Idling problems....again

zackdihaw

Sep 23, 2006
Hi guys,

Ive had problems with my idling(engine stops when unstable) for quite sometime. I took the effort to take my Altezza to Trial and got the MAF sensor replaced with a new one. Magically the problem got fixed instantly.....it was happy times for a few weeks until it got worse. Now whenever I go over (usually at >50kmh) potholes, speed bumps or uneven roads, engine check light comes on and throttle body stops responding. I usually will just stop the car by the roadside, turn off the engine and turn it back on. This fixed the problem temporarily, but another pothole, throttle weng again. It happened 5 times during my trip from KL to JB yesterday. Very dangerous since I was crusing over 120kph.....

Just came back from the workshop and diagnosed the car and it came out that there was a fault/error reading with my throttle body motor. Other parts came out with no faults. It could not be reset or fixed, I was told. I was advised to look for a new throttle body.....Dont know how much it will cost (too afraid to ask with wife beside me that time)

Anybody had the same problem....how was it solved? Should I start looking for a new replacement or halfcuts....? Im just afraid if buy a new one, and it turned out it was not the throttle body....huiishh...i can go pokai....what do you think guys...?

RS 200 Beams, Auto, year 2002

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
if u need the used tb from chopshop let me know..i can pass u my buddy contact number to you. he is at cheras/chan sow lin areas....

for ur case, it happen when u hit something...so either the tb itself wanna fail edi...or there is some loosen wiring/connector. plz check all sensor connectors 1st before u replace the said sensor

u can pm me.

putochip0123

Known Member
Oct 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
another victim for throttle body.

well, check the connector for all sensor if there is any unplugged. if there are non. then most probably throttle body issue.

zackdihaw

Sep 23, 2006
thanks guys...i'm sending in my car to the workshop this evening to do another check while looking for a new/2nd hand throttle body as another option....

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
mine to share what year is your car manufactured ?
i wonder if this is a common prob with certain batch of tezzas.

zackdihaw

Sep 23, 2006
Manufactured 2002....

Today test drove to KL and back to jb...no problem at all, idling very smooth. Did nothing actually. Just went to my workshop and the mechanic open the bonnet, looked around inside and touched a few things. Suddenly got better. Magic....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

for questions regarding TITAN products, who am I supposed to PM, 'cause I usually work at night, so can't call to the office 'cause its closed by the time I wake up.....

my question is, I'm now using GAB sports absorbers + original springs (cause GAB don't have sports springs, just the absorbers) for my A31 Cefiro, is there any TITAN springs that can fit in it? or can custome made the springs to fit my absorbers in TITAN? What I want is those thin springs (similar like those on the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience