How to choose engine oil?

MTZ

Dec 23, 2014
Bangi
Huh. Most common means most used, so reliable and plenty here. In Malaysia at least.
Alright. Thanks for the information. I'll try to have a go with one of that Kendall soon. Oh by the way, which engine flush would you suggest?

Last edited:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Alright. Thanks for the information. I'll try to have a go with one of that Kendall soon. Oh by the way, which engine flush would you suggest?
Have u been using genuine engine oil? And also change oil within 5,000km?
If yes, engine flush is a waste of money. Just change engine oil within 5,000km no matter fully syn or semi or mineral.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hello Seniors,

Been going quickly thru this thread, seen some of you suggesting Motul, Castrol, Shell engine oil. 5W30, 5W40, 10W40 and all. I was wondering if somebody could suggest me between Shell or Petronas engine oil for my stock 1.3GL Satria and Saga BLM? 10W40 or 10W30?

I read some forums saying it depends on the driver themselves in determine which engine oil suits them, but i've only used Castrol and Petronas before and not noticing or knowing much benefit from either one of them.
Hope to get enlighten from you seniors.

Cheers.:stupid:
Hmm... stock right? Then whatever brand you buy, as long as it's a reputable brand and original - 10W40 or 10W30 will be fine la. I personally wouldn't use Magnatec for reasons known to me only, but any other brand will be fine.

If you really want to feel a difference in the oils, try going for 0W30. You'll feel really broke cuz the oil is so much more expensive than 10W30.

:biggrin:

MTZ

Dec 23, 2014
Bangi
Have u been using genuine engine oil? And also change oil within 5,000km?
If yes, engine flush is a waste of money. Just change engine oil within 5,000km no matter fully syn or semi or mineral.
Engine oil genuine so far. That is the thing, mine kinda exceed 5,000km with the Satria. Thinking of flushin it. Any recommendation?:hmmmm:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hello Seniors,

Been going quickly thru this thread, seen some of you suggesting Motul, Castrol, Shell engine oil. 5W30, 5W40, 10W40 and all. I was wondering if somebody could suggest me between Shell or Petronas engine oil for my stock 1.3GL Satria and Saga BLM? 10W40 or 10W30?

I read some forums saying it depends on the driver themselves in determine which engine oil suits them, but i've only used Castrol and Petronas before and not noticing or knowing much benefit from either one of them.

Engine oil genuine so far. That is the thing, mine kinda exceed 5,000km with the Satria. Thinking of flushin it. Any recommendation?:hmmmm:
Mineral or semi? If mineral how often have you been using mineral? Have you checked for leaks and all? A good engine flush will dislodge sludge and all that so if you had sludge blocking a leak or a hole somewhere, flushing your engine will make it leak.

Anyway as for recommendations, I highly recommend the bluechem engine flush. That one is pretty awesome. Otherwise the CRC engine flush will do as well.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Mineral or semi? If mineral how often have you been using mineral? Have you checked for leaks and all? A good engine flush will dislodge sludge and all that so if you had sludge blocking a leak or a hole somewhere, flushing your engine will make it leak.

Anyway as for recommendations, I highly recommend the bluechem engine flush. That one is pretty awesome. Otherwise the CRC engine flush will do as well.
If afraid of what bro. Izso mentioned on the sludge and leak, you can also buy a cheap single grade 30 weight oil, change the oil, run with it for a while then drain and then pour in your preferred oil....:driver:

MTZ

Dec 23, 2014
Bangi

Been using semi, just did a repair on a leakage few months ago. Thanks for the insight Izso, I just did the service without flush. I'll take note of bluechem when it comes to engine flush. Thanks again.

Last edited:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Been using semi, just did a repair on a leakage few months ago. Thanks for the insight Izso, I just did the service without flush. I'll take note of bluechem when it comes to engine flush. Thanks again.
Rarely there will be sludge.
Unless everytime high rev with 15,000km OCI(Oil change interval). For years.
Within 10,000km normal driving you will get away with it.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hello Seniors,

Just use 10W40, easy to find with the most choices of brands. You can just pick any trusted brands (Mobil/Shell/Castrol/Total/Mitsubishi Oil/Petronas/Bardhal) which are on promotion such as in Tesco or AEON (usually around rm80/4ltr bottle).

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Hello Seniors,

I would humbly suggest Top 1 besides castrol.
If castrol i'm using the GTX 0W-40. Feel lighter.
But if i can't find one or my money is actually in a weak state and coming to pokai,i'll go for top 1. almost the same. Blue bottle 10W-30.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Rarely there will be sludge.
Unless everytime high rev with 15,000km OCI(Oil change interval). For years.
Within 10,000km normal driving you will get away with it.
NA probably can for 10k km OCI, but for turbo not too good. My engine internal no sludge but darker in color. Have you checked yours?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Based on the Lotus Exige. Powered by a twin-turbo V8 with 1,200hp and 1,537Nm of torque, weighs in at only 1,220kg, and that effectively makes it more powerful than a Veyron. It's able to accelerate to 100km/h in 2.4-seconds, before a hitting a top speed of 440km/h. That my friends, is the Hennessey Venom GT, a true hypercar down to the very last nut...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience