Kegani Case Closed

chuckie

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Me vs kegani autotech, the case has been resolved by the tribunal.

Kegani is to return RM400 to me.

Of course I tried to control my laughter during the whole hearing but thats a totally different matter altogether.

Lastly the old thread has been deleted by Tom by my request because it couldnt be reopen due to the postings going off topic.

is to return RM400....

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
What's the story? What unfolded? I mean other the win.

MTX-8

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
aik..whch is true...said been paid to you..now said waiting for cheque..aiyo...:rofl:

futeball

Known Member
Jun 2, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.4aeoc.org
aik..whch is true...said been paid to you..now said waiting for cheque..aiyo...:rofl:
the 1st posting stated that "Kegani is to return RM400 to me".

So, it's not paid yet. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Stephen_Pipewerks

Nov 19, 2012
Klang
Hi linkeong , is it complicated in the process of this tribunal thing ? I'm facing problems with Kegani Autotech now.

Here's the story ,

I sent my car which is on 2zzge engine to kegani to install stage 2 camshaft , valve spring and thermostat and i was charged RM1300 for labor fee. Before my car went it , everything was working fine. By the day my car was done ,i went and collected and when i started my car everthing seemed fine till i was on my way back to work only did i found out that my engine couldnt LIFT as it should at 6.2k rpm. I then called and went back to workshop for a checkup. His worker then did some minor checking and sensors were all seem to be working fine and they said maybe it was due to my emanage wiring problem as some wiring were abit loose. I ask his worker whether could it be some engine internal installation mistake or setting mistake and they said no. Then i head out to repair the emanage wiring and the problem still the same meaning it has nothing to do with management. I then went home after doing wiring and now even engine check light is up sometimes during drive with code ( VVT System Malfunction ). I called up Kegani and he asked me to send back car for them to check. i then sent back my car to them and few days later they called me up saying everything seems fine even without knowing the problem so i went to collect my car again. When i reached there, he brought me for a round to show my car is alright but problem was stilll there. Ofcourse i was already feeling unhappy that i paid so much for labor yet outcome with problems and you did not solve. I told him that problem mostly with be from internally but he keep insist that maybe is cause of oil pressure problem and asked me to buy a oil press gauge to monitor and go back to him.

1: i do not have that time to travel up and down so many times as i have to work and each time i leave my car to you i have to trouble someone to fetch me back klang.

2: You said maybe emanage problem so i went and settled it for rm160 and problem not solved. Now you ask me go buy oil press gauge. if its not the problem im going to waste another few hundred bucks for no reason. And i did reseach alot on the net and strongly believe the problem rises internally .

Due to frustration and them not checking properly , i sent my car to another workshop which i trust. Once the valve cover was opened up , the first error was already sort out , the exhaust cam gear wasnt set right , it was misaligned by 2 teeth and the mech straight took photo of it and send to me while i was working at my place informing me the problem. My mech then continue to open up the head to check the condition of the valves and piston surface and luckily no damage.

Kegani even agreed to work out a refund if it was their installation mistake. I told him this problem and he asked me to show photo to proof and luckily my mech had taken picture of it and i showed kegani. I then asked him for a refund of RM700 rather than fully refund back RM1300 to cover the labor fee being charged when car is done. Even if he refund me rm700 , i myself still have to fork out another few hundred to clear the labor fee.. Then now he is asking me to bring my car over to him when it is done for him to rectify if the problem is solved.

Now i'm just waiting my car to be out of workshop and go meet him up and see how things will end up.

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
I will just say, what he agree now, will change when you meet him, he will lower the refund again.

If you want to go to Tribunal, just go to The Mall, its the same building with SSM. Just go to the counter, pay i think rm3, collect the form, submit, then post a copy to Kegani using registered mail, then just wait for the hearing date.

Total time spent just 2 days, 1 day for taking the form, another day for hearing. If you really need my help you can call me - reply here and I will pm you my phone number

Stephen_Pipewerks

Nov 19, 2012
Klang
Hi so you are linkeong ? Problem already found out is their installation problem and i told them and now they say want proof. Saying i may be lying to them.. wth man ..

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Thanks for sharing guys.... hopefully more people share all this blood sucking black hole shit mechanics so other people won't fall prey.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Thanks for sharing guys, I still remember the case of Kegani previously before. Now it happen again. Hope everything goes well
with you bro. Lucky problem solved and not much money wasted further...

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
Actually there were more people who had problems with this workshop, and there were a few who brought it to the Tribunal, however even when they won, he didnt pay and the case went back to the tribunal and it dragged on. Mine was probably paid to shut me up after making so much noise all over the internet

beyond

Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
KayEL
God.. and I just purchased an Engine that was supposedly done by his workshop. I m waiting for more surprises during overhaul session.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The debut of Scholl Concepts and a EPIC detailing duo with http://www.wetshine.net

The Legendary #98 out of #99 Fiat 500 Abarth

The all new Audi A6 Hybrid

A neglected and abused daily ride restored

A maintained by driver fully swirled up Porsche...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience