How did the block and piston spoil/ damage?

MV4717

Jul 25, 2004
Hey guys. I want to know how did the block and piston get damage? Is it that we overboosting the car or is a wear & tear parts? Just want to know more knowledge. Just dont know any idea why a car can get white smoke from their car when it comes to old engine. Thanks for you help.

1. If the piston ring eat already, will this damage the block and piston if we dont change the piston ring and keeps on using it?

2. Izzit the piston and block is a stuff/ material that is very hard to get spoil? I mean normally the white smoke is cause by the piston ring only. Right?

Kelvin GT

lix

Known Member
Nov 5, 2004
Visit site
Well it depends. There are few factors that give direct impact towards your engine's life.
1. Maintainance = how frequent you change the engine oil and what type of oil you r using ? Multigrade? mineral or synt ? oil filter too play a major rule here because the ori filter is designed with a by pass valve when the filter is clogged. so that your engine still received oil to those friction area.
2. Wear & tear = Sometimes the white smoke is not caused by worn pistion rings. It may caused by the worn valve seal. Ask your mech to perform a compression test. If low compression reading, means your piston rings nolonger seal tight and causing air leaking. This will lead to loss of power and increase fuel consuming.
If change the valve seal make sure it made from silicon and not rubber.If you let the engine run in this king of condition, it will damage your cylinder wall and stretch your piston and the cylinder wall.

MV4717

Jul 25, 2004
Do u mean that if we perform a compression test, and the compression is low and this is confirm that the piston ring is worn? Right?

Kelvin

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, i'm driving a Wira 1.6 XLi(A)..
I'm still not satisfied with the max power of my engine.

any suggestion on how to upgrade my engine and increase horse power without any side effects??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience