K20a Q&a

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl
Nice job this eg. Anyway Loo. Have you sorted out the hondata launch control yet? I want to tune my K-pro again. It's look like out of tune. Anyone know anyone who familiar with to tune K-Pro? Heard JC racing sell this k-pro now. But who tune it..
yeah i did some tune with my customer DC5 with k-pro and my self as well its simply as 1-2-3 but need some time to get proper launch rpm so can make some full throttle,speed,and ignition retard to get 0-100kmh fastest time if your eg installed k-pro with everything stock you might get 210-215 whp with a little upgrade intake manifold should go to 225-230 whp

civic EdGe

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
TS, how much u got quoted for the DC5 type S K20A?
Izzit the one with 6 speed tranny and 200ps?
Here is a good write up on K20A2 and K20A3.. just wanna share share...^^

BTW sifus, can a DC5 dash fit into an EG/EK?
The dash looks very nice le.... cant stop drooling looking at it....:love:
This is the one in RSX type S

"With the new K-seires motors around us, there is a need for new information about the motors themselves. This article won't deal with swapping it in any car- but rather comparing the two variants.

the k20a3 is found in the 02+ civic si and the base model rsx and have a 5 speed tranny.
the k20a2 is found in the rsx type S and comes with the 6 speed tranny.

The k20a2 and the k20a3 share the same 2.0-liters of displacement, bore/stroke, block, head, valves, and intake manifold. However, pretty much the entire internals and external bolt ons couldn't be more different.

The k20a2 has higher compression pistons, more agressive cams, dual valve springs, and a tri-Y header with larger primaries than the k20a3. If that wasn't enough, the K20a2 has a completely different - and more advanced - method of iVTEC than the a3.

On both motors, i-VTEC really consists of two features: VTC (Variable valve Timing Control) and VTEC (Valve Timing and lift Electronically Controlled).

VTC, in both cases, is simply a hydraulically controlled adjustable cam sprocket that varies intake cam timing on the fly depending on engine speed and load. VTC does not affect the exhaust cam.

However, It's the VTEC portion of these systems that differs.

On the K20A2, VTEC is old school. Like a B-series, the cam has 2 profiles on 1 shaft. At about 6000 rpm, the middle rocker stops resting on the lost motion assembly, and picks up to follow the large lobe. Nothing new.

On the other hand, the K20A3 uses a completely different method, but is still called VTEC. At low rpm, the two intake valves operate with different cam lobes. One valve gets the primary lobe (the taller lobe) and the other gets the secondary lobe (shorter). The exhaust valves always get shoved open by a single lobe with no tricks at all. When VTEC kicks in at 2300 rpm, both valves start following the primary lobe. That's it. There's no 5500 rpm kick in the seat.

Other than this use of a shorter valve at low rpm, its much like a SOHC VTEC D16Z6: VTEC only on the intake side. But even then, can you really call <that> VTEC?

All of that is enough for the A2 to boast a 40 horsepower and nearly 20 ft-lbs of torque advantage over the A3."

nates_GTR

Known Member
Aug 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
yeah i did some tune with my customer DC5 with k-pro and my self as well its simply as 1-2-3 but need some time to get proper launch rpm so can make some full throttle,speed,and ignition retard to get 0-100kmh fastest time if your eg installed k-pro with everything stock you might get 210-215 whp with a little upgrade intake manifold should go to 225-230 whp
That's what i want to hear. Maybe i'll sent my car to you in the near time. I want to sorted out those idle and retune my K-pro. Anyway loo, what piston you recommend to me last time? I want to refresh my engine with high comp piston and beam conrod. What's your recommendation loo?

super fei lo

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2007
THAT MEANS U DONT NEED TO MODS ANY DRIVE SHAFT ETC, JUST PLUG & PLAY....
ROLL OUT WITH 200BHP
:love:

harpoon

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
shah alam n amp
dc loo n nates gtr.

if take dc5r engine into eg or ek, besides hasport mount+custom exhaust (due to cross member clearance) +custom radiator (if needed) +new fuel rail (due to non return fuel system)... what else do you need?

can use dc5r brembos? with abs sensor n all?
how about drive shaft.. must custom?
can put in dc5r meter? need to use the whole of dc5r wiring?

thanx for answering my queries.... just wanna find some info n knowledge only.:burnout:

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl
dc loo n nates gtr.

if take dc5r engine into eg or ek, besides hasport mount+custom exhaust (due to cross member clearance) +custom radiator (if needed) +new fuel rail (due to non return fuel system)... what else do you need?

can use dc5r brembos? with abs sensor n all?
how about drive shaft.. must custom?
can put in dc5r meter? need to use the whole of dc5r wiring?

thanx for answering my queries.... just wanna find some info n knowledge only.:burnout:
i can do a complete K-swap pacakage for you include labour
-engine oil,gear oil,wear and tear parts excluded

k20a Type R RM 30k
K20a Type S 5 speed Manual RM 19k

nksc

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2006
i have seen one ek fitted with dc5 dashboard..seems to be fitted nicely..

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl
i have seen one ek fitted with dc5 dashboard..seems to be fitted nicely..
scare later got lots of sound when car was moving also air cond dunno working well or not

skalock77

Known Member
Feb 13, 2007

k20a Type R RM 30k
K20AType S RM 19k swap package, if include labour, engine oil,gear oil,wear and tear parts bla bla....how much will the damage to my pocket if wanna swap?

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl
K20AType S RM 19k swap package, if include labour, engine oil,gear oil,wear and tear parts bla bla....how much will the damage to my pocket if wanna swap?
should be in rm 500

jesmine

Nov 30, 2008
Haha.. try search from k20a.org
they have tons of info for the swap

but for RM30000 with JDM k20a is really a bargain.
I spend more than that just for the parts and k20a2 engine only. Not include labor.

You can get almost all parts from hybridracing.com, ktuned.com and some other US company

Bump: Haha.. try search from k20a.org

I spend more than that just for the parts and k20a2 engine only. Not include labor.

You can get almost all parts from hybridracing.com, ktuned.com and some other US company

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl
Haha.. try search from k20a.org

Bump: Haha.. try search from k20a.org

Shipping & Kastam Malaysia Tax will kill you up the price

eko

Known Member
Feb 22, 2008

k20a Type R RM 30k
loo, the K20a type s izzit using in the Honda Acura RSX Type S one?

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl

jesmine

Nov 30, 2008
The JDM Type-S is similar to USDM base model, using K20a3.
USDM Type-S is using K20a2 while JDM Type-R using K20a.

DCLOO, is there any chance for u to get the k20a or k20a2 engine harness and charge harness?
can I have ur number?
Cheers!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since so many of you guys taruh the govt like nobody's business. Just wondering if any of you guys are going to attend the Bersih rally?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience