is it worth it?

zidane247

Jan 10, 2007
hi.. i've been thinking abt changing my standard wira 1.5 engine with a.. say 4g63.. basically.. coz i want better pickup and horsepower..

but.. my friends are telling me that i should just stick to my standard engine.. they say tht if i change the engine, the price of the car will depreciate more compared to if i stick with the standard spec.. is this true?

obviously, changing the engine would require a lot of money (the engine, wiring, workmanship etc).. so, my friends said i should juz replace some of the parts instead of paying so much for a new engine (eg. change the camshaft, better sparkplug, port polish etc).. wht do u guys think?

for those of u who've change ur engine.. is it really worth it?

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
you drive a proton, which means the car has depreciated already with or without an engine transplant. Keep in mind 2L in a wira will not pass inspection.

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Change engine or not, the car price is depreciated based on your car age and the current market value. People will feel unworthy to change engine because when they want to sell off their car, they will tend to top up the value of modification + the current market car price.
2L engine will not be allowed anymore. The max can go to 1.8. Still you can put in 2L if you have "someway" to do so.

Happy Modding!

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Can, not to say can not but there will be a clause...
The car name can not be transfer anymore, if wanna to transfer change back to ori as I have a fren whom have 2 Mitsubishi Pajero with 1jz engine inside also provided u have the 'jalan' to do so la....

Last edited:

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
depends...
the car would depreciate anyway like what they all say.
But selling price if u mod it correctly would still fetch higher price than the normal stock version of the same year.
And to mod or not to mod it all depends on the budget.
For me, the time my engine oil pan crack and cost my engine to blew.

2 choice for me. Transplant or get back an engine "kosong" and plunk it back. Come to think of it, if I plunk in the stock engine "kosong" from proton back to the car.......than I would have to sell it after the repair. (to be safe that it doesn't give me any problem later)
Than I chose transplant to 6A10. Reason being I would be able to drive the car for years to come and by selling the car, I would be at the losing end...
So it has being 2 years and the car still with me and going strong!

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
yep..proton wira already no value in the market.... last time mine is modded with 4G63T and i sell it off at RM35k while the market price is only RM23k. So it depend how u mod it and the person who buy it. :)

zidane247

Jan 10, 2007
ic. so its possible to fetch better price if u modd ur car properly izzit.. thts good to know :D

another thing they argued on is d condition of the engine.. they say tht sometimes.. if u're unlucky.. u get engine with lots of problem.. and if the mechanic didn't set up d engine properly.. sure rosak..

so.. how?

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
kris.. i think if that car of yours might worth a bit more now ler.. since previously transplanted 2liter engine is allowed to be kept while newer one cannot.

btw, that car now how liau? no more running izit? no fix? sayang ler..

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
that's the same like when u buy a car or when u go repair your car....
so what?!...
you don't buy cars or you don't go to the mechanic?!

Obviously you need to do survey and know what you're doing or at least has trusted friends or mechanics who knows stuffs...

Test out the engine, look at the mileage and find a recommended mechanic.

Common sense. Obviously when u buy something, even when it's new and you didn't check properly than only found a lot of defects...who can you blame?!

zidane247

Jan 10, 2007
boon.. how to know if the engine is ok? still have to pasang with ur car.. then only can test right? wht if defect isn't obvious early on and u dont notice it until later?

sorry for d noob question. juz want to be sure...

boosook

Known Member
Jul 14, 2005
Shah Alam
my advice not to change to 4g63t... stick to 1.8 most...

1) like the rest said..you cant get approval unless u got "jalan"
2) petrol price go up so very makan minyak
3) im using 4g63t...the problem that its giving me is crazy...for 3 years ive been using this engine and until now different problems come different month.. wanna do exterior also no more money. unless you are a rich person and very free to send ur car for repair...

so now im thinking of changing car...so better u think twice..

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
bro zidane 247,
people change engine due to engine oledi rosak teruk.if yr 1.5 engine is still in good condition...u can just upgrade it to produce more hp.but need to be done properly.then u will also got lots of extra money to do interior or exterior.wira is very easy to find performance parts with good quality.value for money!!dis is wut consumer shud tink first...rite??

Transplant engine is not just change yr engine it also include changing yr braking system and suspension(this is most important to pass puspakom!) heh....

but still up to u...just dun be chasin da wind at da n of da day ya...

more importantly when u change engine just crossed yr finger and hope lady luck is by yr side. :)

just my 2cents.

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
to do this 1st tis should not be ur only transport car.... bcuz on early stage of engine coversion u still need to go to work as usual...and secondly mostly the problem occur during conversion are those minor minor stuffs like oh ur wat wat sensor is faulty or ur beltings seems had reach their lifespans or it can also be like changing camseal if they are leaking ... but tis is just begining bcuz wat u are buying is 2nd hand stuff... then u will came across some challenges or tings which doesnt go as smooth as plan ... but once it was done ... i mean after around 1 mth or 2 frm day one conversion and u had been driven it to see wat is lacking off and wat need to be done to 'perfectionize' it, u will be good for the coming years as u will feel tat all d time n effort spend was well worth it as u are equiped with something newer , fresher,faster and better....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

today was a bad day for me...
i left my car park at jalan 13/4 petaling jaya..around utar college there,
roadside parking just oposite colgate factory...
from 12pm to 5pm (studying)...
my car was broken in and the car was just 6 month old :bawling:... total loss rm700 for my personal stuff... (smart tag,diagnosis elm327, and ALL MY ANG PAU T_T )
the driver side window was broken... need wait tommorow only can figure how much needed to repair..
it is my own mistake.. as normally..my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience