how to import parts directly from japan??

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
is there any one know how to import any spare parts directly from japan? any website or forum talk about this.

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
Bro, better don't. It's better u get it or try to find it in Malaysia. I've got one. I bought car part directly from Japan with price USD$196.00 for Apexi Air Intake kit all inluded postage. When that part arrived, i thought it'll arrive in front of my door step. But i've receive a letter from Custom at nearest post office telling that i need to come and take the good.

At the end, i need to pay again for custom around RM200.00 for tax that car part is inluded in tax duty. What a f**k. Can't imagine only for 1 item that's only air filter for car can damage u USD196.00 + RM200.00

If i know from earlier, i'll try to find in Malaysia only.

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
if declare as gift no tax lo hahaha ... remember to insert a birthday card as well haha

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
thats why I picked up some basic japanese language few years ago haha .. self study :) damn useful when surfing japanese site ..

Autopiazza

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Selangor
orgazmopiazza.com
Bro, better don't. It's better u get it or try to find it in Malaysia. I've got one. I bought car part directly from Japan with price USD$196.00 for Apexi Air Intake kit all inluded postage. When that part arrived, i thought it'll arrive in front of my door step. But i've receive a letter from Custom at nearest post office telling that i need to come and take the good.

At the end, i need to pay again for custom around RM200.00 for tax that car part is inluded in tax duty. What a f**k. Can't imagine only for 1 item that's only air filter for car can damage u USD196.00 + RM200.00

what method did u use, by air or by sea? EMS?

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
i always buy stuffs from ebay and never kena taxed. here's the first 'law' u gotta adhere. Amount declared no more than RM500 including shipping charges. do the maths first before u buy. u can ask the seller to declare the goods cheaper. Let's say the item is around USD 180 which is already above RM500 (exchange rate as per PayPal is around 3.2). ask the seller to declare it to around USD 80-100. take note of the shipping costs as well as they are fixed and printed in the parcel together with the custom's declaration form. don't think the customs are stupid too. let's say u buy a new muffler. u wanna declare it under RM500? hahaha... they'll give u a call. I bought a piece of camshaft before... after convert together with freight charges, it amounted to around RM600+. kena taxed la but my fren working at the custom... can easily kaw tim. think before u buy... RM500... keep that in mind.

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
what method did u use, by air or by sea? EMS?

Autopiazza, i bought it using air courier. Only takes for 5 days.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

i always buy stuffs from ebay and never kena taxed. here's the first 'law' u gotta adhere. Amount declared no more than RM500 including shipping charges. do the maths first before u buy. u can ask the seller to declare the goods cheaper. Let's say the item is around USD 180 which is already above RM500 (exchange rate as per PayPal is around 3.2). ask the seller to declare it to around USD 80-100. take note of the shipping costs as well as they are fixed and printed in the parcel together with the custom's declaration form. don't think the customs are stupid too. let's say u buy a new muffler. u wanna declare it under RM500? hahaha... they'll give u a call. I bought a piece of camshaft before... after convert together with freight charges, it amounted to around RM600+. kena taxed la but my fren working at the custom... can easily kaw tim. think before u buy... RM500... keep that in mind.
j_l200s, Thanks for the info bro. I really appreciated it. :adore::adore::adore:

mark_andrews

Known Member
May 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
is there any one know how to import any spare parts directly from japan? any website or forum talk about this.
well right now it is not easy to get parts from japan due to the recent calamities that struck them., I think you should find alternative options online, there are lot of auto parts stores that can provide the parts you need.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

but if transit to singapore (get your fren to rcv on your behalf then courier to) malaysia cheaper rite?