How To Dismantle the Saga LMSS meter housing

suchap69

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
anyone had tried to open up the new Saga LMSS meter housing?

i want to install a dimmer so that i can dim the spotlight within the meter housing during long night driving, the light is so bright that it tires up ur eyes especially when ur driving in unlit trunk road

anybody wanna share the experience?

frcgrey

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
selangor
hi,
try to ask the EON see whether they can help you or not...
because as i knew that those L.E.D light bulbs can't add any dimmer to dimm it...
or do you hav any friend who had learned before those electronical course??if got then ask them,maybe they can modify it for you...
GOOD LUCK...! ;)

I

Indecided

Who says LEDs cant be dimmed? LEDs are as easy to dim as child's play is to us adults. Wire a 500 ohm/1k ohm potentimeter up to the lighting input.

Diagram wise, pretty simple. But i can't teach you how to rewire the unit because i dont' drive a saga. :)

suchap69

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Indecided said:
Who says LEDs cant be dimmed? LEDs are as easy to dim as child's play is to us adults. Wire a 500 ohm/1k ohm potentimeter up to the lighting input.

Diagram wise, pretty simple. But i can't teach you how to rewire the unit because i dont' drive a saga. :)
i know how to put in the potentiometer, just that i don't know how to open up the meter cluster, and afraid that i might broken it, can't see any screw.

thanks for all posts anyway

extreem

Jun 21, 2005
johor
my friend only put the black tinted for headlamp to the meter panel..then the bright will kurang and comfort when drive ......have nice diy.....

suchap69

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
extreem said:
my friend only put the black tinted for headlamp to the meter panel..then the bright will kurang and comfort when drive ......have nice diy.....
i've done that bro,

put one layer, slightly dimmer but still hard on me eyes
the i put two layer, can't see anything during daytime
so i revert back to one layer but still tiring

my best solution now is to put black/dark cloth, still can barely see the orange needle, i know when the needle is 12 o'clock the speed is bout 100, 12.10 = 110kmh

sapa2ler

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
no need to open the housing.......

u can dimm the light..... on ur headlight........ press the meter reset button, will make light brighter or dimmer

** meter reset button function **

- to reset meter (headlamp is off)
- to dimm or bright the meter light (headlamp must be on)

LAWRENCE_Q

Known Member
Feb 13, 2004
JB
Visit site
sapa2ler said:
no need to open the housing.......

u can dimm the light..... on ur headlight........ press the meter reset button, will make light brighter or dimmer

** meter reset button function **

- to reset meter (headlamp is off)
- to dimm or bright the meter light (headlamp must be on)
got such secret behind???? mz try :regular_smile:

suchap69

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
nice to see replies after a long time

mine is actually lmst so the tripmeter reset button is a push button type as it is digital, is this tweak still applicable?

thanks for the replies anyway

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just install the alpine speaker which is mounted to the door trim. The door trim now vibrate when medium bass kick in.

What is the best solution to reduce the vibration?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience