Help: Need advice on upgrading ICE

baghavan

Oct 17, 2004
Puchong
Visit site
Good Day Guyz,
I am driving a Satria and currently interested in upgrading my ICE. I am looking in getting a system which has both SQL and SPL. A bit of the both worlds!
Why I am here? Surely to seek some good advice before I blow a BOMB on my system!

My current car ICE setup:
Head Unit: Sony CDX-F7000
Front Components: Boschman Components
Rear Speakers: China 6x9 Alpine

I have been visiting this car audio shop which I know the owner. He has been giving me valuable suggestions and I would like to know your taking on this. His recommended ICE upgrade for my car:
Head Unit: Maintain the current unit
Front Components: Boston Acoustics
Rear Speakers: Not important (Any speakers, he recommended to move my current components to the rear)
Amplifier: 4 Channel JBL
Woofer: Triangle Bazooka

All of the above is arround RM4500 - RM6000

Note: Amplifer connected to front components and woofer.

Now here are my questions:
1) What do you guyz think of the setup above?
2) If I am planning on doing a slow upgrade which of the following should I upgrade 1st?
(a) Add the 4 channel JBL + Triangle Bazooka Woofer
(b) Change to better components
3) Please advice if any other suggestions... brand advice... setup advice...

Thanks for your feedback and time!

Baghavan

DJThoRmented

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
I'm bored... :dontknow:

your budget? :wink:

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
umm... for RM4500-6000 u can get much better stuff installed man

How about
2x ADS P450.2
Helix Esprit HXS-136 Components
2x Helix Blue Subwoofers

All for RM4500 which can be then installed for <RM500...

Else more on SQ setup will be
Helix Exprit H400 amp
Helix Esprit 136 Speakers
Helix Blue subwofer x1

All for RM <4000.

Or look at some 2nd hand stuff for sale... get a better sub and amp and speakers...

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
baghavan said:
Good Day Guyz,
I am driving a Satria and currently interested in upgrading my ICE. I am looking in getting a system which has both SQL and SPL. A bit of the both worlds!
Why I am here? Surely to seek some good advice before I blow a BOMB on my system!

My current car ICE setup:
Head Unit: Sony CDX-F7000
Front Components: Boschman Components
Rear Speakers: China 6x9 Alpine

I have been visiting this car audio shop which I know the owner. He has been giving me valuable suggestions and I would like to know your taking on this. His recommended ICE upgrade for my car:
Head Unit: Maintain the current unit
Front Components: Boston Acoustics
Rear Speakers: Not important (Any speakers, he recommended to move my current components to the rear)
Amplifier: 4 Channel JBL
Woofer: Triangle Bazooka

All of the above is arround RM4500 - RM6000

Note: Amplifer connected to front components and woofer.

Now here are my questions:
1) What do you guyz think of the setup above?
2) If I am planning on doing a slow upgrade which of the following should I upgrade 1st?
(a) Add the 4 channel JBL + Triangle Bazooka Woofer
(b) Change to better components
3) Please advice if any other suggestions... brand advice... setup advice...

Thanks for your feedback and time!

Baghavan
hi, I think Ur friend try potong kepala laaa...with RM4500 to RM6000 U can get better than that laa ...Hope U can go to KF Audio or ACP or Sound Quest...they can give U better stuff for U with that cost...Now up to U...dont become another Victim in ICE ...

baghavan

Oct 17, 2004
Puchong
Visit site
My budget is about 6K but I am not spending in one go.
Am planning on doing it stage by stage...
What shall I add 1st?
The woofer & amp as I already have a basic a component set?

Can you please advice where you guyz have done your ICE installations? (Shop Name and Location/How to get there)
Where can I get the best deals?

Thanks again for your input.

Last edited:

DJThoRmented

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
step-by-step... hrmmmm...

change HU then :wink:

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
baghavan said:
My budget is about 6K but I am not spending in one go.
Am planning on doing it stage by stage...
What shall I add 1st?
The woofer & amp as I already have a basic a component set?

Can you please advice where you guyz have done your ICE installations? (Shop Name and Location/How to get there)
Where can I get the best deals?

Thanks again for your input.
Right know how much you can spend...I need to know...

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
fro 6k budget with only single 4 channel amp a bazooka and boston acoutic comps i think its way below 6k. For 6lk you will have a decent budget.

if you said you are aiming for spl and sq then go for 15" even better 2 X 15". Subs like Adire will suit you (namely the koda) and get some mono to power them. Put it in a ported box tuned low (30-35hz) and you will have a subs playing low and loud. Look for subs which has high xmax and high BL.

Get a 4 channel or 2 channel for your comps. comps like MBQ, Alpine type X, DLS, Helix, Bravox, CDT HD namely few but its all about preferences.

And last-------change your HU.

i think it will suit for a 6k budget.

baghavan

Oct 17, 2004
Puchong
Visit site
I have already got a decent HU.
A Sony CDX-F7000.

Current thinking of a budget between 2K-3K.

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
my advise don go back to ur so call ice shop owner,he is a bastard trying to slit ur throat n make tons of cash from u, be careful, they are really good in brainwash ur brain.

my suggestion go join ice tt n test those ice sifu setup b4 u go install any ice. The knowledge u gain will save u from loads of "kepala potong" experience. Good luck!!! :biggrin:

DJThoRmented

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
sorry for being rude haihhhhh... darn tired lah yesterday no electricity so i became 'lauk' for the mosquitoes :frown:

anyways, plan your way. 1 installer talks his own path while others their own. go talk to more then follow the path that suits you :wink:

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
baghavan said:
I have already got a decent HU.
A Sony CDX-F7000.

Current thinking of a budget between 2K-3K.
If like that aa...Hopefully U can contact this friend..he has Orion Xtreme 900.2 G5 (New with waranty) very very good one...give ur phone no:....so I can sms to u that friend no & price...Actualy I also want this amp...but due to my Raya is coming soon...postpone leeerrr...Price also nice...After that go to KF Audio at Aman Suria...said to theme I need Bravox 15' DVC like they instal in Samy Vellu son car ...cost less than RM1000...Ur hu mentain it 1st...coz in this era HU very fast outdate one like a PC ....

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
wit tat much of budget...
i'll go 4 a pair of front comp which is good 4 SQ...
2 12" kicker comp VR powered wit prokick dg1200.1

ISWARA GT-R

Known Member
Jan 13, 2004
8th Miles 53100
For between 2-3k budget
I think u can start with amplifier and sub for the first stage
But actually it still dependent on what is lacking to the system
Later on then u can upgrade to a superb component set as this is the most critical part in ice in terms of equipments and usually most of the weight in budgetting shall be put on this item.
However, for your case, the HU will be the last thing to upgrade.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
yo Rain, if got no electricity how u login one...?? got in car PC ka? hehe.... :tongue:

btw that 15" bravox in datuk seri's son's car is around 2k, and is quite sq type. have the same one in the jazz, maybe will be available as 2nd hand once it comes out when the new type R 15" arrives.

for budget 2-3k for first upgrade i suggest 4 ch amp & sub with box first, since u already have HU & front components. enuff to get u booming..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Drive: Power is where the HRV Turbo score the highest points. Provides instant response, with very symmetrical throttle to acceleration ratio, refined power delivery, despite being fed through a cvt transmission. It is surprisingly parallel this time around, literally unelastic in most of driving situations. Has paddle shifters, a good to have necessity for demanding drivers.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience