Is boosting 1bar-1.5bar safe?

Spanx

Jul 25, 2005
Sri Damansara
Hi guys, just wanna ask some advice. I'm now running a Gsr 4G93T engine on my satria. Pretty standard, just custom metal intercooler hoses with an evo 3 intercooler. Still using TD04, with standard injectors. Is it safe to boost up to 1-1.5bar?? currently boost is at 0.7. Any feedback is very much appreciated, thanx!

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
More costs involved to strengthen the engine to load such boost. Street car with above 1.5 boost wont last long with ichi foot down there ..

Generally .. new drivers with 1.5 bar boost .. i dont think they can drive at max boost as well. ;)

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
u can boost that high only if u have fuel tuning (safc minimum). even after fuel tuning, reliability is jeopardised but if u dont mind changing engine twice a year, then go ahead.

Lord Pheonix

Known Member
Apr 15, 2004
KL
boosting a td04 with 1.5bar is not a good way to get a higher performance. one of the reason is because td04 have 'saturated' at 1.2-1.3bar, above than that is just killing the engine without any clear advantages. the ideal way, and to avoid changing to metal gasket is just by boosting it at 1bar, its enough. but, u still need to fine tune it to make the engine last longer... :)

Spanx

Jul 25, 2005
Sri Damansara
Guys thanx, say if i get a fuel controller (SAFC or E-Manage), a fuel regulator and change to larger injectors, would it be safe to boost 1 bar then??

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
for 1 bar, u dont need larger injectors. regulator is a highly recommended optional part.

safc MUST have.

if 1 bar, most of your mechanical/engine internals are not so stressed. u can still have great reliability...

tkoonkai

May 5, 2006
you will get a boost cut in about 1bar. the crank bearing is a problem.get a evo inj 510cc and add a emanage the timing will be set low.

morgan

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
guys, i just plonk in a gsr rs... about the fuel injectors, what are the colours?coz mine there are two blue in colour and there are 2 black in colour. i thought it has to be the same colour all of it rite...and the other thing is when im in cruising on the 4th or 5th gear, if i step the the gas full it jerks.. why?? need help and advice plz.. cheers

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
morgan , get ur part numbers for the injectors
jerks, could be tuning
ur ecu standard ?

morgan

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
where do i find the part numbers for the injectors?? where shall i tune the ecu?

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Upboost from 0.7~0.8 to 1 bar is relatively easy.

But as you go higher, it get much more difficult and very much more EXPENSIVE.

Before even touching 1.5, getting 1.2 bar will require gargantuan re$ource$ (in terms of complimentary mods to make the engine run well and safe. Unfortunately, engine reliability will be thrown out the window)

Spanx

Jul 25, 2005
Sri Damansara
Hi again guys.

Update! i recently replaced my 0.8mm metal gasket to an MMC 1.5mm one , as the old one was leaking n i got some traces of engine oil in my radiator. Replaced the gasket n serviced the car as well. I dunno if its just me but i feel the car is now much smoother n more top end power than b4, is this normal or is it just my feeling?? boost is still at 0.7bar, same as before.

hachiroku80

Known Member
Mar 10, 2006
'sup guys...

i'm a turbo newbie....i rollin' a stock 4G63 Evo 3....the boost now is roughly around 0.6-0.7 bar...I wanted to up boost up the bar.....is it safe or i need to add anything to it?....pls help me.....and 1 more thing...does any blow off would effect the engine?...btw i'm using the hks ssqv imitation...my car would be jerking when i change my gears...sumtimes it stops...

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
it should be no problem boosting 1.0 bar on evo engine.just get urself a fuel
regulator.that should be enough.maybe ur b.o.v leaks air.that y ur car is
jerking.try n wait for other sifu to clarify ur problem.

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
guys, i just plonk in a gsr rs... about the fuel injectors, what are the colours?coz mine there are two blue in colour and there are 2 black in colour. i thought it has to be the same colour all of it rite...and the other thing is when im in cruising on the 4th or 5th gear, if i step the the gas full it jerks.. why?? need help and advice plz.. cheers

my mate's ride had the exact same prob last time..floor the gas n it jerks..
installed extra injector n settled..
no guarantee its gonna settle yours though..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi bros, need some serious advice/feedback.

Has anyone used Jasma 272cams for 4g18? What's your views on it ? Performance, durability? Is it worth getting ? Reliable ? Hope you guys can help out as ibam planning to get it but need to know the details first before confirming. Am currently driving lancer cs3, 4g18...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience