How much to build 300whp B-series NA machine?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
sasuke said:
Shiro, how u get 0.07627968? The way u calculate is like assuming no other upgrade and just change of CC displacement. So it only can use to calculate power on engine? Wat if the owner change cam, port and polish, exhaust system, intake...
Take your (or that person's engine) dyno results (at engine or at wheel, the final number will be like that also), and divide the torque number by displacement. Try converting it to lbs-ft, so you can estimate how much torque in lbs-ft per cc that engine makes, and how much to expect by simply increasing displacement using the everything else unchanged, so if that dyno results are on a modded b16a, then you can calculate the est. horsepower gain by just plonking in a B20B bottom end with similar compression ratio with everything unchanged.

Remember that's it's just an estimate, and the actual may be different as you run into restrictions of your intake and exhaust systems, which might require changes to bigger exhaust piping, bigger manifold, etc. Even your cam duration affects the compression ratio, so you can usually assume 10-30hp difference out of that est. result if you get everything nearly right on parts and tune.

Mine is a little high, which is why when I calculate spoon 11,000 rpm monster, I get 255 instead of near 200hp.

Damn.. gotta get mine dyno'ed on a dynojet one day with correction for a more accurate result.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
hattech-v said:
where fast? cess....
this project for rentung body la....
wanna play drag 400km...
Warghh!! 400km!!? That ATL fuel tank carry enough fuel or not? :P

Oderf

1,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.zerotohundred.com
shiro, errr...no offense ya....just curious la bro...u self employed ka ? i mean work on ur own ? i see u everyday aso got time post good stuff here in zth.....keep it up...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Oderf said:
shiro, errr...no offense ya....just curious la bro...u self employed ka ? i mean work on ur own ? i see u everyday aso got time post good stuff here in zth.....keep it up...
Not actually.. just having holiday now.. that's why sometimes I disappear for days without notice.

My work.. you'll never guess... It's not that great of a pay, and I've to do outside work to earn more.

But before you all start guessing weird stuff, it's not in the hospitality line.. (e.g. gigolo) or something.

Last edited:

shfish

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Must be a Telco engineer....just a wild guess!

vanila

Known Member
May 4, 2006
huhuhh keep on dreminz.... dreminz.... dreminzzz again and again... zzzzzzz X X X
hehehehehe

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
not even close.. I don't really like mathemathics.. they taught a lot at school, but since I didn't see the practical applications at that time.. I slept mostly through it.. only now learning back after becoming so old.. :P

When you guys have a chance to meet me in person, I'll tell you.. :P

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i use wira diesel 2.0 turbo with perdana auto gearbox, im planning to put the wira 1.3 manual gearbox but people say that the car cannot 'go' because diesel have higher torque than petrol. Any suggestion? Can diesel engine convert to petrol?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience