help me please...

teh_ais

Feb 14, 2007
I am new here..currently I am working in japan and planning to send my car back to malaysia. I am trying my best to apply ap.
Anyone know what kind of company i should contact in malaysia? I need to find who to unload my car from the port?? any know this?? any suggestion??:confused::confused:
I really need this kind of informations now, all the dai go dai go here please teach me...:rolleyes:

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
sorry my friend, this isn't the best place to ask.

I would recommend you ask your friends in Japan, especially the students.

Japanese students bring back cars to Msia on a weekly basis...

todak

Sep 29, 2006
hi ,ok maybe i can give you the info ,but first let me ask you some question, are you working there more then a year? is you passport say you have a working permit or student? if you student/working all you need to apply from miti back in kl , when you come back over here, if you working your you must prove you have working permit.the car must be under your name min 9month/ insurance/ no roadtax is ok,keep your air ticket to prove and the boarding pass to miti,valid driving licence and bill you purchase the car, and most inportant if you are student get the letter from uni. ap is free., anyone one ask you for money tell them piss off. in kl go to miti,jalan duta, give all the document which i mention and between one week you get your ap, when shipping over here get the agent to clear for you, don,t try to be clever you won,t able to do it, they will charge you 3k, cheers hope will help you this info.:wavey:

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
does that mean one only need to pay for the transportation fee?

teh_ais

Feb 14, 2007
Really thank you to all dai gor dai gor here, i will do it when i go back.
planning to get R34 back, contacting shipment company.
really thank you about all of your info

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

todak, the agent you said..who is it? where can i find them? is it the one who nego the price with the tax?

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Teh Ais, you gotta ask people, online it's hard to say...there are thousands of freight forwarding agencies in Port Kelang...

Document 11 : Guidelines to Apply for Import License For Personal Motor Vehicles Of Malaysian Citizens Working Or Studying Overseas

INTRODUCTION

The purpose of these guidelines is to explain the conditions and procedures that need to be complied with by Malaysian citizens applying for an Import License (AP) for personal motor vehicles. CONDITIONS AND PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION

Malaysian citizens that are eligible to apply:
Government officials working or studying overseas toward at least diploma level.Malaysian citizens working full time in a company/posted overseas for at least 1 year or studying overseas toward at least diploma level (except from Singapore and Brunei). Accompanying spouses or children are not eligible to apply for Import license.
Husband, wife and children of Government officials and staff of home-based offices working at Malaysian Representatives office overseas.
Conditions that need to be fulfilled to qualify for an Import License for a private motor vehicle:
Residing overseas legally for a period of not less than one (1) year.Vehicle must be registered under the applicant's name for a period of not less than nine (9) months (from the date of registration to the date of return to Malaysia).Vehicle must be insured under the applicant's name for a period of not less than nine (9) months (from the date of insured to the date of return to Malaysia).Applicant must has a valid driving license. A learner/temporary driving license is not acceptable.Returned to Malaysia permanently
Apply within 3 months from the date of return to Malaysia.
How to Apply:
Applicant must submit the Application Form together with a copy of supporting documents as follows:

International passport.Working or studying visa overseas.(dependent visa are not allowed)
Identity card.
Letter of offer to work or study overseas.
Letter of job termination or completion of study.
Malaysia driving license.
Approval letter to study from the sponsor of the scholarship or loan.
Certificate of Registration of the Vehicle overseas.
Insurance Certificate of the Vehicle overseas.
Purchase Invoice of the Vehicle overseas.
Complete and typed Customs Form JK69.
Boarding pass/flight ticket back to Malaysia.
Note:

Custom Form JK69 can bought at:

Syarikat Percetakan Nasional (M) Berhad,
Jalan Chan Sow Lin,
50554 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel : 03-92212022
Faks : 03-92220690
The copy of documents has to be certified by government officials (grade A) or Commissioner of Oath only.
General condition imposed:
The vehicle can only be registered in Malaysia under the applicant's name.The ownership of the vehicle cannot be transferred to any third party within 2 years from the date of registration.
AP is granted to applicant once in a lifetime.
Submission of Application:

Completed application must be submitted to:
Ministry of International Trade & Industry (MITI)
Import and Export Control Division
Second Floor,Block 10
Government Offices Complex, Jalan Duta
50622 Kuala Lumpur
Tel.: 03-6203 3022
Fax.: 03-6201 3012 or
MITI's Branch Offices.

CLIENTS’ CHARTER Application will be processed within 7 working days upon receipt of completed application.

FLOW CHART

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Hi bro Teh Ais ,

My advise please also check with Malaysia custom regarding the company you hired for tax clearance/forwarding.There are a lot company offering such service but there are only a few OFFICIALLY registered with Malaysia custom

Tax nego must be done by owner himself by represent at Custom Port Klang.Last time all rayuan must be made at Putrajaya...I`m not sure current,try get advise from forwarding company you hired.

HypoGXII

Jan 14, 2010
K.L.
It's not as easy as you folks make it sound.

Applying the AP is actually the easiest part of the entire process. Contrary to popular belief, an AP is not an exemption from being taxed to bringing your car back. Since you did not state the name of your car, can't quite answer the taxation question.

Basically, to apply for an AP, you need to have documents that state you own the car for 9 months, together with Insurance for this duration.

You can easily check the MITI website to see what are the required documents, amongst which is
1) If you are a student a letter from your university stating the end of your education
2) A copy of your flight ticket to show you are returning.

Taxation is a pain in the arse to count yourself, but it is quite possible. However an easier way would be to call customs up and ask them for their price quotation. The final price is usually negotiable with discounts up to 30%. The Year of Manufacture of your car will play the biggest role in taxation. Any car up to 6 years old receives a 70% devaluation (or something along those lines).

To put it simply: If you are thinking about bringing in a brand new car, forget about it, the taxes are going to kill you! Maybe it might be cheaper than buying it locally, you'll have to do the calculations, but I doubt it will be significant enough.

Good Luck.

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
It's not as easy as you folks make it sound.

Applying the AP is actually the easiest part of the entire process. Contrary to popular belief, an AP is not an exemption from being taxed to bringing your car back. Since you did not state the name of your car, can't quite answer the taxation question.

Basically, to apply for an AP, you need to have documents that state you own the car for 9 months, together with Insurance for this duration.

You can easily check the MITI website to see what are the required documents, amongst which is
1) If you are a student a letter from your university stating the end of your education
2) A copy of your flight ticket to show you are returning.

Taxation is a pain in the arse to count yourself, but it is quite possible. However an easier way would be to call customs up and ask them for their price quotation. The final price is usually negotiable with discounts up to 30%. The Year of Manufacture of your car will play the biggest role in taxation. Any car up to 6 years old receives a 70% devaluation (or something along those lines).

To put it simply: If you are thinking about bringing in a brand new car, forget about it, the taxes are going to kill you! Maybe it might be cheaper than buying it locally, you'll have to do the calculations, but I doubt it will be significant enough.

Good Luck.
He's bringing in a r34 gtr.

Very much worth the effort, tax will be heavily discounted considering its 10 years old.

Many taikors here have brought in their own cars, it's not that hard.

(Actually I've got a car right now in Port Kelang Authority car park, not Skyline tho :biggrin: )

HypoGXII

Jan 14, 2010
K.L.
Okay, an R34 GT-R I can work with...

The Value of the car based on customs price list is 1.04 Million Yen.

Total inflation of tax will be 193.15%
105% excise, 30% Import, 10% sales duty.

FOB value is 38,500
CIF value is 40,281.
Freight value is 1200 (Asia), Insurance is 1.5% from FOB

Assuming it is 10 years old, roughly RM 77,800 IN TAX, before any applicable discount.

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Okay, an R34 GT-R I can work with...

The Value of the car based on customs price list is 1.04 Million Yen.

Total inflation of tax will be 193.15%
105% excise, 30% Import, 10% sales duty.

FOB value is 38,500
CIF value is 40,281.
Freight value is 1200 (Asia), Insurance is 1.5% from FOB

Assuming it is 10 years old, roughly RM 77,800 IN TAX, before any applicable discount.
Is that docket price correct? Seems too low.

If it is used, I calculate tax to be RM17,970 for a car manufactured in 1999 before discounts (I have an excel file for depreciating the customs value).

193.15% is correct.

I thought R34 GTR was nearer to 3 million plus yen ex-dealer?

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Actually that list price is clearly incorrect... dare you to find a r34 gtr for 1.04 million yen now

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
hehehe so cheap GTR34 at 1.04mil yen?

Docket price for GTR should be 5,000,000yen , VSPEC II 5.75mil ......docket price use
new price sold at that time.

HypoGXII

Jan 14, 2010
K.L.
I am sorry, I have mistyped. You are right. The FOB is 1.04 YEN. The docket price is 5.59 mil.

The other calculations are spot on.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bros
i got a ques i wanna ask
i jz chged the rims frm 16 to 17 inches...
ques is now when i wanna turn a corner...the car feels like oversteering...and when i wanna brake...the car will go to one side...y is this happening bro?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience