Koenigsess CCXR comes face to face with blown Corvette Z06 for a mile drag w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

It’s a case of American muscle on steroids meeting a savaging Swede that packs over a ton of horses from the factory floor at the mile-long drag races, with surprising results, to say the least.

In one corner, we have a supercharged Corvette pumping out an incredible 700hp to the rear wheels but even more interestingly, the contender comes with 1,024hp straight from the production line. It couldn’t be anything else other than the mental Koenigsegg CCXR.

Both of these mad machines line up against each other for a mile-long drag race. The ‘Vette is snaking all over the place as it struggles to effectively put down the power to the ground whereas the CCXR is all composed and steady as it rockets to the finish line.

Nonetheless, it is a case of slow and steady winning the race? Watch the video to find out.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2gC7TTOmF4s" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>

Source: YouTube

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Re: Koenigsess CCXR comes face to face with blown Corvette Z06 for a mile drag w/vide

Being "300hp handicapped", the Vette proved that it's not all about the BHP. Kudos to him...

Anyway, I still doubt that CCXR would be smoked by Vette in 1 mile dash... Driver's lack of competency perhaps :smokin:

mozeyn

Apr 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Re: Koenigsess CCXR comes face to face with blown Corvette Z06 for a mile drag w/vide

koenisegg is a manual transmission car...its all about the ability of the driver..how the driver handle it.

balmung69

Known Member
Jun 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

same goes with the corvette. the reason koni lost i think could be due to the weight. it is definitely heavier then the vette

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan

err..not familiar w both cars....so,d Corvette is superchagred while d Koenigsegg is NA?so,i guess TORQUE wins d race?

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ

akuma can beat those 2 noobs.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan

AIKS?twin turbocharged V8 oso loose?n in drag terms,dat is quite a huge margin oso,no?

arrowhead,
of coz i can beat both of them lar.....coz i siang2 oredy standing @ d finishing line..hahahahaha

balmung69

Known Member
Jun 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

well turbo's generally have their lag. and superchargers don't. so there s another difference. all it comes down to is CC . one is a 4.xx litre but the vette is a 6.3 litre man. just the cc itself win alrdy. aya many factors la. vette is just lighter bigger cc and no lag compare to the keoni. maybe the tire width on the corvette is bigger? get tht huge power on the ground.

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang

american muscle rules!! :party:

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya

stig is driving the corvette.
koenigsegg driver got no chance ler..

langsuyrx

Known Member
Jan 9, 2009
Kay L
facebook.com

Wondering what (if) Top Gear UK comments on this race ... :hmmmm:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

The Koenigsegg can put 1000HP IF using biofuel. If using regular fuel then it's rated at 800HP on the engine. Maybe also the Vette is actually rated at 700HP @ wheel, meaning probably closer to 900-1000HP on engine? The Koenig driver also lost a bit of reaction time during the start.
Don't get me wrong though, I don't know anything but just trying to think of an explanation why a car perceived to have >1000HP can loose that much to another car rated to have 'only' 700HP.

balmung69

Known Member
Jun 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

true. but both is high powered car. in terms of performance i would think the vette is faster in acceleration. the koeni is more bout top speed i guess.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

which type of tyre shine do u use?? spray on or the chalky white ones? where to get those white ones from? :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience