ICV sensor aka stepper motor

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

resh9999

Known Member
Guys what would be the symptoms of stepper failing . This are the symptoms I am having .
1. Car jerk or semput
2. When aircond is on the timing going up n down .
a431d83a755c977c5a960eae7e86b0a9.jpg
1474807106e857cc901d9147ae48d356.jpg

I clean the throttle body and the sensor with throttle body cleaner , slight improvement . Can it be air flow sensor ? It was change 2 years ago and the gear got stuck at 3 or the Neutral lite was blinking before changing .Thanks

1) start yr car and idle
2) turn yr steering wheel, rpm should go up.

If it fails to go up, time to chg the stepper motor.

MAF fails symptom - in gear acceleration, pedal to metal, boost swings up and down. Check engine light on. Switch aircond on, engine dies.

Thank You . Stutzedward there were once you gave details how you clean the MAF in the old forum. Any chance to repost here

Oh. It's not me. I never never never advise ppl to clean the MAF sensor. It's too fragile and many ended up spoiling it after cleaning. Even using MAF sensor spray will damage it. Ah Wah always tell me never touch it. So pls don't clean it.

Noted n thanks

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

My car rpm is only moving slightly when the steering is turn . So it must be steeper motor

Oh. It's not me. I never never never advise ppl to clean the MAF sensor. It's too fragile and many ended up spoiling it after cleaning. Even using MAF sensor spray will damage it. Ah Wah always tell me never touch it. So pls don't clean it.

Yup, even my mechanic told me to be careful with this, if DIY cleaning air filter or doing something around the MAF.....:driver:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom