KE70 / AE70 Spec, setting, drift experience

smooth

Sep 28, 2005
Hi guys, juz notice a website www.ke70.com, i think tat website havent complete yet.. n i notice some cars in the movie section is frm k.l~~~ Hope the ppl in the movie can come to tis section n hav a sharing over here bout their drifting...

beside tat, hope anybody who own a ke70 or ae70 can share ur car's information over here..... for example like the engine setting, suspension setting, pro and cons drifting wit ke70 or ae 70.... n a lots of it...~~~

no matter u r frm east malaysia or west malaysia, here are most welcome to u to make a sharing over here.. so tat can push ke70 or ae70 to bcome a good drift car~~~~

let's started tis topic over here~~ cheers~~~

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
erm... i'm no KE70 or AE70 owner la...
if u want it drift spec, install LSD, 4age engine, stiffen suspension, upgrade brakes.... these are the few basic things u need to make ur car driftable...

smooth

Sep 28, 2005
hi skywalker,
glad to hav a reply frm u~~ yep.. u r right.. of coz all the things shud be done b4 drift in a best condition... then do u hav any frens using those kind of car as well??
coz hope tat can share it more detail bout wat type lsd is their owner using(trd, or wat..), 4age engine..(t-vis or non t-vis??), suspension.... , brakes... n many more...

i juz saw frm one video.. its those d1 guy and the mechanic(i guess so) be a starring one... one of the guy showing the ae86 changing the suspension... he use back his old suspension n mod with the coil over kit on it... i saw wat he done its great.... does anyone also using the same method mod on ur suspension???

klgauto

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 27, 2004
Klang Sentral
www.klgauto.zoomshare.com
no to push ke / ae /te anymore , now days the prices of the car and ae86 halfcut & parts prices is so high already :c

smooth

Sep 28, 2005
klgauto said:
no to push ke / ae /te anymore , now days the prices of the car and ae86 halfcut & parts prices is so high already :c
Hi bro,
sorry tat hope u not misunderstood me.. me juz wanna hope the expertise can share some of their experience on those type of car....
cheers~~

smooth

Sep 28, 2005
klgauto,
thanx for ur links showing at ur website~ all the links shows at ur website i had visited b4~~ n many related website i visited as well~~ lastly hope can get feedback frm the owner here ~~

p/s: r u open a halfcut shop??

klgauto

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 27, 2004
Klang Sentral
www.klgauto.zoomshare.com
for a 20+ year old car , it still strong and after so many year . When i 1st buy a ke70DX and test drive it i was so shock because the noise level inside the car was so low , and when i drive over a bump or uneven road the suspension work so well and no vibration on the dashboard like our proton :c

but the rear seat was not so comfort for a tall person , the head lamp not enough bright at night , the stock suspension a bit soft , no power steering , power mirror .

what you want from a 20year old car ? am i asking too much ?

after i sold my ke & buy my Te , found that the roof was so low ! when i seat on the front seat my head hit the roof :o alamak buy a wrong car already i told myself that times !

but slowly i change the seat to sparco full racing & mount it as low as posiable , than now i can even seat on it with my helmet on .

after start drifting & tracking with it over 6 months , it start making a lots of noise anywhere .....after spot weld & changing the boss it reduce a bit .....what should i do to kill the noise .......can anyone help me

Daihatsu Mira

Known Member
Jan 23, 2005
Sabah
Visit site
Ke70---stock engine 4k
AE70---stock engine 3AU
and dashboard color different...
ke70---brown
Ae70---some black...

haha...last time i got 1 Ke70 with supercharger engine(from AE92 transfer to rear wheel)
suspension using AE86 front and rear TRD spring and absorber...AE86 axle...
this suspension is good for drift...

and 1 thing KE70 is very good is ,it can using all the AE86 suspension at all...
including power steering,absorber,axle...till the seat also can use it..noneed to modified...
it u think u wanna use your ke70 to be a drift machine what i can said it suitable lah....almost all are same just the aerodynamic is different ,hehe...
but it can safe ur money...coz AE86 now cost quite expensive compare to KE70...a few thousand can get 1.....
cheers...

Last edited:

smooth

Sep 28, 2005
Daihatsu Mira said:
Ke70---stock engine 4k
AE70---stock engine 3AU
and dashboard color different...
ke70---brown
Ae70---some black...

haha...last time i got 1 Ke70 with supercharger engine(from AE92 transfer to rear wheel)
suspension using AE86 front and rear TRD spring and absorber...AE86 axle...
this suspension is good for drift...

and 1 thing KE70 is very good is ,it can using all the AE86 suspension at all...
including power steering,absorber,axle...till the seat also can use it..noneed to modified...
it u think u wanna use your ke70 to be a drift machine what i can said it suitable lah....almost all are same just the aerodynamic is different ,hehe...
but it can safe ur money...coz AE86 now cost quite expensive compare to KE70...a few thousand can get 1.....
cheers...
yes bro~~ i agree wat u say~~ it's almost same platform~ n tis the reason i choose ae70 to bcome a drift car~~ but i think juz only the weight distribution not same~~ bro~~ do u stil own tat car rite now?? now i'm looking a good front n rear suspension for my car~~ n also the lsd~~ do u hav any of tis item r available to sold???

Daihatsu Mira

Known Member
Jan 23, 2005
Sabah
Visit site
i got 1 set TRD rear absorber ....
can adjust 4 level..
but 1pc seem is jam at the adjust button....
so if u interested pls pm me....

smooth

Sep 28, 2005
Daihatsu Mira said:
i got 1 set TRD rear absorber ....
can adjust 4 level..
but 1pc seem is jam at the adjust button....
so if u interested pls pm me....
Yes bro~ pm sent~~ so do u hav the spring as well?? how bout the front absorber??? do u hav stock???

smooth

Sep 28, 2005
Joeker said:
Sell your car to me, buy another comfortable car. no more noise. :_:
haha~ bro~ wat car u drive nowadays???

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all ZTH sifu,

My honda eg B16A auto for the last few weeks has a serious jerking issue. It actually started months ago but got worse last few weeks. At first it was once in a while then it become more serious and jerk everytime when stop and moving also. The car felt heavy and does not accelerate well. After checking with my mechanic it is due to burn spark plug (again), which i have just change (NGK cooper) in July and less than 3k mileage. Before that my NGK irridium also lasted...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience