help with streamyx networking

Johnyblze

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
perth,WA & Subang Jaya
Visit site
Hi all,

i need some help on the way i should do my streamyx networking. so far i understand that i need to get a router and network card. i have one streamyx modem already and wish to connect to other computers in the hse.(2) the guy seeling me the router told me that i need to call stremyx installer to get them to configure the ip adress or somethin..tried calling them but as u know it is hopepless!!! any way to by pass this?

any help would be appriciated..

tema kasih

^^ED^^

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
Get a router with DHCP build in, its will solve your problem instantly.

Streamyx is leasing the IP for 14 or 30 days only, if you router capable to store IP & auto assign it will not be any Issue over the sharing.

But bear in your mind it will slow down, cause sharing 256k for 2 .... ;)

Cheersssssss !!!

donchichi

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Get a cisco router if you're rich! hahah can configure tons of stuff..

Anyways.. if u plan to run long hours on the net please make sure you install a firewall as well. Don't want your girl pictures be stolen or erased do you? ahhaha

jedi

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
No need get any router if you want to connect Streamyx within 2 computers only.

this is what I did at home.

PC A with ADSL modem and also 2 NIC (one for ADSL & one for LAN), PC B with one NIC. So, at the Gateway setting for PC B, I put the IP Address of PC A.

That's all.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bro!!!, i m new here!!!. i need some advise from all the pros. i m driving a toyota le ae 84. i am planning to change my engine. Can you all recommend what is the most suitable engine for my car? where can i get it? how much it will cost for the engine and for the transplant?

p/s : i will appreciate if you all can reply asap, because i m planning to change the engine this month, my current engine koyak ready lo, cant drive anymore.
thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience