Help...Problem with my engine...

flatlander

Apr 9, 2005
Hi all,

I need help with my engine..recently I've replaced my engine top cover gasket. After that, my engine is not smooth anymore and the check engine light appear on my dash. Initially i tought it was due to the broken "breather valve" (the one that connected at the engine head cover to the intake manifold). Now that I've got it replaced, the problem was still there. My engine symptom right now is:
1. some time hard to start
2. Once the engine hot (in operating condition) the engine will idling at 1500 ~ 1700 rpm
3. loss pickup especially from still to about 60 kmh
4. there were some "klinking" sound from inside the intake manifold
5. If i rev up the engine, there air intake sound is louder than usual (sound as if not using any air filter at all)
6. during cruising (maintain speed) sometime the check engine will disapear and appear back intermitently.

Feel free to give any suggestion on what else i should check on my engine.

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
I can only guess the following based on the condition you described.

1. Vacuum Leak.
it could be from anywhere. intake manifold or intake gasket, disconnected vacuum hose.

Get a OBD scanner to scan for the error code to point to the exact problem. Since you have an engine check light on.

zane_al

Known Member
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think the trick here is to find a competent electrician mechanic to do a MUT test on your engine; could be throttle problem also.
I hope you can find one or some members can recommend. Going to a so and so mech could be a waste of time and resources.

flatlander

Apr 9, 2005
yup, totally agree... i did went to few mechanics but couldn't find any with the scanner to diagnos the problem... anyone know good workshop that i could went for..btw, I'm in Miri n Bintulu..:bawling:
As of now, I guess I'm only left with option to solve it one by one...so, i need to check all the possible cause related to it and check one by one... huhu..

hulkv6tt

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
bro, pls have a look at your...
1) Cam position sensor ( 2 of it...look for loose connector or any sign of oil at the conector etc..)
2) Throttle position sensor ....at the thorttle body for loose connection ...etc.
3) Resetting your ecu....

just try it's coz it works just fine with me...good luck

flatlander

Apr 9, 2005
Bro hulkv6tt,

Ok, will do that the first thing tomorrow morning... hope it does work..
thanks..

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
a brand new throttle body will cost you at least RM3k. That is why we stress so much on taking care your throttle body properly.

flatlander

Apr 9, 2005
wow...does it really cost that much for a new TB...:bawling:
I've checked all the connection to the sensors but all seems to be ok..I've also reset the ecu but the problem still exist..huhu
BTW, how do you take care of the throttle body? I do regularly clean the MAF and throtlle body.

flatlander

Apr 9, 2005
Finally, managed to find a local workshop that able to diagnose the car. Found out that one of the 02 Sensor was faulty..get it replaced..but the problem still exist..so we decided to check the timing..found out that the timing belt has slipped 4 teeth..get it fixed back and now the engine is back to normal... but then, there's another sound coming out.. it will not appear when the gear is in P or N..once you put in D and start to drive, there's like a klicking sound from the engine..it will disappear again once the speed is above ~ 40km/h..

hulkv6tt

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
flatlander, what is your belt mileage? it suppose to last/withstand up to 80,000km rite?

flatlander

Apr 9, 2005
Bro hulkv6tt,
I've just got my belt replaced early last year, now its about 15,000 km.. donno why it can slipped in the first place.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
1. what belt u are using ? genuine ? aftermarket? quality?
2. was the pulley being tighten to the proper torque and appropriate free-play alloted?
3. was the belt even being installed properly at the first place??
i think now is too late to find out why and how...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

SUBANG JAYA: A 28-year-old computer engineering assistant, who was hit on the head with a steering wheel lock two days ago, succumbed to his injuries at Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL).

Muhammad Nazri Ismail, who is a member of the Umno Youth branch in Jalan Kenanga, Cheras, died at about 1.30am yesterday. He had a deep gash at the back of the head.

Subang Jaya deputy OCPD Supt Kamal Rosli Skymmar A. Wahab Skymmar said that at 8.30am on Tuesday, the public alerted police that a man had been...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience