[HELP]...Radiator recommendation

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
This are the brand I manage to find in the market & the price are varies.
Forged Racing, Mishimoto & Koyorad.

What are the differences between them? Last longer & more durable?
Which is worth to buy in term of reliability for daily ride & once awhile WOT?
I’m looking for reasonable price & review among the list above.

Engine: stock 4G63T
Application: Daily ride & once awhile WOT

Thanks in advance

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Full alu rad last longer then any stock plastic top bottom part. Price diff is the material it use n made, koyorad from japan, forged racing n mishimoto from US. Full alu rad basicly the same, diff is core design, reliability depend on coolant mixture u use n well take care of can last as long as the car. Temp diff between them can say its the same. Its down to how much your budget n brand name u wan in your engine bay...

Base of material n quality is koyorad, mashimoto, then forged racing. i believe price is also that way.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
For daily driving go for the cheapest 1 lo... efficiency same.

yihao88

Known Member
Jun 14, 2011
JB
Dayline668,
As I read the Forged Racing are made in Malaysia...?FORGED RACING RADIATORS INC - About Forged Racing
My budget are varies... if could get the cheaper unit but work efficiently much better.
Bro, i change koyorad b4... Bcoz of my manifold and wastegate welding, the welding lead drop to my radiator n spoilt my radiator... After that i change to synergy radiator (Local Made) for temporary use, but i found that not bad...The temperture on high speed compare both radiator is only slightly different...

Btw, the coolant also play a very important part to maintain the radiator...

lanevo6

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
jb-melaka
Visit site
pang yau....u want cheap i got one Jasma brand new
u want a better one get my apexi gt then ha haa haa

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Bro, i change koyorad b4... Bcoz of my manifold and wastegate welding, the welding lead drop to my radiator n spoilt my radiator... After that i change to synergy radiator (Local Made) for temporary use, but i found that not bad...The temperture on high speed compare both radiator is only slightly different...

Btw, the coolant also play a very important part to maintain the radiator...
high speed to penang.........he he e heee

BEan

Known Member
Oct 12, 2004
Klang
www.devoteesofcharade.com
I'm using Infinite Garage aluminium radiator.Bought it 2 years ago for RM550 and still going strong.Just change the coolant regularly.Can see difference in temp between standard and alurad.The temp lower during cruise.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
the get the best cooling effect from a radiator, get a high speed fan, shrouding, better blade design (efficiency) and if possible...up size the fan...

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
kampoon,
Kindly elaborate the reason.... why...
So if need to replace the thermostat due to faulty...
Just replace to original parts...?

Changing to aftermarket low temp thermostats will increase the electrical load?

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Low temp thermostat is not suitable for daily driving bcos u will have low temp when normal driving where ECU is in rich mode to bring the temp up, when raining days will be in rich mode all the time. Not good for FC n engine health.

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
kampoon,
Kindly elaborate the reason.... why...
So if need to replace the thermostat due to faulty...
Just replace to original parts...?

Changing to aftermarket low temp thermostats will increase the electrical load?
Low temp thermostat is not suitable for daily driving bcos u will have low temp when normal driving where ECU is in rich mode to bring the temp up, when raining days will be in rich mode all the time. Not good for FC n engine health.

replaced your faulty thermostat to the low temp thermostat is not recommended because today's computerized engine control systems require a constant operating temperature of about 8x degrees C for Mitsu Engine if i am not mistaken.. The engine's emission controls as well as it's fuel and spark control systems are all calibrated to work within a given temperature range. If someone replaced the thermostat with the wrong one for the application (either colder or hotter), it can cause driveability, fuel economy, performance and emissions problems. So if the thermostat is replaced for any reason, it must be replaced with one that has the same (or correct) temperature rating for your vehicle.

My new 2 Cents.....Hope this will help....

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Lotus Racing has today confirmed that the team will be known as Team Lotus from 2011. The migration from Lotus Racing to Team Lotus will take place over the coming months and the renamed team will be the direct successor to the iconic previous incarnation of Team Lotus when they take to the track in the 2011 FIA Formula One™ World Championship and beyond. Tony Fernandes and Kamarudin Meranun’s Tune Group has...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience