How to dispute Speeding summons??

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
Instead of appealing for lower fines, am thinking of disputing and not pay at all.
Background:
When I search the net, I found this summon:
KAJANG(H/LANGAT) Report:1-ZZ715649 17/03/2007 09:10am
1. SPEEDING RM300.00

I don't think I am liable cos I'm headed to LCCT and by 8.45am only reach LCCT. By 9 something only left KLIA tol back towards KL.
Why I'm so clear because after LCCT I dropped by petronas (opposite sepang circuit) on the way back and was drooling over the Sepang Wajas and Putras (safety, medics, patrol cars) preparing for F1.

Have not recieved the actual summons yet.
Would they send the summon and is photo shot included??

:angry_smile:

Attachments

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Provided u pay 10bucks (if the price didnt change) for the photo..hehe..
If you do not want to pay.. go to the court and fight.. my fren won it b4..
Good Luck..

drMpower

May 1, 2006
disputing speeding ticket?

I knew one fella (he is a doctor in engineering) who got away freely from speeding fine.

he got fined and the summon arrived at this home. but he didn't want to pay the fine and wanted to go to the court instead. the brilliant thing he did was to check the speeding gun used by police to detect his speed at that time he was fined.

he asked for permission from the court to send the speeding gun for calibration. and, viola. the calibration centre found that the speeding gun was not properly functioning and there were mistakes there and there.

so, the fella got through.

that is the good part. the not so good part is that, the whole process was like 6-8 months, and to think about going to court many times and lawyers and tensions, bla-bla-bla, I think RM300 is already a bargain ;)

hey...polismen give discount what...you may get reduction to RM80 (in Sungai Petani PD)

but, if you feel that you got a solid case, then just go straight to court. no problem.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
go to court? sometimes the delay is when "they" dont appear in court. excuse like tak dapat locate officer, officer transfered, blah, blah, blah,..

Cannonfodder

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
Tak dapat officer, officer hilang, case is dismissed.

Not your prerogative to get all parties to appear in court.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
another thing...why RM300??
I thought they reduced the fine amount already?!

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
pergi balai to reduce/appeal.

yes you can.

Tak dapat officer, officer hilang, case is dismissed.
Not your prerogative to get all parties to appear in court.
yes, it not our prerogative but their "non-appearence" at court are simply wasting our time. once I had to attend 6-7 court schedules just to get a proper hearing as those cows just dont respect our system. all sort of excuses were given. sigh.

anychance to have an ultimatum by the magistrate to those chaps to attend as scheduled (court)?............. hahahahaaha