Kia Optima Evo4

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
yaloh my car now not in gud condition .. nice car evo4 engine in optima~ nice woh ur engine so clean..ehhh guys .. if i want wash engine at car wash safe meh? i always worried when want to car wash , wash engine. any place recommend for wash engine in klang or shah alam or subang?

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
p3jal,

Normal car wash (Tepi Jalan) they just blow the water on to your engine.
That's not the appropriate way, it might harm your wiring & such.

I used sponge & some engine cleaner (at hardware/ACE shop) & clean it.
If you not time for it just sent over to "Car International" (S.Alam, Subang, KLCC).
They didn't use the jet spray to wash your engine.... all by sponge bob...

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
better wash yourself if you have time , just that dun turn on ur pipe till the max and try to use min level water to rinse on ur engine, engine cleaner is a good idea but just dun applie to moving parts like power steering pully, crank pully, Air-cond as well as the belt.....just use soft cotton cloth and try to source PH7 cleaner if possible.....

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
just wipe down your engine every week, not recomended to wash your engine....
will screw up your electronics, happened to me.....after that was the end of engine washing.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
just wipe down your engine every week, not recomended to wash your engine....
will screw up your electronics, happened to me.....after that was the end of engine washing.
yeah i also see this happening at car wash then i aso wondering whether safe anot :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:
mainly coz of all those wiring and electronics
i guess just using wet cloth is the safest then

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Well done! Bro!

For curiosity, is the body kit custom made? cost how much?

Roughly how much cost involved for doing this engine conversion? If budget allow, i may consider it.:cheers:
Bro, so sorry for late reply as I was traveling so much for business trips. Really bz at work. To answer yr question:

The bodykit is entirely custom made. The base was it's original Novus kit with mixture of TRD Vios kit.

Engine conversio. Till date spending is above rm18k so far. Thts excluding cosmetic like bucket seats n stuffs.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Bro..

SEnd for Dyno laa.. Eager to know the HP... If 280hp.. Can tapao Evo standard already..:burnout::nurse::driver:

Regards
I don't think it has 280hp as wht e4 specs said. When driven, more like ard 220-230hp to me but nonetheless, it's pretty quick. No dyno to date. He's still working on it. I've not saw he car for almost 2 mths now.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Q: how bout the engine mounting? same?

...nice & clean (sleeper) ride there...
Engine mountg was the biggest challenge but installer done a great job cos engine vibration level is like original. It was frabicated fr original Evo mounting.

motherker

Known Member
Apr 30, 2006
Bro, so sorry for late reply as I was traveling so much for business trips. Really bz at work. To answer yr question:

The bodykit is entirely custom made. The base was it's original Novus kit with mixture of TRD Vios kit.

Engine conversio. Till date spending is above rm18k so far. Thts excluding cosmetic like bucket seats n stuffs.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

I don't think it has 280hp as wht e4 specs said. When driven, more like ard 220-230hp to me but nonetheless, it's pretty quick. No dyno to date. He's still working on it. I've not saw he car for almost 2 mths now.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Engine mountg was the biggest challenge but installer done a great job cos engine vibration level is like original. It was frabicated fr original Evo mounting.

boss, if kacau mounting, how to endorse wit jpj?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I don't know how he got it thru JPJ. In fact, it's the installer who 'includes everything' in the package. If in accordance to the official rule, we can't have engine transplant from another make right? Which means KIA can only use KIA engines and not other brands.

But in Bolehland, I've seen FIAT using B16 and so is the old Orion Saga. :D

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
very nice, personally though i would have sourced a quieter exhaust.. nevertheless 2 thumbs up:)

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
nope, share info here, for malaysia brand car, especially proton, engine capicity max only can go for 1800cc now except perdana and the new inspira, perodua i dunno, japan car can go up to 3000cc, about the brand, legally proton should put mitsu engine, perodua daihatsu or toyota engine, but u can also put in other engine such as proton wira go for honda, it just that when u selling ur car, u cant change the geran name, u nid change back to mitsu or proton engine to change name... my experience, actually, we need to understand our ride bro, here is the facts, KIA is a sub company from hyundai and hyundai get technology to produce cars long time ago from mitsubishi(same like proton but even earlier than proton), therefore, ur kia optima is just like perdana transplant evo 3 engine, it is legal as long as ur mech do the mounting job nicely..... congrates bro..... finally see another evo 4 fans like me around...:burnout:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
nope, share info here, for malaysia brand car, especially proton, engine capicity max only can go for 1800cc now except perdana and the new inspira, perodua i dunno, japan car can go up to 3000cc, about the brand, legally proton should put mitsu engine, perodua daihatsu or toyota engine, but u can also put in other engine such as proton wira go for honda, it just that when u selling ur car, u cant change the geran name, u nid change back to mitsu or proton engine to change name... my experience, actually, we need to understand our ride bro, here is the facts, KIA is a sub company from hyundai and hyundai get technology to produce cars long time ago from mitsubishi(same like proton but even earlier than proton), therefore, ur kia optima is just like perdana transplant evo 3 engine, it is legal as long as ur mech do the mounting job nicely..... congrates bro..... finally see another evo 4 fans like me around...:burnout:

Ahh. Tnx for the explanation bro. I know abt Kia's history but not abt legally using mitsu's motor.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
thanks bro, the car doesn't belongs to me .. I am just helping my BIL to sell and yes, the price is a bit steep.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to all the sifus out there...

I am driving a Proton 1.6 XLi (Auto) and i feel tht the car's pick up is very lame... and i wan to increase the power of the car... but i don't wan to change the engine...

any suggestion on this matter???

and what brand of cables and spark plugs good??? tell me the price of it also...

one more thing...
why when i chnge the air intake to the mushroom head... the 'CHECK ENGINE' indiacator on my meter panel won't go off?? then when i change it back to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience