Help!! Need Suggestion which car to buy now~

seanzer

From Facebook
Nov 22, 2009
i'm looking for some sporty car, budget between RM100k-130K.
I am thinking of getting a Mazda RX8(recond set) 03/04 actually but some friends telling me that the car maintenance is high, and the fuel petrol also killing, is that real...?
Any RX8 driver can help..?

after heard of that i got no idea at all . either get Caldina GT4(2nd hand), honda civic 2.0(new) or toyota altis 1.8(new).

some of friend told me that mini cooper(2nd hand) and Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 is around that price also...
which is the better choice...? or do u got any other suggestion?

Attachments

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Rotaries, famous for making power even though the CC is small... It needs to have lots of fuel to have a big explosion in such a small engine, so yeah. Its not as GOOD as piston cars but its not OMG-GOT-TO-PUMP-PETROL-AGAIN-AR bad :biggrin:

If youre going to buy one look for a low mileage one, the ones with higher mileage sometimes are getting close to needing an engine rebuild.

I'd vote for a silvia s15 if its in budget! SR20, low weight, rwd cant go wrong there :biggrin:

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
bro, with that budget, u can consider DC5 as well..NA has less maintenance issue compares to turbo and its has better FC in long run. with 200hp, its more than enough for everyday driving n some fun once in a while.

however, new cars like Lancer GT, Civic 2.0 or even Altis r great choice if u have family n have low budget for maintenance. new cars will hv no issue abt maintenance for at least 5 yrs or so. while with d recond/used sports cars, prepared extra 5k to 10k for new parts as some parts r worn out or some minor mods.

seanzer

From Facebook
Nov 22, 2009
Rotaries, famous for making power even though the CC is small... It needs to have lots of fuel to have a big explosion in such a small engine, so yeah. Its not as GOOD as piston cars but its not OMG-GOT-TO-PUMP-PETROL-AGAIN-AR bad :biggrin:

If youre going to buy one look for a low mileage one, the ones with higher mileage sometimes are getting close to needing an engine rebuild.

I'd vote for a silvia s15 if its in budget! SR20, low weight, rwd cant go wrong there :biggrin:

owh... okie. actually those sports car... petrol almost the same right...? no matter subaru or fairlady or silvia compare with rx8?

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Nolah... the bigger cc usually sucks more fuel faster.
Even Mercedes if you whack everyday can use more fuel faster than a RX8 which is driven carefully.

I suggest the fuel economy kind of thing you do research on it yourself, the internet is full of answers :biggrin:

seanzer

From Facebook
Nov 22, 2009
bro, with that budget, u can consider DC5 as well..NA has less maintenance issue compares to turbo and its has better FC in long run. with 200hp, its more than enough for everyday driving n some fun once in a while.

however, new cars like Lancer GT, Civic 2.0 or even Altis r great choice if u have family n have low budget for maintenance. new cars will hv no issue abt maintenance for at least 5 yrs or so. while with d recond/used sports cars, prepared extra 5k to 10k for new parts as some parts r worn out or some minor mods.

DC5, hmm.. not bad... can consider it :biggrin: izit got auto transmission? haha...kinda tired with manual car in KL area everyday... DC5 got passenger seat behind...? bt as i know... DC5 is about RM150k higher than my current budget ler bro~

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
The non type-r has auto, you try find lah the type-s or lower spec ones...
Got back seat behind

seanzer

From Facebook
Nov 22, 2009
Nolah... the bigger cc usually sucks more fuel faster.
Even Mercedes if you whack everyday can use more fuel faster than a RX8 which is driven carefully.

I suggest the fuel economy kind of thing you do research on it yourself, the internet is full of answers :biggrin:

owh.. haha.. .okok...thx... :biggrin:

seanzer

From Facebook
Nov 22, 2009
i had test drive S15 and dc5 type R just now... for me... both nice.. .bt silvia better preformance, handling, bt dc5 nice interior and cool stylish. bt still... compare with rx8.. .still love that ler... any other nice beside this 2?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
..great power comes with great petrol bills....
...great cc engines come with great roadtax cost...
...great unique car come with great hardship finding spare parts, etc

Anyway, after getting the advices/comment, do TEST DRIVE the car and then decide....which car to buy...

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
i had test drive S15 and dc5 type R just now... for me... both nice.. .bt silvia better preformance, handling, bt dc5 nice interior and cool stylish. bt still... compare with rx8.. .still love that ler... any other nice beside this 2?
How about a Evo 6 or 7?

Get the S15 :rofl... Can drift compared to FF honda muahaha~~ :driver:

juninho

Feb 13, 2007
KL
tinyurl.com
DC5, hmm.. not bad... can consider it :biggrin: izit got auto transmission? haha...kinda tired with manual car in KL area everyday... DC5 got passenger seat behind...? bt as i know... DC5 is about RM150k higher than my current budget ler bro~
I would personally suggest DC5 too. They do have auto transmission but only available for non type R. Fuel consumption is superb and they do have backseat. Non type R should cost around RM120- 130k depending on the year of make.
If you're considering a 4 door car, the new Civic is quite nice too. Good fuel consumption but less power compared to the Integra. Just my opinion thought. The decision is still yours bro ;-)

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
once u go rx8, modding options are limited compared to the other 2 cars above, mau increase power also relatively difficult

also depends u want FR of FF, handling characteristics of both will be different

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just a couple of weekends ago, we were invited to participate in a Lotus Cars-only drive to Genting Highlands along with Ex-F1 legend, current Lotus Ambassador Jean Alesi and Gino Rosato, Director of Corporate Operations at Group Lotus. It was a drive not-to-be-missed for me not just because the Genting Highlands' uphill route is still one my favourite weekend pastime, or the opportunity to drive with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience