Kancil 850 Help.

Kowreck Corleone

Known Member
Oct 3, 2009
Shah Alam
Hi all.
Just came back from Perodua for the usual service I was given a list of problems with the car.

1. Brake pump needs to be changed.
2. The timing belt needs to be changed.
3. Piston No. 1 is not working properly. Needs a top overhaul.
4. The left driveshaft is torn. Needs replacing.
5. Clutch needs replacing.
6. Something to do with the heat. I don't know what. Cant read the handwriting.

Can anyone help me with the cost I will be paying to solve all this things?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
1. Brake pump needs to be changed. spare part shop or halfcut less than rm100
2. The timing belt needs to be changed. - cant remember
3. Piston No. 1 is not working properly. Needs a top overhaul. need to change piston ring.
4. The left driveshaft is torn. Needs replacing. change DS boot rm15.
5. Clutch needs replacing. exedy clutch set forgot the pricing
6. Something to do with the heat. I don't know what. Cant read the handwriting. should be radiator.

**get a quotation from spare parts shopt

Kowreck Corleone

Known Member
Oct 3, 2009
Shah Alam
asked around for the things above and i got a quote about 2k, which is ridiculous.

anyways, the most fucked up thing happened this morning, my wheels got stolen. the car right now is riding on cinderblocks. if any of you guys are offered to buy a set of ssr type c-rs 14inch in gold in the shah alam area, just say no.

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
for compact car if your replacing part related to clutch set then it should be expensive compare to other car coz need to take out the engine...cannot take out gb only coz it sitted on full frame subframe...
with 2k better u do full overhaul with all new part...some more your engine become like new already...
BTW kancil part most of it a bit expensive compare to other sedan ca such as saga/wira...

Kowreck Corleone

Known Member
Oct 3, 2009
Shah Alam
hi all.
just got my car back from the shops. changed the clutch cable (which snapped while i was driving), the clutch,new gaskets, timing belt and the brake pump. I got the the parts myself and and spent about 500-600.
Now its all fixed, im looking to spend a bit for a little power.
I was browsing through the internet and ive found an extractor y powerzone in glenmarie for 400 and im very interested. the thing is ive read somewhere that its better to wrap the extractor in insulator wrap (better power, cooler engine bay temp, etc) but ive alsoread that it can cause damage to the extractor. Anyone has any suggestions? Wrap or no wrap?

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
hi all.
just got my car back from the shops. changed the clutch cable (which snapped while i was driving), the clutch,new gaskets, timing belt and the brake pump. I got the the parts myself and and spent about 500-600.
Now its all fixed, im looking to spend a bit for a little power.
I was browsing through the internet and ive found an extractor y powerzone in glenmarie for 400 and im very interested. the thing is ive read somewhere that its better to wrap the extractor in insulator wrap (better power, cooler engine bay temp, etc) but ive alsoread that it can cause damage to the extractor. Anyone has any suggestions? Wrap or no wrap?
if me i go for wrap...add lightweight crank pulley as well...

Kowreck Corleone

Known Member
Oct 3, 2009
Shah Alam
ive found a lihtweight crankpulley. but the thing is, its by jasma and ive heard that jasma's stuff is shit.
and another thing, while browsing thru the zth marketplace, someone is selling slotted disc brakes for the kancil. now im tempted to that one also. but only have money to spend on one part.
oh, choices.

can anyone give me feedback on using a tuned extractor. can the difference be felt when it was changed to a tuned one?

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
not all jasma thing is crap...some more for crank pulley if side by side with other brand its almost same...only different by brand and price only...me also didnt see any spoilt crank pulley yet no matter jasma or what other brand untill now...what i can say if u want to use jasma crank pulley dont worry...
for the brake i think better u go for L5 disc brake set...much more bigger disc & pump some more its ventilated...better than u use slotted standart disc...

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
ive found a lihtweight crankpulley. but the thing is, its by jasma and ive heard that jasma's stuff is shit.
and another thing, while browsing thru the zth marketplace, someone is selling slotted disc brakes for the kancil. now im tempted to that one also. but only have money to spend on one part.
oh, choices.

can anyone give me feedback on using a tuned extractor. can the difference be felt when it was changed to a tuned one?
Jasma stuff isnt shit, its just its engineering is questionable haha. The quality is decent la but personally I wouldnt put anything that on my own ride. Do you need new discs?

Huge difference in a tuned extractor. If you want more understanding how the scavenging effect is amplified by an extractor you can youtube it up, a lot of videos explaining. Personally even cap ayam ones make a diff haha :rofl:.

Kowreck Corleone

Known Member
Oct 3, 2009
Shah Alam
i dont really need new discs the old one is still ok but i think i just going for the looks.
ive read all and watched all about scavenging effect (thanks littlewhitewagon) and decided to go for the tuned extractor by powerzone.
another question. when i changed to the new extractor, do i have to change to a new exhaust system, meaning new piping, muffler, etc ori can just go with the extractor alone?

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
i dont really need new discs the old one is still ok but i think i just going for the looks.
ive read all and watched all about scavenging effect (thanks littlewhitewagon) and decided to go for the tuned extractor by powerzone.
another question. when i changed to the new extractor, do i have to change to a new exhaust system, meaning new piping, muffler, etc ori can just go with the extractor alone?
Haha save the money bro, looks dont win races :rofl:. Mmm okay if you do change the extractor without anything else you WILL feel a difference. But how much I personally cant say as the only cars i've tested before and after are 1500cc-2000cc.

Though from what i've tested, changing the extractor and having too small a piping just restricts the top end. I would change everything if budget permits. I personally changed my system all at one go, but my friend did it in sections, starting from muffler -> extractor -> piping.

So far from what we've compared the muffler was useless, just noise. The extractor did a big difference but the biggest was his piping upgrade, from 1.6 -> 2.25. The car now is much faster than before and smoother too when you jump off the gas.

I'll leave the desicion to you though on what you want to do, i'm just giving my 2 cents haha :wavey:.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Lets take for example a Wira 1.5Gli it comes stock with disc in the front plus 2pot calipers (i think) and drum brakes at the rear.

So if was wondering if wanna get better performance ..

1) Transplant ABS from a compatible Lancer set.

2) Upgrade the rear to disc also, upgrade the front to bigger ventilated disc, and upgrade calipers from 2pot to 4pot (for example).

I think (1) would be the obvious solution if doing an engine transplant as everything would be compatibe but if it wasn't a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience