Junior need advice on New Saga Iswara

Anbujounin

Aug 14, 2006
Hello...
I recently bought a new 1.3 proton saga iswara. Using Carburetor engine. The meter looked like shit... The interior is also not very inviting. Do you seniors or experts on proton saga have any advice for me?
Regarding on :

1) Fuel consumption
2) The meter panel
3) The interior of dashboard ( kinda naked )
4) Or anything relevant for a fresh starter...

This is my first car fyi. I don't wish to wreck the car in just a few months. I would need every advice i could have.

Thank you....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
1) since its a new car, dont do anything to the engine that void waranty la... jz keep ur engine in good condition, often tune ur carbie AFR and timing... and alwiz remember to be light footed....

2) meter panel... u can change the bulb inside to different color... not sure if there is EL panel available for LMST meter or not...

3) best solution, change dashboard lor... but since it a new car, dont la... add some tissue box, ambipur, defi gauges, LCD screen....

4) advice, u've got the wrong car.... if u wanna maintain this car, transplant 4g91 inside...

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
new iswara? change ur sport muffler to the old iswara muffler. can help u save $ from going to petrol station. and u feel the power using original quiet muffler.

replace ur air filter with thinner air filter, made in japan, cost u around Rm20.

adjust ur timing to fire sparks plug earlier a bit. <--should get mechanic to do this.

pump more air to your tyre so u feel ur car lighter and got power a bit.

use better engine oil. last time i use fully synthetic and can feel the power. then i change to semi synthetic and feel power loss a bit.

LASTLY, u really buy a wrong car. anywhere its cheaper. i also driving iswara.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
skywalker,

wat have u change to your car on the engine side to boost its performance? mind to share. hehe.............
i saw u upgrade a lot things to ur iswara.

Elmo_X

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
haha 1st of all come SIOC forum
2nd : its a new car so sayang it 1st la dont do anything to it ,like sky says just tune it then its enough
3rd:same like me when i first got my saga haha ,very very empty but after few months pass my car is like full of soft toy and things ...so just slowly wont empty
4th: oi sky 4G13 very malu meh har so fast throw in 4G91 hehe, u can start with putting strut bars , or put change ur carb filter , change rims , and etc
want more ganas throw out ur 12v carb and whack in a weber hahaha

Anbujounin

Aug 14, 2006
Thanx for the advice guys...
I tried to put up with a new air filter. A few friends suggested for me to use a mushroom type of filter. IS it okay?
Regarding the spark plug, i put up a new cables, the mechanic said that it is a performance spark plug cable.
just wanna ask, is it okay for me to install magsaver. Said that it could reduce fuel consumption?
Car is already filled with a few stickers. Air fresheners, coal, pandan leaves, umbrella, tissue box and some books to read.

Thank you for the support.....

I feel really small compared to you guys....

Anbujounin

Aug 14, 2006
Thanx for the advice guys...
I tried to put up with a new air filter. A few friends suggested for me to use a mushroom type of filter. IS it okay?
Regarding the spark plug, i put up a new cables, the mechanic said that it is a performance spark plug cable.
just wanna ask, is it okay for me to install magsaver. Said that it could reduce fuel consumption?
Car is already filled with a few stickers. Air fresheners, coal, pandan leaves, umbrella, tissue box and some books to read.

Thank you for the support.....

I feel really small compared to you guys....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
high flow filter adviceable to change... buy branded ones (K&N, HKS, Apexi, etc) dun buy cap ayam one lah...

plug cables... jz use the oem cable la... good enough since u didnt upgrade ur ignition system.... besides, ur car still new... no worries that ur cables might go defect....

exhaust system... 421 extractor, midbullet, muffler, 1.7" piping.... more detail info about it, go to kweng sifoo in car talk thread... he opened a new exhaust mod thread discussing about optimum exhaust setup... i noob only...

not sure the above will affect ur waranty or not... better check with ur nearest proton SC before doing anything...
but the mods above will surely affect ur fc abit la... thats why make sure ur AFR and ignition timing is at its best performance.... as for sparkplugs, try use bosch S4 or ngk platinum plugs... no need go for irridium first la, that one vr expensive....

weber carb??... later la, when u learn more how ur car functions and so on... when u use weber carb, u cannot say u know nothing about it... coz weber carb is for enthusiast.... like unker fred said, take weber as a hobby....

elmo, 4g13 tarak power mah.... dump in few thousands, mod mod mod, power also about the same as 4g92 or 4g91.... u might face reliability problem as well later.... so, better straight dump in 4g91...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guyz, im getting bonus, and planning to convert my gen2 to gsr manual or tiptronic, wat is ur suggestion when im gonna ransplant, wat would u do? wat would u service on the engine? wat's the horsepower on wheels anywayz, and where can i do ceramic coating? thanks!

i might mod stuff like
1. Intercooler
2. Header with wastegate
3. Blow off valve
4. Afc neo
5. 3inch exhaust all the way
6. apexi intake open pod

any more recommendations? and abit more questions

im using air bags, can i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience