IS THERE A REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT?

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
from my survey..stroker kit also got limit..increase 300cc++ is max for most block. ahhh exception for B16a..i've seen stroker kit max out at 2000cc !!

hmm stroker kit add stroke and bore la bro..then what do u mean by " think bigger bore and stroke is the best solution besides lightened stroker kits..."

stroker kit being lighten becos it being rebuilt custom made and not originally manufactured from car maker. once u built it new..u want it lighter.

stroker kit add stroke by adding size on crankshaft and a bit shorter conrod, it also add bore size by using bigger pistons

illegal ? how can u tell it's illegal if they dun even see u use stroker kit ? JPJ can see inside engine kah ? :lol:

CoolFusion

Known Member
Jun 12, 2004
PJ
Visit site
Originally posted by flamefox850@Jan 23 2005, 06:43
illegal ? how can u tell it's illegal if they dun even see u use stroker kit ? JPJ can see inside engine kah ? :lol:
hehehhehe....nice nice... :lol: :lol:

but is there any manufacterer that makes lightened stroker kits for 4g93??

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
Yes, there're many alternatives of increasing power besides increasing displacement (either by installing a bigger block or via re-bore/stroker kit). But those other alternatives have pros & cons (eg turbo lag, power loss at low-RPM etc). For normal driver who knows very little about engine & rarely drives hard, bigger capacity engine is still the best. If they're to choose between a 200bhp 1.8 litre turbo engine or a 200bhp 3 litre normal engine, most would choose the latter.

CoolFusion

Known Member
Jun 12, 2004
PJ
Visit site
so... theres gonna be turbo lag if i play wit the internals....

any workshop out there can deal wit this and cure this lag?

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
Originally posted by CoolFusion@Jan 24 2005, 17:58
so... theres gonna be turbo lag if i play wit the internals....

any workshop out there can deal wit this and cure this lag?
u dunwan turbo lag?
go sc.

then u want crazy boost
the go turbo again
this time super mutha big turbine

but the lag is too much to bear
u go buy another smaller turbo to help it.
ur wallet suffers from all the custom work

so u think, the best way is a big block wit force induction
and u get urself a volvo truck engine ;)

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Hey L2TurboFool
u realise how big is 1cm over bore ah?
:P :blink:
already 1mm overbore for most engines is already quite drastic.
1cm bore will go trough the liner and the water channels.

The problem with stroker kits is that u cannot run too long a strong as u'll start having a balance problem and u cant rev as high as comfortably with a lesser stroke.

Cope

Mar 21, 2007
Last post was almost two years ago. Still no definite answer to the question. well.. here's my RM2 (used to be 2 cents but what can you do with that nowadays).

Displacement = torque.
Horsepower = (torque x RPM) / 5252

So, that's up to personal pref. More displacement means more torque and more expensive road tax and more fuel for standard driving and a much heavier engine. Forced induction is the best if you wanna go for balls shrinking WHoa!! factor. Turbo lag isnt that much of a problem nowadays since there's this new `anti-lag' turbine design (some sort of a VTEC for turbo) hehehe..

Stroker kit and such depends on the rod ratio of the engine and as such can be stressful on the side wall unless some machining were done...
And if you're doing the machining... then better do the mod with the block coz it may cost almost the same anyway.

I can buy a 3Ghz Pentium Chip and overclock it to 3.6 and i can buy a 3.6Ghz Pentium Chip. The former might cost a lil cheaper but how long can it run? 2 minutes the most (Skidding off the track here)

We want power and reliability. So in my opinion..
Yes.. there is a replacement for displacement and its called VTEC.

:D Seriously.. for me.. i'd put my car on a diet and lose some weight since its the most cost effective way to affect almost every aspect of your car performance (other than your monthly premium, road tax and insurance coverage)

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What's the deal?

The all-new Toyota Vellfire has been unveiled by UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd (UMWT) recently. In its 2nd generation now, the Vellfire however is offered by the official distributor for the first time in Malaysia.

The Vellfire is a household name here and is widely available from other parallel sources, but the units imported and distributed by...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience