Hiap Seng Trading (Original of Fake?)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Well, Hiap Seng is actually not selling ICE, but selling cloths, he help his son to sell. I bought 1 Lightning Audio wiring kit from him, but is made in China. Maybe it got a factory in China, all the RCA cables and wire have the Lightning Audio brand on it. So I think is not imatation. I have met with his son and had a conversation with him, he get the supply from US supplier when he work there. So he can get cheap price compare to normal shop. Normal shop their profit margin is very high, like a Rockford Fosgate 12" sub they selling for 680 and this guy selling for 400++. The shop is they get the supply from distributer, that's why is more expensive. I bought this wiring kit set for 90 and shop selling the 5m RCA cable only is 200++. But I not yet install, got no time now.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Another thing is Hiap Seng's product don't have distributer's sticker, so if woofer when we get try to push to the max first, they only give 1 month warranty.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
I have ask the website and they reply to me that some are made in Taiwan and some made in China.

Vlad

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
thanks dude. in other words , they are fake la.. hehe

wonder why are they trying so hard to mislead consumers like us just to make
some quick profit. so unethical..

kevyeoh

Known Member
Nov 15, 2004
guys

got a friend who bought a soundstream amp from hiap seng...
they are selling real stuff... but bought from US... so no warranty...
and don't hope for any warranty lar if u buy from them... speakers not
recommended to buy cause scared can get damaged during shipping...
but for amp...ok lar...cause not so easy to get damaged...HU not recommended too..
if u personally check the prices of ICE stuff at ebay US for example...u will
really notice that it's really cheaper compare to malaysia... about more than
50% cheaper in fact...

most of the stuff now made in china...so can't really say if china made means fake
already...

just my input...

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
I agree with you. most of the amp and other things now are made in China or Taiwan, mostly are the Asia countries because the cost is cheap. If made in US, then it will cost more. Just think, for LA products it is over-price for Malaysia as it has to go thru distributer first, but atleast it will give us a 1 year warranty. I have bought a LA B300.2 2nd hand for 300 only and guess what? It has blow my 2 12" subwoofer. A new 1 from shop is around 1600++.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Normal an US amp can last longer and will not give us much problem. Unless we got no luck....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Amazingly, as you can see in the pictures after the jump, the Lada came out through the wall without any serious damages. We don’t know if the Russian driver was hurt, but if anything else, he must have lost a few years of his life the moment he saw that the crash was inevitable.

What if, Proton vs Concrete Wall...???

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience