IS THERE A REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT?

CoolFusion

Known Member
Jun 12, 2004
PJ
Visit site
Is changing the whole engine block good or adding more bore and stroke with lighter and forged parts?

7urn57yl3

500 RPM
Oct 9, 2004
Originally posted by CoolFusion@Jan 22 2005, 14:48
Is changing the whole engine block good or adding more bore and stroke with lighter and forged parts?
Pending on engine and application spose. I'd personally go for bore/stroke with better parts if it's a thick/strong block. :)

L2TurboFool

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
Visit site
depend on or block material too.normally bore within 1mm or below.just nice.calculate how much CC u want.
4 cyclinder = .0031414 x stroke (mm) x bore (mm) x bore (mm)

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
To answer your question. Yes there is a replacement for displacement.
NOS and force induction.
But there aint no replacement for displacement for sheer driving pleasure and usability unless u're the fast and furious crowd.
Who wants nothing and then all the power shove up the arse.
hehe

Well if u want more cc..... bigger engine...
u wanna retain the original block have to do some research if there's a stroker kit available and the max tolerable overbore.

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
how bout try to higher the compression?
like change gasket/piston
or get a stroker set?

CoolFusion

Known Member
Jun 12, 2004
PJ
Visit site
lightened strokers are a choice... forced induction and nitrous...
but nitrous are juz temp boost... remember when ur gonna pick on the NA guys... when the engine blow up oso cant chase em...

i think bigger bore and stroke is the best solution besides lightened stroker kits...

i dont think its legal... rite...? heheheh

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Almost 7-8 years ago...I used to sent my GTi to an uncle who is to me...the best ever & most expert in car wiring & modification...This Chinese uncle didn't have his own workshop or nor working for any workshop..He operated on his own and had at that time, converted one corner of a public carpark located at the Petaling Jaya JPJ's Test Centre (beside Armada Hotel/Asia Jaya)...One fine day when my car was having some wiring problem...i by accident had discovered him at the parking lot and had...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience