How frequent you use a 90mm-300mm lens

NOSkill

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
I'm planning to buy this lens, but not sure about how frequent I'll use it. So I'm kind of in a dilemma. I'm more like a person constantly with a 80mm and no bag. I also heard that I'd need a tripod if the shutter speed is slower than 1/100 with 100mm.

HidSeller

500 RPM
Sep 30, 2004
NOSkill said:
I'm planning to buy this lens, but not sure about how frequent I'll use it. So I'm kind of in a dilemma. I'm more like a person constantly with a 80mm and no bag. I also heard that I'd need a tripod if the shutter speed is slower than 1/100 with 100mm.
1/100 i don't think u need a tripod ....
90-300mm f4/5.6 should't cause u any major problem for average pic size ....
Value for money, why don't u just 70-210 or 80-200 (might be a bit over budget) .....

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
waa.. so long.. need tripod leh.. unless shinny bright day..if not.. slight move will cause de pic to be damn blur..use dat 2 sec timer or de plug in shutter button.. if not scared u move de camera..

karl31

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Malaysia
NOSkill said:
hai.. also new here..
if u like to shoot outdoor and sport, i think better u take it. tripod and bag u can get next time.. but if u like to shoot macro & night, take tripod and macro lens

HidSeller

500 RPM
Sep 30, 2004
i don't think ur hand can shake faster then 1/120 ......
it just a normal len, unleast u go for ED (f2.8) then u might need a tripod cause it heavy .....

NOSkill

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
I'm planning to get a budget lens, the Sigma 70-300 APO Macro. Currently I get a deal with rm720. They said the price would change by March thus nobody is having stock.

Will the price increase or decrease?? Should I wait or get it now??

karl31

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Malaysia
NOSkill said:
I'm planning to get a budget lens, the Sigma 70-300 APO Macro. Currently I get a deal with rm720. They said the price would change by March thus nobody is having stock.

Will the price increase or decrease?? Should I wait or get it now??
decrease or not, dunno. that price is ok, and that lens also not bad, but when u come serious... hehehe time to think about 105 macro and tele lens,, VR. if use nikon laa :regular_smile: ..

BoatOwner

Known Member
Feb 25, 2004
morris-racing.com
HidSeller said:
i don't think ur hand can shake faster then 1/120 ......
it just a normal len, unleast u go for ED (f2.8) then u might need a tripod cause it heavy .....
Except at 2.8 you can use a much faster shutter speed than at 5.6.. two stops faster. So instead of shooting at 1/60 5.6 you can be shooting at 1/250 2.8.

sotplugDESIGNER

Apr 20, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
i got a Sigma Super Macro APO II 70-300mm since last year, not often use it but just can describe it in 1 word, "SUPERB!" (for low budget and noob like me lah muahaha)

erm...its heavy, 500g+-(lens bag included dun woly haha), but it will gv u nice pic xspecially macro pic. I rmb i bring mine to redang,took sum pics and the results was so damn nice(compare to my 28-90 kit lens lah haha)

then for macro, before i get this lens,the method i use is hold a magnifying glass infront of the standard lens,pics okloh...can say lousy quality macro lolx,then after i got Sigma,hua.... my macro pics starts increasing haha

well my noob opinion for u, if u really wanna get a 300mm and ur budget below 1k,then Sigma Super Macro APO II is the right choice,i 4got what name but a mag has make survey on same the categorise lens,and sigma has been chosen as the smart value lens

sotplugDESIGNER

Apr 20, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
ohya about ur hand shaking probs...so far when i've use my sigma,just got 2 results that i get...

1st, target lock on and focus clear,pic nice
2nd, target lock on,hand shake,focus run to other side or behind or front,pic die hahaha

it is DAMN(soly but have to use this word) HARD to shoot macro in between 200-300mm coz once ur hand shake just a little bit,yup i mean juz a little bit even 2-3mm then ur things will outfoc hahaha,so its advice that u use tripod to prevent ur focus run to other side more than ur hand shake and create blur pic haha

hapi shooting,cheers~~~

kwtong

Known Member
May 30, 2005
Sunway
sotplugDESIGNER said:
i got a Sigma Super Macro APO II 70-300mm since last year, not often use it but just can describe it in 1 word, "SUPERB!" (for low budget and noob like me lah muahaha)

erm...its heavy, 500g+-(lens bag included dun woly haha), but it will gv u nice pic xspecially macro pic. I rmb i bring mine to redang,took sum pics and the results was so damn nice(compare to my 28-90 kit lens lah haha)

then for macro, before i get this lens,the method i use is hold a magnifying glass infront of the standard lens,pics okloh...can say lousy quality macro lolx,then after i got Sigma,hua.... my macro pics starts increasing haha

well my noob opinion for u, if u really wanna get a 300mm and ur budget below 1k,then Sigma Super Macro APO II is the right choice,i 4got what name but a mag has make survey on same the categorise lens,and sigma has been chosen as the smart value lens
buy...buy...buy... I do agree with sotplugDESIGNER. The lens is superb if you have fully utilisation of it. It has a 1:2 macro mode within 200-300mm which u can review the nice rims or brake pads as u wish. RM720 for a 70-300 with macro is a very good buy in the market now.

U don need to worry abt the weight of the lens as it's not "that" heavy until u need a tripod to support it. Just use a faster shutter speed when it's handheld. Slow shutter speed is useful when it comes to night shots or waterfall :regular_smile:

Alternatively, u can also opt for 18-200mm since u dun have a bag, but it's a bit pricey. U can stay at 80mm (as u're constantly at 80mm) or 200mm if u wish to have a more detail view of something:shades_smile: pls dun get me wrong:regular_smile:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anybody want to know how to DIY the changing of meter face to custom one?

Im in the process of doing it.. so if anybody interested can reply here.. if not
i just keep to myself. :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience