How to preserve tyres under low usage ?

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
To all sifou's and masters out there,

Currently I'm using Bridgestone Turanza - 205/55/16.

My tyres/threads are still fine and overall I'm happy with them. These tyres provide great grip both under dry and wet conditions. The minus point however, is that they sure are noisy. 170Kmh on an extremely wet road is nothing laa.

The thing is, I usually drive on the weekends only (Mostly outstation), leaving my car to rest from Mon - Fri. Although my car may enjoy the rest, I'm very sure it's not good for my tyres.

So please advise how best to preserve my tyres under such minimal used conditions...

The other thing is, Myself sekarang pakai normal air but intend to change to N2. Is N2 ok for minimally used tyres ?...

Thanks

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Halloooooo.....

Nobody wants to reply my doubtss meh ...?

Tolong laa... share knowledge and experience...

azbro

Known Member
Sep 21, 2008
Never underused my car before...I think it should be OK if use on weekends only...rather than not use the car for months..that will be a different matter

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
from some research i did to bust the myth, difference of using N2 and normal air is next to nothing....though chemistry backing up the fact that N2 molecules are larger than air molecules and the escape rate may be slower, it does not provide the benefit 100% based on the facts...dunno how to explain this but i found out its a waste of money and marketing strategy to lure unsuspecting end users to pay RM5 per tyre of N2. tests were done on track and by race cars and discovered its a total waste of efforts to get N2 just for tires. better have it combusting in the engine =D

on the under used tire part, shud be no problems leaving them sit 5 days a week...just that the effective lifespan and performance of the tire is about a year. any longer would harden the compound aka "expire". i have another car with yoko A.Drives all round, i drive it to tapau lunch n dinner and use it once in 2 weeks....what i do is i lower the pressure so the air doesn't escape too fast n drive slow around town...as tires in general,they're usable and lasts long...just the quality of the tire has a lifespan. just dont leave it under rain and shine...the weather is harsh on the rubber.

wa punyar 2 kupang

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Pocket Rocket,
Thanks alot man. Whatever your 2 kupang also, it's definitely better than nothing.

Frankly speaking, what you shared is something to really think about....

linuskmj

Oct 13, 2008
Best tips for maintaining are to keep it out of the sun if possible, heat is a tyre's worst enemy. On top of that, inflate your tyres regularly (best if once every two weeks), and do tyre rotation every 10,0000 - 12,000 km.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GuO7v-FN0gY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="250" width="335"></iframe>

What Top Gear would look like in the future when all car reviews are done through driving simulators like say, Gran Turismo 10. In this video you'd see Jeremy Clarkson being artificially embedded into the 3D world of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience