ICE -In Car Entertainment

is all bout SPL playing LOUD~!!!

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
ryukeong said:
Like that also consider a lot? i know many ppl got more....ha, hm....my reason actually to get surround effects, and the sound quality is consider quite good....

I mention b4, i need quite some space at my boot to put tools and stocks due to my job, so only use one sub...
Since you are planning to use a single sub and want to be loud, I would suggest that you:

1. use a 15" or 18" sub with high displacement.
2. Port it around 45 - 50 hz.
3. built the box as big as you can afford.

loon1031

Known Member
Sep 30, 2006
www.cari.com
jchin2 said:
if u playing SQ, front fix 3way mid component & 1 sub at back enough....if u fixed too many mid...not only u did not hear surround but a bit noisy...
But He is not playing SQ le...Why suddenly become SQ liao...
SPL mah...Haha

loon1031

Known Member
Sep 30, 2006
www.cari.com
jchin2 said:
Last time i did went up there because this balik pulau hill only started last yrs & last yr i already change to SQ so seldom go up there nowadays...
Last few years back i myself also play SPL, that time was either at gurney drive,seagate or pantai bersih....How about u, have play SPL b4?[/qoute]

I never play SPL... it not my cup of tea..
Actually SPL can setup at all car audio shop...not only acc shop mah

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
SPL is not easy to setup........u may trick ur ear but u wont trick the meter...wat u hear may diff from wat it show on the meter

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Like I mentioned earlier... ppl have been misunderstood about SPL. Its not about having mutiple sub and drive around open your boot... like look I have 20 sub and how much do you have there???

SPL is about getting sub to be as loud as you can. Which means having big enclosure with big port... dampening all your car to it wont flex, having multiple batteries and amps to pump out as much watts as you can. Do you think that after this you can drive your car around every day??

There is a different about SPL and street bass. You dont do SPL daily. I bet you dont burp your sub daily either.

ryukeong

Known Member
May 20, 2005
KL
Yup corret appleyard, doesn't always play spl....only when driving at night with a good mood.....and i like the heavy bass from the sub....ha

jchin2

Known Member
Sep 15, 2006
different ppl different hearing......myself still like some bass compared to those playing SQ with soft bass only

singchaii

500 RPM
Sep 3, 2005
Pandan Jaya, KL
Erm.. I have a 6inch component set infront, 10'inch subwoofer and 6x9 rear speaker.. can i conside myself as SQ ?

jchin2

Known Member
Sep 15, 2006
if u put rear 6x9 speaker...a bit noisy..forget the back speaker u can hear the sound stagging more better in the front mid component...

singchaii

500 RPM
Sep 3, 2005
Pandan Jaya, KL
jchin2 said:
if u put rear 6x9 speaker...a bit noisy..forget the back speaker u can hear the sound stagging more better in the front mid component...
So i should take off the 6x9 speaker? Mean only component set and woofer already enough?

jchin2

Known Member
Sep 15, 2006
yes...more than enough...u can try..normally now if u play SQ no need the rear speaker...like u sitting in the stage u hear ppl singing in the front & not the back...so its almost the same as in your car....

singchaii

500 RPM
Sep 3, 2005
Pandan Jaya, KL
Yeah.. i try to remove the 6x9 and see.. Actually, the 6x9 i use it for give me more bass when i dun have a woofer.. So now i got a woofer and i dun feel wan to take out the 6x9 cause scare waste.. only use for 3 months.. Haha.. That why i jz put it there and use it lor..

jchin2

Known Member
Sep 15, 2006
how many woofer u using in the back?ur box is ported or seal box?Actually if u want play SQ its better to use 12"woofer ..the bass more wider

singchaii

500 RPM
Sep 3, 2005
Pandan Jaya, KL
I only have 1 woofer 10'inch at behind... What is ported and seal box? Not really know wat mean.. sorry..

jchin2

Known Member
Sep 15, 2006
Ported box is the box with hole-bass very noisy,mostly for SPL ppl or u like heavy bass....

While Seal box is totally seal & no air space...--bass more soft & kick

singchaii

500 RPM
Sep 3, 2005
Pandan Jaya, KL
jchin2 said:
Ported box is the box with hole-bass very noisy,mostly for SPL ppl or u like heavy bass....

While Seal box is totally seal & no air space...--bass more soft & kick
Oh.. Thank for ur info.. Haha.. My woofer was on the ported box. The hole quite big.. The soft bass and kick wat the kick mean?

jchin2

Known Member
Sep 15, 2006
more solid bass instead of blur bass

singchaii

500 RPM
Sep 3, 2005
Pandan Jaya, KL
jchin2 said:
more solid bass instead of blur bass
Oh.. mean in seal box, the bass more solid? Erm.. Soft kick bass or heavy bass better? I jz learn to play in sound system only.. That why have so many questions.. Hope u dun mind..:embaressed_smile:

loon1031

Known Member
Sep 30, 2006
www.cari.com
Bass in sealed box not so noisy... the bass effect might be shorter than ported box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, i'm planning to change my clutch plate early next year. What kind of clutch do you guys think i should opt? Driving a MIVEC 1.6. Looking for racing clutch, but how about MMC heavy duty clutch and cover? Any suggestion? Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience