IHI or Mitsubishi turbo

alfi

Jul 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi to sifus, im currently searching and surveying for a bot project on my 4G92 SOHC..i've come across IHI RHF4 turbo at mudah and cost are around RM200-300 compare to TD04/TD05 which is almost at RM600-900..RHF4 comes with different spec as vf13,vf14 until vf33..so the question is

1) Can sifu please explain to me what is the spec coding means even though they are all RHF4 turbo?

2) Is RHF4 comparable with TD04? or is it a little smaller or bigger?

3) Are they really ball bearing turbo?

4) What are other turbos that falls under 200-300 budget that might be better than this? bcoz i dont know any other turbo brand out there

thanks for the help guys :)

Jul 16, 2013
sabah
theres alot of list RHF4 VF13 is big turbine for 16 size, and the bad part is its a ball bearing, the service is alot higher.
but if u mix it with VF33 small turbine size 11 change it to 16 size VF13, it would be alot cheaper to service..since its a thrush bearing.
for the spooling. i guess around 4000 RPM to 6000RPM full boost. depending on ure setup intercooler and exhaust piping..

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
based on my experience on my kancil, IHI spools fast and even give a bit more boost on high rpm because of the ball bearing. While TD04 has a very sharp boost kick like if the boost kick at 4000rpm, it would boost it right to your maximum boost in seconds. but make sure u have the right model of IHI turbine or the boost wont kick at all because of lag and also it tends to kaput when u high boosting.. :slug: happy boosting..

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The late 80s and early and mid 90s are considered to be the 'golden era of motorsport', in the world of four wheels Ayrton Senna was amazing the world with his magic and a manufacturers war at the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters between Mercedes and BMW created a cult following that is still alive today.

Over the years there have been plenty of videos celebrating this 'golden era of DTM' racing and a number of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience