help! help! my car drop too much at rear end when i'm using adj. absbr

integration

Aug 23, 2006
Bro, now i was using adj abs for my car. i've used tanabe sustec pro and it has taken from DC2 b4. but when i'm using this kind of abs, my car drop too much at rear and when i've adjusted it until max heigth of the adjuster (hi-lo), the clearance between the arc/mudguard and tire about 1 inch.

Actually i want the height clearance between the arch and tire about 2.5 - 3.0 inch so that my rear is higher than front ( kasi jongket kat blakang sket...)....

I've ask my civic fellas b4 and they've said that DC2 absorber is similar with civic and the rear spring is too soft and its only suitable for DC and EG only (i don't know how far the truth of it).

They was advised me to hybrid the front spring of EG6/SR3 to my rear abs and mebi its need a minor modification such as cut the coil spring until i get my desire height. They also advised me to use the stiff and long spring that the original spring of adj. absorber.

My question is;

1. can i use the standard spring of SR3 to my adj. absorber? Perhaps it need to cut the coil spring kasi pendek...
2. What is the impact and effect if I'm using this standard spring/ lowered spring?
3. Based on your experienced about your car (DA6), what is your advise on me for this matter and what is the suitable spring that you will recommend me to use?
4. what is the recommended absorber to be used on my car?

Bro please help me...tolong..tolong...

A

achor

i've tried matching my eh2 convert eg6 with sustec pro from dc2 R. the front is a bit too lowered.

i'm not sure whether the rear springs of the dc2 are softer. because no issues with the rear part of the EG.

my dc2 is using a custom set up (own recipe) by titan for EG6. no problem also. but the titan were stiff on the EG. when installing it on the DC have to stiffen it a bit.

i think this is because DC2 are coupes and ur car is a sedan. The weight of your rear car might be more than the DC2.

do remember that coupes tends to slide their rear when entering corners. so i don't think that the rear springs are actually softer than the front springs.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
before you sumbat springs around and rojak here and there.. I'd say read up on the differences of spring types.. linear and progressive.

height adjustables are using linear springs in order to avoid preloading the springs when lowering the height.

non adjustables use progressive springs since they can be soft in the early stroke, and harder later.. so they're basically comfort-oriented.

When you rojak a progressive spring into a adj. shock.. when you lower the car, you are preloading the spring, and a very harsh ride will result..

Of course, if you're trying to point your car's ass to the sky, I guess handling is a moot point for you.

integration

Aug 23, 2006
Thanx a lot mr Achor and mr Shiroitenshi on your advised. so what should i do on my car now? do you hav any idea on it? I dont no what should i do and i'm too new in the car modification world...takut salah rojak.......

pls..pls...

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
integration,
you didnt mention what car were you using. so i assume from question no.3 its a DA6. before it gets worsen, bad ride height and bad combination, i suggest you get the original DA6 absobers and fit some aftermarket springs. mix and match between EG and DC is totally different from DA.

integration

Aug 23, 2006
thanx J101

i got your figure. what you said is right. i dont want take any risk to rojak my absorber. perhaps i can maintained the adj abs on front side and use back the standard abs on my DA6 and mix with after market spring.

and if you guyz have any brilliant proposal on it please info me ok..i need your information and thanx a lot on it.

wormtail8

Known Member
Jun 2, 2007
just got my ek and thinking of fitting on a 16'' rims...and lower the car...
any ideas on wut shud i do??install springs or ajst abs without compromising the comfort??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To fellow enthusiast out there, need some opinion on what is the most optimized engine performance i can get with a ~rm5k budget. My current ride is all stock, no mod done. As for the performance range, looking at increasing the low-mid rpm range. As of now, looking at either NA mod or supercharging (not sure if within budget though). Appreciate the feedback.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience