L2 - Upgrade turbo

foofis

Known Member
May 23, 2010
Johor
Hi zth k-car ppl :)

Im driving a stock L2 now, just wan to ask u guys' opinion, I wanna upgrade my turbine to bigger one but I have a few questions regarding each diff turbine:

1. IHI turbine - If boost 1 bar, what is the full boost rpm ? what mod need do to fit my current L2 head ?

2. Garret AR34 - If boost 1 bar, what is the full boost rpm ? what mod need do to fit my current L2 head ?

3. TD04 - If boost 1 bar, what is the full boost rpm ? what mod need do to fit my current L2 head ?

Enlightenment needed, thanks :adore:

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
I've tried all 3 provided the Garrett turbo is a/r 48 ... here's my opinion based on experienced ....

1. IHI turbo RHF4 - it depends on the rear housing ... RHF4 has alot of rear housing sizes ... :) gud luck on your search ... i wouldn't choose this one ... it not as hardcore as TD04-09 ... but its bettter then TD04-09 ... problem is it tends to get jammed if small particles gets into the turbo's ballbearing ... must always service cars on time and make sure to do a engine flush if u decide to use this one ... :)

2. Garrett a/r 48 - i love the brand but i hate that the fact its so fragile ... hard to find one in good cond. at halfcut ... don't waste time nd money using this turbo :) ... if u do make sure to look for AR48/35 ... 35 is the smallest there is i think .. make sure u get this 1 ...

3. All mighty TD-04 - u can choose a wide range of TD04's ... TD04-09 come from a Pajero diesel ... hardcore and can smile at 2bar of boost ... get the rear housing at mate it with a TD04L/TD04HL ... then it will put a smile on ur face ... :) MY PERSONNEL FAVORITE !!!

Put aside turbo lag and what full boost RPM as u mentioned if u want power .. there will be minimal lag ... at 1 bar of boost with all 3 turbo is still safe .. no need to worry about a/f cause it will still be on the safe side ... put putting a FReg. would be good ... make sure u stay at 1bar only if u dont plan to change ur fueling system ...

to fix the turbo u will need to weld a different flange at the manifold to fit the new turbo ... new downpipe ... water and oil lines to the turbo ... radiator hose from turbo to intercooler ... last time i DIY .. cost around 100-150 only ... i've changed more than 10 types of turbo on my kancil just for the sake of RND ... DIY is the way for me ... :)

foofis

Known Member
May 23, 2010
Johor
:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

Thanks mate.....I experience in mod na but not turbo, u reli helps alot :) But I will prolly boost 1.2bar n focus full boost 4000rpm, coz the car me n wife sharing to drive and it's 4speed automatic. I planned for 2E pistons as well, any advise ? thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, i am totally new in car maintaining as i am going to get my first own car soon.
Is Tufoil suitable to use for a brand new car? Will it void warranty?

I understand that every 5000 km we need to change car oil which we called black oil in cantonese. So is Tufoil a kind of black oil or it's a supplement oil which means we still need to use black oil + Tufoil?

Where do we fill Tufoil into? How? When?

Sry if the questions r too newbie :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience