is all bout SPL playing LOUD~!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ICE -In Car Entertainment

is all bout SPL playing LOUD~!!!

FisH1986

Known Member
Sep 25, 2006
most of the sub can use ported n seal box but its depends on the size of the box only

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
jchin2 said:
Ported box is the box with hole-bass very noisy,mostly for SPL ppl or u like heavy bass....

While Seal box is totally seal & no air space...--bass more soft & kick
I think you should get your facts right.... Ported vs Sealed enclosure. Dont just jump into conclusion that ported is for SPL and sealed is for SQ.

And what is soft bass and kick bass?????

loon1031 said:
Bass in sealed box not so noisy... the bass effect might be shorter than ported box...
Will you explain it further, how a same freq. (lets take 30 hz) will play shorter in sealed and longer in ported???

jchin2 said:
Agree with loon1031 here...ported box bass is heavy bass when u play ur car audio while driving, at outside others ppl can hear the bass quite loud.....
Where else Seal box can't hear much at outside....when u hear seal box bass u will forget about the ported bass box...
Have you ever heard of sound dampening and what is it for???? So it means when I don want to hear bass outside of my car, just do a sealed box??

loon1031 said:
Normally SQ go for sealed box...
Another generalization..... SQ = sealed , SPL = Ported.

FisH1986 said:
actually for me i think its depends on the woofer my old rf woofer do a better job at a seal box but my new kicker done a better job in a ported box when i use a seal box for my kicker the bass is noisy n dont give me good kick bass
Actually, its the box that makes or break the sub. Not vice versa. Good sub + wrong box = wrong bass. For your case, I blame the box rather than the sub.

Last edited:

singchaii

500 RPM
Sep 3, 2005
Pandan Jaya, KL
Erm.. I have a noob question here after reading all replied here.. If we put 10"inch woofer into seal box, when the woofer kick the bass out, will we able to hear the knocking sound which the bass knocking the wood? Cause i really didn't listen a woofer that in seal box before.. If have chance, i wanna hear the woofer in the seal box.

loon1031

Known Member
Sep 30, 2006
www.cari.com
No knocking sound which you mean bass knocking the wood...
The wood material for woofer should be solid.

singchaii

500 RPM
Sep 3, 2005
Pandan Jaya, KL
OooH.. Actually, after getting some knowlegde, i feel better get a sealed box for myself.. Listen soft and kick bass inside the car already enough. What for give the bass go out from the car and form outside can listen the bass sound? Haha..

jchin2

Known Member
Sep 15, 2006
yes singchaii....
u can try out....

jchin2

Known Member
Sep 15, 2006
some ported can modify by closing the port hole but make sure its seal enough.
ready made seal box is cheap compared to those acc shop that make by them using calculation..

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
sealed is simpler and more straight forward to make, but some shops charge same price for boxes, but sometimes according to size also.

jchin2

Known Member
Sep 15, 2006
Not to say cheap as agree with Zenn cause some shops charge very expensive to make a seal box...

But if u want seal box make sure its properlly seal & no air leakage!!!U can try by slowly pressing the woofer down & it will come out slowly....

loon1031

Known Member
Sep 30, 2006
www.cari.com
The sealed box & ported box price depend on the handcraft of the maker & the box material using...
I found a box can cost RM50, RM100, RM150 also..difference on material...

I have an installer make the box theimself...

jchin2

Known Member
Sep 15, 2006
Some acc shop charge until Rm300 for a box....

miow

Known Member
Jun 6, 2005
langkawi
worrr...look like all buddy here is out of my topic...hehehe~....
much more ad playing sq nw....
i jus wonder if our buddy know or not?
ill like to know wat size or kind sub box wil make da bass heard loud n fell very punch.... port size/wide/long....
coz i wanna used for road show on this 12/31 de... wanna fiber work so ill start from nw do nicely n slow...
n if playing spl da amp use mono better or stearo better....
my plan is sound stream/rds sub amp is sound stream n agako....
thx for all sifu here....

malcolm922

Known Member
Aug 28, 2006
another soundstream kaki??

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, if I have budget around 2k, what kind of semibucket seat can I get ? FYI, Im driving a Satria GTi,so what do you guys think suitable seat around that price tag ?

Do you guys think its better to go for those replicas but brand new or original but secondhand ones ?

I was thinking of Recaro Evo 2 or 3,since original GTi Recaro Njoy is hard to find nowadays, u think suitable or not for GTi ? Does the rear seat able to fit Satria GTi ?

And of course it has to come with railing and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience