China oxygen sensor

brokenjars

brokenjars

Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Anybody tried buying china oxygen sensor before? Anyone bought before and is it ok?

I tried to find new oxygen sensor for my car, its a nissan primera P12 engine. The sensor connector is light blue color, with 3 wires. Couldnt find original or branded oem sensor. All i can find is china brand or no brand oxygen sensor from china..

Reactions: Tom

Anybody tried buying china oxygen sensor before? Anyone bought before and is it ok?

I tried to find new oxygen sensor for my car, its a nissan primera P12 engine. The sensor connector is light blue color, with 3 wires. Couldnt find original or branded oem sensor. All i can find is china brand or no brand oxygen sensor from china..
Never replaced O2 sensor before but my brother bought a sensor for W124 throttle body thing. 1/4 price of ori or branded product,so far it works. Thats about 1 year plus ago but car is seldom driven.

If not mistaken, 3 wire means yours have heater where it helps the sensor reach operating temp quicker for emission purpose. O2 sensor is kinda universal actually. problem is finding one with the same connector as your current one.

I did share in this forum that i bought a coil plug connector for my 1.8 waja. Took me about few hours searching in shopee using multiple keywords before discovering its the same connector for 1JZ,2JZ, and some toyota engine.

brokenjars

brokenjars

Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Never replaced O2 sensor before but my brother bought a sensor for W124 throttle body thing. 1/4 price of ori or branded product,so far it works. Thats about 1 year plus ago but car is seldom driven.

If not mistaken, 3 wire means yours have heater where it helps the sensor reach operating temp quicker for emission purpose. O2 sensor is kinda universal actually. problem is finding one with the same connector as your current one.

I did share in this forum that i bought a coil plug connector for my 1.8 waja. Took me about few hours searching in shopee using multiple keywords before discovering its the same connector for 1JZ,2JZ, and some toyota engine.
Yeah i did search..the connector memang only nissan use. And nissan rarely use this connector except for some jdm nissan like the primeras.

I tried to push the connecting pin out from the socket, macam cannot without breaking something.. If can, then i will just buy any brand 3 wire oxygen sensor, rearrange the wires correctly and used back my old connector.

Or i cut the wires near the connector (not near the sensor) and soldered it to another 3 wire oxygen sensor? Dunno will this method cause inaccurate O2 readings..

Yeah i did search..the connector memang only nissan use. And nissan rarely use this connector except for some jdm nissan like the primeras.

I tried to push the connecting pin out from the socket, macam cannot without breaking something.. If can, then i will just buy any brand 3 wire oxygen sensor, rearrange the wires correctly and used back my old connector.

Or i cut the wires near the connector (not near the sensor) and soldered it to another 3 wire oxygen sensor? Dunno will this method cause inaccurate O2 readings..
Not an issue if u solder. just use the electrical shrink protector then use back the old high temp conduit.

U can try removing the pin but risk of breaking the pin holder is very2 high.

Reactions: Tom

brokenjars

brokenjars

Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Just checked. No way to remove the pin without special tool. Anybody knows which car model is using 3 wires O2 sensor? I checked perodua, proton, toyota, honda all not using 3 wires.

Preve, Suprima, and Exora bold are using 3 wires if not mistaken.

Even if 4 wires, u just need to know which u need to use.