How to start build the model car??

masta_hafiz

Known Member
Jan 15, 2007
to all bro...

i just buy evo VII(fujimi)...not started to build it...i just wanna know what tools to use to build the model?it is use glue?how bout spray?can modified the model?where i wanna buy the accessories?
help me to start build this model...
tq masta hafiz

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
i used to build all this b4.. not so much though.. juz for fun..

heres the standard tools u need

- cutters (pliers cutter with sharp end)
- tweezers
- blades (normal ones)
- fine modelling file (kikir parut)
- cement glue (water base)
- spray for that particular type of plastic model. It got state in the manual.
- and lots n lots of patience... :_:

u can find most of the stuffs at hardware shops... but also at hobby miniature shops in MV (topfloor), Tamiya Undeground at one utama basement B2 new wing. cheers

masta_hafiz

Known Member
Jan 15, 2007
bro foargeez..thanx a lot..but confuse bout glue..can i use the no plate glue???
tq masta hafiz

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
that is cholofrom.. not easy gonna get that cuz ppl normally misuse that chemical for other purposes.. i advice the best is u get special 'cement glue' for yr modelling to achieve nice finishing... get those brand like Mr.Hobby... gonna cost u around 12bucks+- only..

gtmaniac

Known Member
Sep 17, 2004
Putrajaya
..and carefull applying the cement on painted parts, or the paint will melt. Tamiya cement is the best I've used.

Btw, it is easier to (spray)paint the parts first, before detaching them from their holder. Best result usually takes a day or two - undisturbed - to finish a basic 1:24 kit. So be patience.

I assumed this kit is without the engine detailing, rite?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Gtmaniac, you mean finish up a 1:24 model in 2 days non stop.....I will die....:retarded: If stop and continue will takes you quite sometimes bro. Depends wether you have a lot of free time ir not..Like me, My 2006 D1 Blitz ER34 still not completed yet. The kit was bought on CNY until now still not finished.....Aih....but it will be soon....

And also like others said you must have a lot of patience and no shaky hands...My hands always a bit shaky when painting very small parts..very dangerous...cause will mis cue and acidently painted other parts...Hahaha....

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Can i ask ???

How about stickers ???

I know with have to put them in water n then ???

When i tried to paste it didnt stick n kalau glue... dont ask la.

encikmasen

Known Member
Jul 8, 2005
Bangi
Can i ask ???

How about stickers ???

I know with have to put them in water n then ???

When i tried to paste it didnt stick n kalau glue... dont ask la.

after u put it into water, just slide the sticker out from its paper to the place where u want to put the sticker..i recommend u to use a tweezer..it'll be a lil bit easier..after that pat it dry with clean cloth..make sure all the bubbles are removed..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
DK2, just like Mr. Masen said use a tweezer. those type of sticker quite delicate wan, cannot pull the sticker too hard it will tear wan.

gtmaniac

Known Member
Sep 17, 2004
Putrajaya
Gtmaniac, you mean finish up a 1:24 model in 2 days non stop.....I will die....:retarded: If stop and continue will takes you quite sometimes bro. Depends wether you have a lot of free time ir not..Like me, My 2006 D1 Blitz ER34 still not completed yet. The kit was bought on CNY until now still not finished.....Aih....but it will be soon....

And also like others said you must have a lot of patience and no shaky hands...My hands always a bit shaky when painting very small parts..very dangerous...cause will mis cue and acidently painted other parts...Hahaha....
Titan,

Yep, 2 days - but depend on certain model. But the longest one i built is a bike - 1:12 Yamaha FZR750R 0W01 - a week.. very detailed, up to separate spark-plugs & cables!

Here some of the models & duration i took (all 1:24 scale):

Tamiya
Renault 5 Turbo - 2 days
Mazda MX-5 Miata - 2 days - very simple.. like the real car.
Efini RX-7 FD - 3 days
Nissan 300ZX Z32 - 4 days
Nissan 180SX - 2 days
Nissan 300ZX Z32 (again) - 5 days (converted to cabrio!)
Honda-Mugen Civic 1.5Si (SB4) - 3 days (minus all stickers)
Ferrari Testarossa - DNF.. broken/lost engine parts & rear suspensions.. got angry on this one..:X-:
Yamaha FZR750R (bike) - nearly 8 days..
1964 Mini Cooper Mk1 1275 - 3 days
Toyota Celsior (Lexus LS400) - 3 days

Fujimi
Honda CRX Si Glass Top - 3 days
Lambo Countach 25th Anniversary - 5 days
Ferrari 288 GTO - 5 days
BMW M3 E30 - 3 days
Rover Mini Cooper 1.3i - 3 days

Hasegawa
Honda Civic SiR EG6 (red) - 3 days

.. and few unit more I forgot.

The one that more than 3 days are models with detailed engines. All models assembled between 1987 - 1996. After that, got no time to assemble anymore got old & busy with my wife, kids & works.. hahaha..

Stickers - dip in WARM (not hot) water for 15/20 secs - not too long. Cut piece-by-piece. Make sure it didn't separate from it's back in the water. For meter cluster, normally I trim the excess a little bit, cause (sometimes) it's too big to be put inside the meter panel.

Philip

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
hello guys..

i'm very new to scale modeling too and i just bought a fujimi gtr32..bought it coz its one of the cheaper ones and it doesn't look that complicated compare to others..

one question..is it necessary to get it spray painted?its a black gtr and it comes with black base coat..so i was thinking i'd just get the other necessary part painted onli..

pls advise..

encikmasen

Known Member
Jul 8, 2005
Bangi
hello guys..

i'm very new to scale modeling too and i just bought a fujimi gtr32..bought it coz its one of the cheaper ones and it doesn't look that complicated compare to others..

one question..is it necessary to get it spray painted?its a black gtr and it comes with black base coat..so i was thinking i'd just get the other necessary part painted onli..

pls advise..

for me, if u r really care bout the details, then u can paint each n every part as shown in the manual..if not, then what u say above is enough already..

using spray paint will give u an even layer of paint, coating the car body..but if u want to be creative, u can just use brush n create some matte texture on the car's body..

IMHO, it goes to ones creativeness, how much details u want, n again patient..even for simple model construction, it can take days to complete if u really care bout the details (down to each wire colour, burn mark, smoke mark, weathered chassis, even coffee stains on the seats.. etc)

Philip

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
hi guys..

I'm almost done with my r32 but am not gonna spray paint it...my next one will be a tamiya r33 with pearl white..really love the kit and i dun wanna screw it up..bought one bottle of the pearl white spray can but i'm not sure if its enough for one car?the base colour of the shell is also white..so can i just spray 1-2layers of white would do?no need polish/wax/clear coat right?

sorry banyak questions..hehe..thanks..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Get Dimensions
Width = 9.2
Height = 4.8

Switch
height - 1.9
width - 1.4

Get Materials.
Preferably Aluminium Sheet 0.7 mm or less. . Plexiglass might crack while cutting(Unless you have sum advanced Laser cutting machine.:p) If you're from Seremban, You can get this from Tukang besi..corner shop same row with Dunlop Tyre Shop in Temiang.. Right in front of the Traffic Light
Switches

Prepare...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience