If DYNO DYNAMIC landed in kuantan???

^kenji^

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
kl
will it be supported by local east-cost motorsport kaki? it will be a premium tuning pro shop,with 4wd dyno dynamic running,and premium product selling! :wavey:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Premium product barely can sell in Kuantan. Premium replica maybe. Most people using 2WD and there is 1 shop having 2WD dyno machine which I rarely see people run dyno at most days in a year. Dyno tuning maybe can do but then again, not many people willing to pay the money.

If you open a premium car tuning shop and a cafe next to it at the same time, maybe can make some money. Or, open an exhaust shop that can custom make titanium piping for exhaust or intake.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i know kuantan got a lot of powerfull cars and workshop..sure that would help them to tune their car better? :adore:

^kenji^

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
kl
it cover kelantan,ganu,kuantan motorsport user? if u were living in those states,will u come over "here" or drive up all the way to KL..! and yet it depend on how good and famous about the tuner as well..but just assume that "distance" come first,and may did the same good job as bigboy tuner? will u >?

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
You can come to Kuantan and survey by yourself. The best business motorsports shop is that one which selling almost 100% China shit. For premium stuffs, how many you can sell and how long can the fans able to continuously support? I have a friend open a shop for selling Carbon Fiber car parts. Shop full of CF hoods, fenders and all kind of shit. Premium shop. And another one who open an high end home audio shop. Both profit combine together can't even match 20% of the shop that selling cheap sht. Youngsters nowadays willing to spend their money on clubbing or little cosmetic things for their car.

Again, just go to Kuantan and survey for yourselves. People willing to get halfcut or imitation parts more than genuine premium priced product. I believe if eastern avenue still with this forum, you can ask him for oppinion.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

You can come to Kuantan and survey by yourself. The best business motorsports shop is that one which selling almost 100% China shit. For premium stuffs, how many you can sell and how long can the fans able to continuously support? I have a friend open a shop for selling Carbon Fiber car parts. Shop full of CF hoods, fenders and all kind of shit. Premium shop. And another one who open an high end home audio shop. Both profit combine together can't even match 20% of the shop that selling cheap sht. Youngsters nowadays willing to spend their money on clubbing or little cosmetic things for their car.

Again, just go to Kuantan and survey for yourselves. People willing to get halfcut or imitation parts more than genuine premium priced product. I believe if eastern avenue still with this forum, you can ask him for oppinion.

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
csl bro...does it still stand until today? i was there between 2001-2002 and 2nd tour on 2005-2007. during those years...yes u are right., but if it's still on the same frame...aiyo...

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
having all d premium stuffs available BUT if u dun haf an able hand 2 handle all d stuffs(dyno tuning,engine building + setting,suspension set up,etc)....i'd say 4get it....so,unless u haf an able hand n haf a reputation ppl can rely on,u got a chance......NOT may ppl willing 2 spend a bomb on car mods,dis is a very niche market here in d east coast...unlike Klang Valley or JB perhaps......niche is still a market.....I personally send my car 2 do in KL/S'gor n i know of a few who does d same too.....so wether ur able 2 capture dis bunch of customer is entirely up 2 wat u haf 2 offer......frm my personal experience,i've had enuff of bad experience whn i comes 2 PROPER engine building/modding over here......normal repair or maintenance work of coz no problem.....but major stuffs,no ONE here is allowed 2 touch my car......not dat i'm picky...but so far NO ONE here can proof 2 me they can do a decent job...
well,gd luck 2 u thn..

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
If I'm opening a business there, the only thing that strikes my mind is to build 1 workshop's race car.. let's say drag la.. ok, now got 1 drag car. Then go n join ALL drag events held over there. Kalah menang blakang cerita, but once u're in that line, people will recognize u and certainly become ur customer. Correct me if i'm wrong, as for me, MOST malaysian thinking is like this : if u're in motorsports, meaning then u're capable of building race machine for customers. And then from there improve work quality. Go n ask those tuners out there, kuar2 kolej trus pandai ka?

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
IMHO not really..
opening this type of business does not depend entirely on how famous you are on track..and how many events carried out at one place thus attracting future customers and inadvertently promoting your capability and let alone losing or winning in any event.
to me, business depends entirely on market and surrounding that influences the people there.
you have got to read CSL previous post..then you'll understand a bit.

and my mentality does not include in your presumably MOST Malaysian thinking. sorry ya. :biggrin:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Kenji, I got 1 friend (1 of the most famous exhaust shop in Kuantan. Selling tuning parts too) thought wanna expand business which touch premium line as well. You can PM me for contact. I believe that he may have something that you need. And regardless what, I'll support you a bit if you open a shop in Kuantan. What I want is the guaranty of genuine parts and sell at near KL price. Now I buy parts only from ST Wangan and no where else cuz other place don't know which is real and which is fake.

As for tuner, a Malay guy (I forgot his name) came back from USA, he had started opening shops. He is quite ok and very friendly. His car win last drag race held in Kuantan few months back. The lambo in his workshop don't know finished yet or not. But that night I saw few heavily modded EK got tuned at his shop next to new JPJ building in Kuantan. He charged my friend for tuning his turbo car with EMU for about 1/3 of what KL charging right now. I swear 4 people go to starbuck and have a drink + a cake/pie will end up paying more.

I wish you all the best.

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
IMHO not really..
opening this type of business does not depend entirely on how famous you are on track..and how many events carried out at one place thus attracting future customers and inadvertently promoting your capability and let alone losing or winning in any event.
to me, business depends entirely on market and surrounding that influences the people there.
you have got to read CSL previous post..then you'll understand a bit.

and my mentality does not include in your presumably MOST Malaysian thinking. sorry ya. :biggrin:

That's my point, not entirely. But that's the effort + I can enjoy motorsports while doing business. Still, cust confidence ain't easy to gain but at least if I'm a familiar face on events, cust will surely recognize and from there it starts. Part of it words from mouth to mouth. I didn't meant to sapu all cust, I'm more focusing on my niche market.. Means, i got less competitor.

and, u don't need to say sorry bro, u've yet to do anything wrong :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:itsme:i wanna up my l2s boost but....all my engine still ori....turbo also didnt change yet...who can teach me how 2 modifi my kancil up too 80-100 House power....>.<
:love:
this 1 always is my dream~100hp l2s kancil...

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

list out all the things need 2 put in...n need find who in penang here 2 help me done it....
pls...
all is the best~!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience