Kia Optima Evo4

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Some bros here know that my bro-in-law was working on a project. Converting his VIP style Optima to have a faster and more 'drivability' motor, 4G63T from Evo4. The project is completed but he faced a lot of challenges. I believed this could be the only 1 in Malaysia, Kia Optima Evo4.

He broke his drive shaft once and a week later, cracked his LSD. Anyway, it is done now. He told me he still has a lot to do but they are coming soon. Bucket seats, silicon pipes... bla bla bla... anyway, do enjoy the pictures!

The car!

Frontal

Rear

Inside

The HEART!!!!!

Exhaust

More to come soon.....

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
How come the drive shaft broken?cut and weld? AWD? nice ride there...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
How come the drive shaft broken?cut and weld? AWD? nice ride there...
I think he was overly excited when he got the car. After a few agressive sprints, it broke. Anyway, a new custom made drive shaft (entire set) was made and installed, it's all good now. The LSD broke because the mech did not weld properly to kill the AWD.

I've driven the car. It's very well balanced. A great job installing the engine because it is very smooth and quiet in the cabin, much like the original engine except for the exhaust note. Fast? Well, it's not brutally fast but fast enough for daily use. With 280hp in stock, it's fun to drive around town. Exhaust piping is 3" from front till the muffler.

A lot more to come, until his stuffs are all in, will post up more piccie :)

mitsu4G

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
Johor Bahru
waa..finally..well done...Malaysia boleh tuu~..hehehe..exterior n interior wise looks decent je..but when pop up d front bonet,walahh..there u go..:burnout: so bro stutzedward,when wil come out in Extreme/Hypertune mag ni??:biggrin:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
hehe.... thanks for the comments bro.

I contacted Murali from Hypertune and he's interested in the car. Anyway, my BIL ordered buckets seats and a lot more accessories, yet to install em. He wants to fully do up before the photoshoot. heehee....

yeohhc

May 13, 2006
Well done! Bro!

For curiosity, is the body kit custom made? cost how much?

Roughly how much cost involved for doing this engine conversion? If budget allow, i may consider it.:cheers:

Azu MET008

Known Member
May 28, 2009
Bro..

SEnd for Dyno laa.. Eager to know the HP... If 280hp.. Can tapao Evo standard already..:burnout::nurse::driver:

Regards

neogsr

Known Member
Mar 3, 2008
putrajaya
great ideas to conv this car using turbo engine,, hav some of my frens conv this car also with gsr ck model engine..:driver:

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Q: how bout the engine mounting? same?

...nice & clean (sleeper) ride there...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to all pajero kakis out ther or even not..plan to convert a pajero standard
to turbo..now pickup quite teruk..i tink my grandma on bicycle got better
pickup la..
Some1 suggested just drop in a ori pajero turbokit..but is ther any
mod hv to be done to ecu or fuel supply?
so wat are my options n da costing like?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience