How to purchase a car for cash?

consonar

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
D'sara - S.alam
Visit site
last time... i sell my eg6 to one of young guys...

here my scenario :

FRIDAY
what i do is, i show the car to the buyer, and a proper document (geran, insurance, service & other bills, receipt... etc etc) ... and then buyer do a test drive ... then buyer really syiok then want the car that very night.. lol... i said, have to wait laa, coz i got no car... i tell him, we deal in monday... then i said to take a pics of everything, coz to guarantee that he will get every parts.. (he scared i change parts :p)

SATURDAY
i go balik kampung, borrow car from my father ...

MONDAY
this day, i do everything with him... bring him(the buyer) to puspakom and then do the insurance for him and then tukar nama... and the crazy parts is, he bring 36K cash with him together... damn... i said, u're crazy man... he said, he want the car very bad... then after tukar nama, straight go to bank to bank in that money... scared maaa...

to the TS, it is not hard to buy a 2nd hand car with cash if both of u (seller n buyer) willing to do together... the process just from 8-5 pm only... if u do puspakom earlier (maybe a week or day before) then sure really easy coz have to go to jpj only...

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
My previous car were bough for cash, after making decision the purchase,i was asked to pay some deposits, anywhr btw rm 500 to rm 2000, so we agreed with the deposit and paid rm 1000 in cash, after that he will start with the name transfer n inspection all that, repair n fix the necessary damage. We issued a cheque to the used car of the remaining balanced n waiting about 3 days to be cleared. But it is better to have a bank draft instead of cheque. Make sure the used car is been there for a while or a trusted 1.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
hey guys, sorry for the late update. was kinda busy during the weekend. well, i have got a great news. i successfully bought the car cash without any problems. there were a few nervy moments but that god everything went just fine.

so this is my story of how i bought the car for cash. first see the car n test drove it. next, gave a deep thought on whtr or not to get the car. next, decided to buy the car for cash. paid the owner some deposit to book the car. next, paid the owner a little bit more to proceed with insurance and puspakom. after that, met owner the next day. signed the change name form. went to bank to transfer the money. ended up withdrawing the balance to pay cash. called the owner and told him to meet me first to transfer the money into his account. drove to the place i m supposed to meet him. locked the car and drove as fast as i can to the place i am supposed to meet him. damn scared man!! its a lot of money! waited for him and he showed up a few mins later. while waiting kept looking around to make sure i was not followed and no one comes to the car with a gun! haha. maybe i was too scared and over imagined. but just being careful. owner came, went to bank n transfered the cash to his acc. went to jpj next, transferred the name to my name. checked the grant to make sure everything is ok. shook hands with him and drove home in my car.

not advising u ppl to follow my steps but u can use it as guide. a little trust, a little headache, a little misunderstanding, a little tension will definately take place.

thanks to the seller and those who prayed that all would go well for me. thanks.

regards,
a happy new owner

lol

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
when dealing with alot of money....the must always be a little trust on both sides..
if u feel something is wrong, better not proceed with the transaction..

nic_83

Jun 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Thank you all for all your ideas. I guess I am drawing closer to get my car.

I would be meeting the seller tomorrow to do the inspections and then proceed to JPJ. I have paid the seller a small amount first. Tomorrow, after the inspection, I will pay him the remained in full and take the car home.

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
good to hear things are going well for you nic...hope everything goes according to plan.

nic_83

Jun 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks a lot guys. I managed to get the car by noon. It was really fast. I could even go back to office after lunch. Thank you all for all your inputs.

civic9998

Known Member
Dec 17, 2006
ddv_nk12;1063570375 went to bank n transfered the cash to his acc. went to jpj next said:
Bro,just wanna ask u not worried after tranfer money to his acc then went JPJ when tranfer name got problem?I still worry this part la...

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
i was kinda worried but what to do? i really liked the car. just had to wait and hope for the best. it was risky. furthermore, i was there after 4. jpj closes at 5 and i had about 90+ ppl in front of me when i took my number. nervy but luckily everything went well for me. i wouldnt recommend the way i did my transaction as it was quite risky. i just believed the seller. thats all. the seller i met is also a nice guy. so ... u decide how u want it to be. u can try to saveguard urself more to get the name transfered 1st but i dont think the sellers would agree to it.

civic9998

Known Member
Dec 17, 2006
i was kinda worried but what to do? i really liked the car. just had to wait and hope for the best. it was risky. furthermore, i was there after 4. jpj closes at 5 and i had about 90+ ppl in front of me when i took my number. nervy but luckily everything went well for me. i wouldnt recommend the way i did my transaction as it was quite risky. i just believed the seller. thats all. the seller i met is also a nice guy. so ... u decide how u want it to be. u can try to saveguard urself more to get the name transfered 1st but i dont think the sellers would agree to it.
Bro,thanks for ur input:rolleyes:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
no prob

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've been having engine knocking after sending the car for servicing (changed timing belt and all the V-belts).

Retarded the timing to maximum worked for a while but eventually the knocking came back.
It tends to knock more when the aircond is on and/or going up a slope.
Mainly happens at 1500-2000rpm on gentle acceleration.
Noticed it knocks more during evening drive back from work, almost never knocks in the early morning.

Havent changed spark plugs and been using the same petrol...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience