cause of the problem.. need more experience mechanic.. could you pin-point me to any good mechanic? im staying in Kajang.. really appreciate it sir :)
sorry for the late reply, been busy...

there are 2 workshop that I'm confident in sending my L5-engined kancil... one in Ampang and the other in Shah Alam Glenmarie...

The Ampang one is situated opposite Sek Men Dato' Ahmad Razali.... look for a shop with a nice black VW van... they call the owner Abg Din Weber

The Glenmarie one, is beside old Powerzone workshop...

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
swift-turbo-malaysia.blogspot.sg
On turbo car,high fuel consumption and erratic idling
if vacuum part already sorted out/checked sound like firing.

1.Check your map sensor.
2.Try swap ECU with others.
3.Check fuel pressure but don't install fpr if mechanic suggest too(not really necessary for small boost)

Hi and Gooday to all sifu,
i recently fixed my L2S kancil.
The Fixes are :
1. Change Gearbox oilseal (due to leaking)
2. change Timing Belt
all this fixes have to take out the engine and gearbox.

After this fixes, my car having problem like :

*During warming up process - not yet start driving the car
1. engine idle on high RPM at 2 - 2.5K in the morning (during warm up engine)
2. engine like choking or sesak nafas. RPM keep up down up down.. still 2 - 2.5K (after engine is warmed up around 10 minutes).
3. engine idle on high RPM at 1.5 - 2K, when aircond is on but no choking or sesak nafas (after engine is warmed up around 10 minutes - but no driving done).

*After/During driving the car
1. engine like choking or sesat nafas. RPM keep up down up down.. still 1.5 - 1.7K
2. engine idle on RPM at 1, when aircond is on
3. Lost pickup power (can feel the diferences)
4. Car seem heavy, like Cant Go (takleh pegi/blah)..
5. Full tank of fuel only get me about 200km!!! (i drive normally with occasional small boost.. my rpm never over 5k)

Can anybody help me identify the problem pls? so headache.. feel like want to sell the car..
do let me know if you want more info.. thanks and really appreciate it:bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,

what is the effect of putting the catalytic converter all the way near the rear muffler? is it a huge power loss? will the catalytic converter still work?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience