ECU repair? How much?

turbo85

Nov 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Gents,

My mechanic diagnosed that my corolla ECU is spoilt, may I know how much is the estimated repair cost? Will you recommend to repair?

Thanks.

turbo85

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Hi turbo85, whats your model?
As what i know, market price vary from RM300 ~ RM500 or more depends on the level of damage, quality of the work done and the type of ECU.
If you send it to a right person you will have peace of mind until you sell your car!

Hope this info helpful to you.

turbo85

Nov 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My toyota car model is AE111, this relates to the problem here:
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/toyota/395265-weird-engine.html

According to the mechanic, he says that I need to change six I.C in the ECU, and since my car is 1.6 L (local malaysia version of corolla), changing to the secondhand imported ECU which is 1.5 L might not be compatible.

To confirm with Sifu levin818, may I know is this ECU related? Can we actually change the ECU, or perhaps I can buy from you if you have it. This is because my preference is to change to a secondhand imported ECU rather than repairing it. If no choice, may I know how do you actually repair the ECU?

Thanks.

turbo85

Last edited:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Ok, i have just read thro' the link. Yes it is likely ECU related problem. To further confirm it, you can take a close pic of the component side of your ECU and post it up here or email it to me.

As my understanding, JDM (Japan model) AE111 is running diff spec compare to local model. It mean if you run JDM's ECU in your car, you will get some error codes flag into the ECU. And once you have codes, the ECU will not optimize the performance of your engine.

So your solution would be get a used ECU (local model) or rebuilt your ECU. But thinking of which, a used ECU will subject to similar problem again sooner or later. So my suggestion is rebuilt your ECU.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

How do i rebuilt the ECU?
Identifying the problem - remove the faulty and aging components - 100% removing of residual chemical - track polishing - track plating - bridging broken track (if any) - plug in new component (higher performance, longer lifespan than original) - final cleaning - idle current test - 5V regulator/watchdog test - waterproof coating

1 year warranty, but smile till 2020... :biggrin:

Last edited:

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Levin 818 is the most professional ecu repairer i've ever known,his works need to be seen to believe.Very detailed job,worth every cent.

peyuh83

Sep 19, 2008
bro levin...i need ur assistance to check my altezza tom's ecu....also problem...how to contact u...tq

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
not only toyota ECUs.... sent 1 FRIED, BBQ, GRILLED or watever u wanna call it Nissan ECU. Came out chun chun, swee swee, leng leng!:top:

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
hey tubro85, sorry tumpang your thread..

Hey Levin818,

I'm driving a local 1996 AE111 (A) and i think i might be experiencing pinging when i open the throttle wide at low RPM like when driving up steep roads, just before the gear shifts down.

I saw your guide back in 2010 about adjusting 20V timing and wondering if it's the same for local 4AFE? I'm thinking of trying that out but on idle, i'm getting the lovely mist around the muffler so i suspect it could be a pressure problem like a clogged fuel filter as it's still the original one. LOL. What do u think?

Also wondering, roughly how much would it cost to rebuild an ECU like mine? If you don't mind, please PM me your contact details (just in case).

Cheers

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Well now we know who to find when my ECU goes kaput...thanks mr Levin 818!
Tks bro, if anything i can help feel free to buzz me.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

bro levin...i need ur assistance to check my altezza tom's ecu....also problem...how to contact u...tq
Hey bro you may contact me at 012-298 8960.
Possible to give me a detail description on how the problem happen, ie: handling mistake or??

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
not only toyota ECUs.... sent 1 FRIED, BBQ, GRILLED or watever u wanna call it Nissan ECU. Came out chun chun, swee swee, leng leng!:top:
Hi Jason, that was one of the toughest job i ever done... nightmare.. glad to hear that it become swee swee again :biggrin:

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

shopping around for a car - three top choices are Accord Euro R, Integra R, or the GTI
Anyone can share some info on the following on the GTI:
- any major differences between 05-07 models? Are all Mk5 and about the same?
- always been wary of Euro car electronics - any issues here like ECU problems, etc?
- seen a couple of 2 door versions being advertised - is the engine etc the same as the 4 door?
- what main things to look out for when checking one out?

Got plenty of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience