Jazz Clubs in KL

magua

500 RPM
Jul 8, 2004
hi all...

does anybody know any Jazz clubs (night clubs) in Klang Valley? prefered with live bands.
other than club also do i.e... hotel lobby,cafe,bistro......

I'm start to listening to jazz.just to learn how to get the "feel" in jazz.everyday play and listen to heavy metal,rock...sometime gets me 'stuck in a moment u can't get out'

or any jazzer/jazzist here?any idea what's my 1st move in jazz.

tq

purple

Nov 24, 2003
JHB
xtracooljustin said:
Cotton Club at Maju Junction.

Ladies nite on Fridays ;) Free drinks all nite long for da ladies.
Had a pretty bad experience there. Maybe it was the band then. I wouldn't classified 'em as jazz musicians :confused_smile: But if you want free flow of frozen margharitas for the ladies, go on then.

purple

Nov 24, 2003
JHB
magua said:
hi all...

does anybody know any Jazz clubs (night clubs) in Klang Valley? prefered with live bands.
other than club also do i.e... hotel lobby,cafe,bistro......

I'm start to listening to jazz.just to learn how to get the "feel" in jazz.everyday play and listen to heavy metal,rock...sometime gets me 'stuck in a moment u can't get out'

or any jazzer/jazzist here?any idea what's my 1st move in jazz.

tq
Ask any jazz enthusiasts in KL for direction to No Black Tie.

If you're serious 'bout jazz, should start checking out the stuff back in the late 1800s. How it was popularised by the ***** from the ******, weighing it roots back to the reggae dued to ******* process in America. Most will think that jazz was originated or popularised during the Flapper's era but honestly, it was just based on their can't be arsed attitude to study the evolution of music and its genres; influences, adaptations, anthropology, etc.

There are a few sub-genres in jazz so spending some time in HMV and getting a few purchases to discover your favourite is also the part and parcel of knowing what tickle your fancy. Personally, learning the history and the origin of each artist/genre has made me delved more feel into each piece/artist. Well, that's my own formulae anyway :embaressed_smile:

*words are written in asterix to NOT make me sound politically incorrect.