Kereta Merajuk!

ajidsky

Known Member
Mar 14, 2008
Wangsa Maju,KL
i thinking car have soul and feeling .. two year ago, i just say to my friend i want sell my car.. after 2 day i accident.. wahh sakit kepala... now, i talk my car 'you are so good car' when i want use my car ... now my car don't have big problem..hahahhaa... syokk

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
i'll try to answer ur question based on the assumption that ur car is currently running OK, with the exception of the wideband reading stuck at 18.0. but before that, i need to know the following:

1. OK u have the dynojet wideband AFR sensor. is it linked to the ECU (does the ecu take the oxygen reading from ur dynojet?) or is the output ONLY linked to the display unit?
2. are u using 2 oxygen sensors? (OEM narrowband and dynojet wideband?)
3. if i'm not mistaken, stock o2 sensor is 0-1V (apexi timer gets from this reading) and wideband is 0-5V. so my guess is that if ur apexi is showing a reading, most likely the reading is taken from the stock o2 sensor.
4. memang wideband sensors have a lifespan. the life ends quicker if the car is daily driven...
5. if ur ecu gets its o2 reading from the OEM narrowband sensor, then u dont have to worry. just replace the wideband o2 sensor. if i'm not mistaken dynojet uses the widely available bosch LSU4. replacement sensor costs around rm350-500 and available locally.

just bring back the car to N1 to have it checked. if the wideband sensor confirmed kaput, the sensor is available here http://www.mudah.my/Bosch+Wideband+sensor-6865900.htm. dont forget to have the sensor calibrated. properly calibrated sensor will have a significantly longer lifespan.

p/s try to also check the sockets connecting to the sensor. usually if there are some sockets loose/tercabut, the wideband reading will also go to max lean (18.0 in dynojet's case)

Last edited:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i'll try to answer ur question based on the assumption that ur car is currently running OK, with the exception of the wideband reading stuck at 18.0. but before that, i need to know the following:

1. OK u have the dynojet wideband AFR sensor. is it linked to the ECU (does the ecu take the oxygen reading from ur dynojet?) or is the output ONLY linked to the display unit?
2. are u using 2 oxygen sensors? (OEM narrowband and dynojet wideband?)
3. if i'm not mistaken, stock o2 sensor is 0-1V (apexi timer gets from this reading) and wideband is 0-5V. so my guess is that if ur apexi is showing a reading, most likely the reading is taken from the stock o2 sensor.
4. memang wideband sensors have a lifespan. the life ends quicker if the car is daily driven...
5. if ur ecu gets its o2 reading from the OEM narrowband sensor, then u dont have to worry. just replace the wideband o2 sensor. if i'm not mistaken dynojet uses the widely available bosch LSU4. replacement sensor costs around rm350-500 and available locally.

just bring back the car to N1 to have it checked. if the wideband sensor confirmed kaput, the sensor is available here http://www.mudah.my/Bosch+Wideband+sensor-6865900.htm. dont forget to have the sensor calibrated. properly calibrated sensor will have a significantly longer lifespan.

p/s try to also check the sockets connecting to the sensor. usually if there are some sockets loose/tercabut, the wideband reading will also go to max lean (18.0 in dynojet's case)
Finally! Someone took me seriously enough! Actually, I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is but nothing wrong if there are other theories; the more knowledge the better. Anyways, now the gauge sits at 14+ as per usual; I don't know why it was stuck at 18 the other day but that was for a very short drive immediately after reattaching the intercooler piping. Haven't driven it since but I've started engine twice for brief periods and the idle is about 14-15+ which is a bit higher than usual but nothing serious at idle.

But to answer your question, the ECU cannot read the signal direct from the wideband; I mean wiring alone is already different so everything must go through the Dynojet.

The Apexi reading well, I think firstly the range of AFR it is able to display is limited and should be the same reading from the ECU which is the same as what the Dynojet produces.

Anyways, I've checked the 02 sensor readings at idle and one reads around 0.4v which is correct for stoichmetric while the other had a reading of 0.2v so there we go. I have yet to bring the car down to N1 though because I don't have the time unless this thing I'm working on suddenly has its deadline increased from 18 months to 24 months but that's life I guess. :burnout:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
[PIMPIN];4495212 said:
Finally! Someone took me seriously enough! Actually, I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is but nothing wrong if there are other theories; the more knowledge the better. Anyways, now the gauge sits at 14+ as per usual; I don't know why it was stuck at 18 the other day but that was for a very short drive immediately after reattaching the intercooler piping. Haven't driven it since but I've started engine twice for brief periods and the idle is about 14-15+ which is a bit higher than usual but nothing serious at idle.

But to answer your question, the ECU cannot read the signal direct from the wideband; I mean wiring alone is already different so everything must go through the Dynojet.

The Apexi reading well, I think firstly the range of AFR it is able to display is limited and should be the same reading from the ECU which is the same as what the Dynojet produces.

Anyways, I've checked the 02 sensor readings at idle and one reads around 0.4v which is correct for stoichmetric while the other had a reading of 0.2v so there we go. I have yet to bring the car down to N1 though because I don't have the time unless this thing I'm working on suddenly has its deadline increased from 18 months to 24 months but that's life I guess. :burnout:
so i guess there is nothing wrong then... hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys, any1 here have the experience in upgrading their wira suspension?
i mean from 1.3 to 1.6 suspension... as i know, the 1.6 absober n spring is bigger in diameter. so is the top mount different? i mean the black cover to coordinat the spring n to screw at the top. i ask a few forman n some suspension sellers, some said need to change. but some of them nvr mention abt that thing at all, say just buy the 1.6 spring n absober will do.
any1 could help me?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience