Hyundai i10's audio

TheDuckster

Known Member
Jun 18, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
forum.lowyat.net
Hey ZTH,
A bit of an update: I am getting a '09 Hyundai i10 for RM22k.
It's completely stock, with even the service history being done completely at Hyundai service centres for 5 years straight. Since it was not even my choice to begin with and I disliked it (I actually tried to recommend a Hyundai Getz and a blue i10 for the same price but was met with loads of reason), I actually decide to just keep it stock and not do anything with it.
However, when test driving, I realize that the stock audio system is probably the WORST i heard :banghead: , worse than the Myvi's.
So I was thinking about retrofitting an aftermarket head unit with USB (with GPS if possible) + speakers and tweeters for my ears' sake (and future buyer) :smokin:

So how much will an aftermarket audio system affect RV of the car, and if not much, which one should I get and which shop do you recommend?
I live nearby Cheras Sentral and listen to practically any song, from classic to J-pop to techno/trance, so the entire range must be covered. I prefer surround stereo sound.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
it will not affect RV...unless the buyer appreciate what you have done..
normally they wont...modified cars are a no no to second hand buyers...

of course its stereo (left and right)...and by surround do you means add rear speaker, 4 or 5(additional centre speaker for front staging)?
if it have GPS, for sure it ill have DVD..
you might want to install subwoofer to make it 5.1..true DVD movie experience..
that way you need amplifier...

do it good, or don't do it at all...

care to mention the budget?

Recommended shops are EA Autoworks, Bukit Jalil....and CV audio, Uptown Damansara...
I've would also recommend Fancy Audio, Section 9 Shah Alam, if you got hefty wallet..

(:hmmmm:why people love to install tweeter...without subwoofer...it will pierce your ear..)

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
You need to state your budget, give Howie Choo a call. Visit EA Autoworks, get him to suggest what could be packaged within your wallet.

And yes, he could arrange an audition of various components if needed.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bro, in your current financial state, I'm sorry to say this but you can't afford a system that is any better than stock.

If you like I can pass you my old stock Nissan speakers and you can try it to see if it's any better than your stock speakers.

ICE (in-car-entertainment) is a very expensive hobby - so my advice is don't get poisoned. So avoid people with a fully spec-ed out ICE system. It's impossible to cure this poison. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Save money to buy house 1st better, since car is finance by parents now, u can save up whatever u have for a house.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
If u try hard enough, get the whole Persona Elegance's sound system.
Its good for stock and for stock, its probably not sought after, so its cheap.
AUX, USB. Bass and sound are good enough without banging the whole car.

Then try to DIY. So no need to spend money.
Not sure how big the existing holes are in i10 lol

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Totally agree with Izso, after reading your other thread. It make absolute sense you have no better reason to start i.c.e

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Good sound quality is not cheap, bro. There is no limit to good quality ICE, but there is (always) limit to budget.
Set your budget realistically and work it out from there.

Be careful not to get your head chopped buying ICE. ICE can be an expensive affair, and easily poisoned. Some ppl spent ICE until the cost exceeded the price of the car.

TheDuckster

Known Member
Jun 18, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
forum.lowyat.net
it will not affect RV...unless the buyer appreciate what you have done..
normally they wont...modified cars are a no no to second hand buyers...

of course its stereo (left and right)...and by surround do you means add rear speaker, 4 or 5(additional centre speaker for front staging)?
if it have GPS, for sure it ill have DVD..
you might want to install subwoofer to make it 5.1..true DVD movie experience..
that way you need amplifier...

do it good, or don't do it at all...

care to mention the budget?

Recommended shops are EA Autoworks, Bukit Jalil....and CV audio, Uptown Damansara...
I've would also recommend Fancy Audio, Section 9 Shah Alam, if you got hefty wallet..

(:hmmmm:why people love to install tweeter...without subwoofer...it will pierce your ear..)
not sure about how it works, that's y i had to ask... I got RM3k for a previous 2 months work to spare here.

If u try hard enough, get the whole Persona Elegance's sound system.
Its good for stock and for stock, its probably not sought after, so its cheap.
AUX, USB. Bass and sound are good enough without banging the whole car.

Then try to DIY. So no need to spend money.
Not sure how big the existing holes are in i10 lol
Persona? with USB? definitely a try when i have the time! :five:

Totally agree with Izso, after reading your other thread. It make absolute sense you have no better reason to start i.c.e

Good sound quality is not cheap, bro. There is no limit to good quality ICE, but there is (always) limit to budget.
Set your budget realistically and work it out from there.
Be careful not to get your head chopped buying ICE. ICE can be an expensive affair, and easily poisoned. Some ppl spent ICE until the cost exceeded the price of the car.
Got it. :driver:
----------------
For now, I will just use headphones, and will try to DIY with stock Persona speakers when i can.
I'm still open for recommendations tho.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
not sure about how it works, that's y i had to ask... I got RM3k for a previous 2 months work to spare here.

Persona? with USB? definitely a try when i have the time! :five:

Got it. :driver:
----------------
For now, I will just use headphones, and will try to DIY with stock Persona speakers when i can.
If theres a will, theres a way! Even stock HU can add AUX and USB retrofit. Few wires to tap and splice. If you are keen enough...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
ICE is easy to install compared to engine mods.

Since you have 3K to spend, you're probably better off to keep the money in the event you come across issues with the car. It's not a new car and it's not from someone you know, there's bound to be issues with oil seals, gaskets and what not.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
ICE is easy to install compared to engine mods.

Since you have 3K to spend, you're probably better off to keep the money in the event you come across issues with the car. It's not a new car and it's not from someone you know, there's bound to be issues with oil seals, gaskets and what not.
Bushes and mountings!!!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Brother, never use headphones when driving. You cannot hear any outside sound.....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

no need to change the head unit, just change the speakers & add a amplifier. get your dad to pay for it since he choose the car for you.
But what he wants is a HU with USB. Not that expensive nowadays. I think RM400 plus can get dy...:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

nth...just thinking is it posible to tint the car window with DIY?but actually how they do this?i mean the worker at the shop....i am planning to tint my car film...but dunno where is the best shop for reasonable price la....any one can help?or any DIYer here noe how to do this?thanks thanks thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience