How much difference between BT n SVT?

kher

Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Sori...a bit noob's quest...;)
How much difference will it make in terms of performance between this 2 engine assume that both is 5MT?

As far as i know the factory specs show 5hp diff oni rite if not mistaken? correct me if i'm wrong.
But the hafcut price do make a lot of diff...BT's price can shoot up to few k while svt can be get at 1900-2000++...

AE80TypeD

Nov 24, 2003
its bcoz of the year man.. the year. the value for new model vs old model doesnt only apply to showroom cars. before they potong the cars, even the price from the japanese junkyard will differ between 91 model with 95 model... then the halfcut ppl also pandai2 judge their own "market" price with the typical "aiya newer car more expensive lor" mentality. its not that they are wrong. u're the one who shouldnt judge performance by price alone (not in all cases tho. those skyline n sports cars not included lah of coz :p)

klgauto

Oct 27, 2004
Klang Sentral
www.klgauto.zoomshare.com

yolk

the difference between silvertop and blacktop cannot be seen just based on paper .. in all out performance .. ie drag the blacktop is just slightly faster than silvertop .. if the same car chassis maybe the blacktop will win about 1/2 car ?? if everything thing is identical la ie the launching the condition of the engine etc ... but the blacktop performance cannot be just judged/based on this .. the blacktop has much better throttle response compared to silvertop and due to it's newer design ie head/piston etc etc it allows the engine to "breathe" better and also is responds better to bolt on mods ... ie intake/header/exhaust ... this of course is based on my experience driving both the silvertop and blacktop in stock conditions with just intake/header/exhaust mods ... the power of silvertop is more RAW .. where else the blacktop is more REFINED ...

GT20v

something like Virgin and Mature girl :)

EFN

Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
GT20v said:
something like Virgin and Mature girl :)
\

AHEM yah yah just like sifoo GT20V said, that's why he is getting an experienced & mature girl for his EE100, most probably a 6 speeder aaah?

Me, like yolk has driven both Silvertop & Blacktop. And yes Silvertop has THE RAW power feel about it - but response is inferior to Blacktops. But a Stock Silvertop 1st gen with C52 Gearbox will perform better at Top Speed compared to a Blacktop with C56 gearbox - at least this is what I have seen what my Blacktop (Her name is Melissa) and Silvertop (and she is Zalia) does.

yolk

how baka EFN how can you compare your puny blacktop exhaust setup with your silvertop apek n1 ?!?!??! makes world of difference on top speed and high end lor !!!! hahahahahaha

EFN

Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
yolk said:
how baka EFN how can you compare your puny blacktop exhaust setup with your silvertop apek n1 ?!?!??! makes world of difference on top speed and high end lor !!!! hahahahahaha
Aaa AAh yaaa laaa, that Apek N1 does makes the difference hahahahaha. Last time my Blacktop use uncle's 2" exjos wan hahahahaha

kher

Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
is this engine flexible for upgrading in terms of performance parts availability n the prices of the parts...?
most of the people say upgrading NA engines is very expensive...

EFN

Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
kher said:
is this engine flexible for upgrading in terms of performance parts availability n the prices of the parts...?
most of the people say upgrading NA engines is very expensive...
All u need is......
MONEY$$$$$$$

GT20v

kher,

NA is expensive........go for turbo if u in doubt :)..
people that mod NA..most probably is a hardcore/fan of NA.....
alot of my friend ditch 4age n go turbo...............choose wisely :)

kher

Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
hehe....actually i don own a car la...stil studying....juz wanna know more bout this engine.
addicted to its sweet roar from the 4 throttles.

But i've seen turbocharged 20V from other websites...wonder how much they spent on it..

yolk

spend 10k on NA also not 100% can get extra 30hp ATW .... spend 10k on turbo can FLY already .. hahahahahahaha .... NA is expensive to play .... but depend on what you want to play drag/drift/track/autocross/etc etc ... POWER IS NOT EVERYTHING !!!

Three lucky winners from Malaysia were rewarded by Castrol recently with the opportunity to travel to Madrid, Spain, where they got the chance to meet the Castrol Global Ambassador, Cristiano Ronaldo, and train at Real Madrid’s training facility at Valdebebas.

The trip was the result of an integrated Castrol campaign for its consumers and trade partners that saw Goh Su Chin winning the Castrol Edge...