Ipoh 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

alongmirage

Known Member
Jul 12, 2007
ha....ha.... my car to put there..... u must joking bro..... if got ugly car cat..... i will bro... my car no bling2 bro.... just karat2...... ha..ha.......

SAO 6418

Known Member
Jun 11, 2005
Ipoh
ha....ha.... my car to put there..... u must joking bro..... if got ugly car cat..... i will bro... my car no bling2 bro.... just karat2...... ha..ha.......
Hey taikor,
walaupun karat2 and look STP, but veli fast mah rite. 'Fast for Wat' hehe:adore:

Then take ur Myvi to display lah.... regamaster punya rim lagi....:listen:

STP = Standard Tapi Power

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
8 Cars from Penang convoyed to Ipoh to see this so called "Auto Show"
8 drivers, 2 passengers paid RM15 EACH to enter the "show"
8 disappointed drivers and 2 bored passengers left in less than 30 minutes.

it's like paying entry fee to go into a super-market.

abe20

Known Member
Jun 21, 2006
pity u,vagabond..

i still remember dream06 that was held @ pisa penang.. by teamcity if not forgoten.. simple n nice.. yet intresting..
they know how to attract participants.. there was a "kereta kelab paling banyak" challenge.. won by teamcity ka myviclub ka.. very2 forgotten.. and participant/visitor get stickersssss....

tq SAO for the long explaination.. i also don wanna shot enibadi actually,juz giving my opinion a hope that when there is an event like this be held one more time,things will be improveeeeeed......peace..

p/s along,malu la..kasi klua la itu gambirun...

alongmirage

Known Member
Jul 12, 2007
Hey taikor,
walaupun karat2 and look STP, but veli fast mah rite. 'Fast for Wat' hehe:adore:

Then take ur Myvi to display lah.... regamaster punya rim lagi....:listen:

STP = Standard Tapi Power
my myvi...... ayo...yo.... bachhaa...... i doing nothing just change sportrim only........ all standard....... u can easily find in produa showroom....ma.... no need at autoshow......

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
But frankly, in ipoh, 04 is quite famous and also hate by all those car kakis and pormen. I dunno Y (i also heard only).
It seems that way when I talk to ppl. Though to be perfectly honest, when you ask most car workshops or their groupies for an opinion of their competition they almost always give you a negative or less than complimentary opinion. Not surprising really....why would anyone want to talk good about their competition ? Zero4 happens to be one of the more prominent outfits in Ipoh. Probably because they market their services better. When I spoke to Nick (Zero4's owner for those who did not know), his opinion was that it was not that Ipoh didn't have an active motoring community. There is one, just that it's a whole lot more discrete and low key. His statement implies that perhaps it's not just the cars and their owners who are keeping low profile but inevitably the workshops as well because if no one is openly advertising their services, obviously the ones who do (like Zero4) will get better PR mileage and probably a fair share of opinions, both good or bad, justified or unjustified. For that matter, ask Zero4 about their opinion on the competition and you'll get a perspective which you may, or may not, agree with.

Personally, I take all opinions with a grain of salt. It's up to you to seperate the fact from fiction because there are alot of bullshit artists in the industry. Plenty of blowhard egos, salestalk, and misinformation depending who you talk to. They are either chasing after your $$, or they are affiliates who have bought into the saletalk. Do your homework and make up your own mind who you want to help build your car.

Incidentally I'm no rep for Zero4. I'm just a car kaki poking my nose and talking to anyone and anything interesting.

As for the 'Ah Beng' cars, what do ppl mean by 'Ah Beng' ? All show and no go ? If we have just Skylines, Ferraris and all the big brand names, it's nice and everyone will enjoy the show but most of the crowd realisitically won't be able to afford such things. Then again if you have the more affordable cars which are tastefully done up and modded, then it's also something most folks can relate to better because it's something within their budgets.

Generally I would agree that the content of the show could have been better.

SEG77

Jan 20, 2008
Drive all the way there from KL with very high hope. Within 10 minute left with very2 disapointed feeling. Really a BIG :mad: mistake going for the event. Even bring my camera there but don't even feel like to snap any photo.......

Should stick to KL event only.

abe20

Known Member
Jun 21, 2006
"ahbeng's" cars mean rice la..ricely modded2 wan.... hehehe..

xand

Known Member
Apr 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
there's a need of some sort of system that black-list or ban certain organisers for events that received huge complaints from visitors... at least there wont be more 'money-making pretend-to-be-organisers' just simply organise a car-show and pocket some money... besides that, they'll probably cause other car-shows in the future to receive lesser attraction...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
there's a need of some sort of system that black-list or ban certain organisers for events that received huge complaints from visitors... at least there wont be more 'money-making pretend-to-be-organisers' just simply organise a car-show and pocket some money... besides that, they'll probably cause other car-shows in the future to receive lesser attraction...

good point.

just like Trader ratings in zth... just makes a Event-Organizer-&-Autoshow-Ratings...... how bout that..??

Status
Not open for further replies.